Fig by Marc Jacobs
Fig is a perfume by Marc Jacobs for women and was released in 2008. The scent is green-fresh. It was last marketed by Coty.

Yann Vasnier

FigFig YuzuYuzu CypressCypress

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 29.05.2020.

Is Yann Vasnier the Alberto Morillas of the Twenty-first Century?
Marc Jacobs FIG is a surprisingly nice eau de toilette for something which comes in a jug the size of Jean Naté--or 4711! Although I was expecting a Jo Malone-type lightweight cologne, in fact, FIG is much more substantial than that. This is a unisex creation leaning toward the masculine side, it seems to me, above all because of the cypress note, which is quite marked and imparts a rather greenish cast to the composition as a whole. The fig is very detectable, and the yuzu less so, to my nose. But the combination of these components really works to produce a fresh and inviting warm-weather scent. I do not find this to be very sweet or woody at all. Instead, it seems to me to be fresh and green and leafy.

Fig seems like a really nice vacation scent to me, something to wear on an island and spritz with reckless abandon to cool off but without offending anyone or making one's self sick. Nice and natural smelling.

I heartily recommend FIG to anyone who likes both fig and cypress, and I suspect that more guys than gals would take a liking to this composition! I saw that one reviewer complained that this splash smells like a men's cologne and another compared it to Marc Jacobs MAN, so perhaps this was a case of dilution and rebottling, but I hasten to reiterate that this is not a weak cologne at all.

I like it, and that means something coming from someone who is not usually all that enthusiastic about fig perfumes!

I reiterate the question from my previous review: Is Yann Vasnier the Alberto Morillas of the twenty-first century?

Popular by Marc Jacobs

Daisy Eau So Fresh by Marc Jacobs Daisy (Eau de Parfum) by Marc Jacobs Decadence by Marc Jacobs Perfect by Marc Jacobs Rain by Marc Jacobs Daisy (Eau de Toilette) by Marc Jacobs Decadence Eau So Decadent by Marc Jacobs Cucumber by Marc Jacobs Bang by Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Intense by Marc Jacobs Daisy Love by Marc Jacobs Marc Jacobs (Eau de Parfum) by Marc Jacobs Pear by Marc Jacobs Cotton by Marc Jacobs Oh, Lola! by Marc Jacobs Daisy Dream (Eau de Toilette) by Marc Jacobs Daisy Love Eau So Sweet by Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Fresh Sorbet by Marc Jacobs Daisy Daze by Marc Jacobs Lola (Eau de Parfum) by Marc Jacobs