Perfect 2020

Perfect by Marc Jacobs
Bottle Design Marc Jacobs
Perfect is a new perfume by Marc Jacobs for women and was released in 2020. The scent is floral-fruity. It is being marketed by Coty.

Top Notes Top NotesRhubarbRhubarb
NarcissusNarcissus
Heart Notes Heart NotesAlmond milkAlmond milk
Base Notes Base NotesCedarwoodCedarwood
CashmeranCashmeran

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 19.10.2021.

The advertising campaign was photographed by Juergen Teller, under the creative direction of Katie Grand.

A Perfect Day with Marc and Lou
Yesterday I had Freigang from the hospital - and my girlfriend appeared on time to sniff fragrances - and/ or buy.
To me, the world outside the hospital corridors seemed so what colorful and enticing.
And also colorful and tempting is the Perfect bottle designed.

Jacobs fragrances like to get advance praise from me for their imaginative bottles.

What romps there everything on the bottle !
Stars, kittens, bananas, dominoes, running shoes - in short, all utensils that make the day more beautiful - if not perfect.

Well, I can do without the bananas - but these I also do not perceive in the fragrance.
For the fresh cheerful rhubarb and the bright Narcisse, which does not sting the nose.
The cedar wood appears soft - wrapped in also soft cashmeran - that stands for cuddling with the kitten.
Almond milk flows creamy to it and you want to loll comfortably in the fragrance, like on a fine Cashmere blanket - in the starlight, which has also found its place on the bottle.

I have Lou Reed's " Perfect day " in the ear - a song that also tempts you to sweet idleness - but also something thoughtful :

Drink sangria in a park
And then later
When it gets dark we go home
Feed animals in the zoo
And then later a movie, too
And then home
Oh it's such a perfect day
I'm glad I spend it with you
Oh such a perfect dayyou just keep me hangin on
You just keep me hangin on
Just a perfect day
Problems are left to know Weekenders all night long
It's such fun
You make me forget myself I thought I was someone else Someone good
Perfect Summer Scent 2021
After the first spray I smell banana, although exactly this decorates the bottle cap, this is not in the perfume itself. I actually always smell banana when rhubarb is in the perfume. L'impérartrice also smells like banana to me. Since I like banana, first plus point! As the fragrance progresses, it becomes pleasantly creamy, which is probably "due" to the almond milk and cashmeran. Has a bit of a "Nivea cream vibe" but not too overpowering. In addition, joins slightly floral the narcissus and very subtly I perceive a slight spiciness of cedar wood.
Abstract: slightly fruity, sweetish, creamy, slightly floral, tangy.

Marc Jacobs fragrances aren't really mine at all, but this one really hit the spot. I had discovered the "Perfect" on vacation in the perfumery and actually only tried, because the banana on the flacon lid appealed to me :))
Was then surprisingly a Kaufkanidat and had to move in immediately with me. Unfortunately, I no longer perceive the scent even after a short time, only close to the skin. My friend takes him still long was, so I would describe the sillage as good. I myself use but already several sprays, because the fragrance is unfortunately not long lasting enough for me.
The bottle is a matter of taste, I find it sweet :).
However, the price for the Düftchen is already quite high, I bought him with a discount action, otherwise I would have reconsidered it. In Germany I have not seen him yet. In Holland, he is according to the statement of the saleswoman the most sold fragrance (as of August 2021).

For me, almost "PERFECT"!

We’re All perfect, Just The Way We Are
According to Greek mythology, people widely regarded Narcissus as the most attractive living person. After being cursed by the goddess of vengeance, he saw his face reflected on the surface of the still water and fell deeply in love with it. Eventually, he realized he was staring at himself and that he could never return to this love. Consumed by the fire of desire and passion, he ultimately walked away from the most beautiful man on the planet in a small yellow flower. But narcissus is not the main character, and there is more. In perfumery, the use of rhubarb notes can add a unique freshness and clarity to a fragrance. Like most fruits and vegetables, it is not possible to extract the scent of rhubarb naturally. So perfumers have the option to reconstruct its smell with accords or to choose between ready-made “compositions” and synthetic ingredients when creating a fragrance with rhubarb notes. Perfect is a combination of gourmand and floral. I am reminded of a delicious white cake with sugary flower petals and Jordan almonds on top, topped with powdered sugar. Rhubarb is mild and not super syrupy or sweet. The cashmeran keeps it clean.

Perfect opens with a burst of rhubarb sweetness, which I like since rhubarb is not very common in fragrances and is slightly different from the typical fruity notes. Well, this was a complete surprise, and I am shocked. It has a warm, creamy scent on me, like almond milk without bitterness, and a burst of flowers to keep it fresh. I like to smell it on my skin as I feel the yellow floral notes and the rhubarb in the opening. The latter is really delicious, juicy and only slightly tart, reminiscent of a freshly ripe plum. After the rhubarb fades, I get the sweetness from the floral core, so weak. There is a sweet narcissus, a light floral more earthy than the standard white floral note. The narcissus flower softens the edges of the rhubarb but is not entirely muted. And I appreciate it because it’s pretty distinct. The opening is spicy, at the same time refreshing, sweet and sour, fruity and green. To me, the leafy accord smells of freshly grated green apple pulp, and a hint of bitter orange adds a citrus touch to the opening.

Then it softens with a delicate nutty scent, obviously the aromatic note of almond milk. I’m a big fan of the almond fragrance, but it can often be too hot, heavy, and thick. Fortunately, in Perfect, the nutty note is well made: sensitive and soft. Almond milk offers this creamy starch to tame the floral dessert. The heart is soft, smooth, pale pink like the juice in the bottle. I’m a little surprised that almond milk is the only heart note because it doesn’t have many scents. Here, almond milk is more of an idea, a nutty note to dilute the two contradictory top notes. It lets the perfume breathe a little; it gives it to space without cramming with too many ideas.

At the base, we have cedar and cashmeran—soft, woody, musky. The ground is dry, scented and transmits the scent during wear, adding a nice texture. The cashmeran note brings out the generic floral-almond smell and becomes more transparent with the base, while the sweetness dissolves and the yellow narcissus blossoms. It is the base where Perfect becomes more of a fragrance for the mass. It becomes lighter, more relaxed and somehow cosier. Little bursts of rhubarb keep spreading in the nutty almond milk from time to time, bringing a fun twist to the delicate base. It’s a little more sophisticated than your average fruity floral, as it dries into a creamy, powdery scent.

It smells unique to me, with something reminiscent of B. from Balenciaga. The best way to describe this perfume is cute. It is excellent for casual daywear, and you can wear it to work. It has a pleasant smell. I wear it at home, after a shower, or to run errands. It is so welcoming with mild to moderate sillage, medium longevity. It is perfect for summer days and nights. Overall, I love Marc Jacobs Perfect’s light warm floral scent. It is a quick but not too intense mood booster, an extremely wearable perfume.

-Elysium
Perfect?
Preliminary: I have only one fragrance sample of it, but tested him for several days.

And personally I have come to the conclusion that he is not necessarily "my fragrance" - but that does not mean that he is bad. On the contrary.

In my opinion, he is namely a very pleasing fragrance, which, I think, will please especially people who are very new to the "perfume world". He is not too sweet, not too flowery, not too stuffy. It doesn't have any particular longevity or sillage, at least not on my skin, but stays rather close to the body - every now and then you notice a fresh, slightly sweet whiff when you move.

The bottle I actually find quite sweet - even if it is not very beautiful. But he fits, I think, well with the other Marc Jacobs bottles, which are anyway yes very playful and partly squeaky. What sense do the banana, the cube znd co. make? I think none. Just "simply" for the purpose of design.

But that also fits somehow to the fragrance. From everything and for everyone something there. I would also definitely get him, if I did not have 5 others, which smell just so similar. Just nothing really new, special but definitely something that I would like to smell - for this he is me but then again a little too expensive.

So, but now to the fragrance itself - because as so often counts yes actually only the inner values ;)

I like the top note best, where the fresh rhubarb immediately jumps into my nose - paired with the slightly sweet, pleasant almond milk. The rhubarb I perceive throughout the wearing time, however, it withdraws again after a few minutes, which I find very unfortunate. Other than that, I can't make out any particular progression. After a few hours, he becomes a little lighter, the flowers come more strongly added.

What remains is a floral, sweet but fresh perfume that lays more like a veil on the skin than it should be too intrusive. A fragrance that definitely does not bother anyone, pleases many and is suitable for practically every day.

So I personally will not get him, at least for now. For me it is too "random", too light, too fleeting on my skin - but that's my personal problem, on me just does not hold much (No, I'm not fragrance-blind. With most perfumes, you can't smell anything on me after 1-2 hours). So if you like rhubarb, are new to the fragrance world, are generally a fan of Marc Jacobs fragrances or are looking for something pleasantly light and fresh for spring, you definitely shouldn't be afraid to try it! :)
Perfect? Perfect!

For some time I was looking for this fragrance and was found the last few weeks online. Since I liked the bottle....sometimes it must be something kitschy for me.... and the fragrance notes fit into my Beuteschema, I bought blind.
Wow, I'm thrilled: warm, creamy, cuddly, cuddly. My bad weather sofa cuddle scent.
I'm looking forward to a cuddly time with Perfect on the sofa ;)
Käfermaria
The offended Perfect Sausage...
...I am now. Why - by thunder - does this beautiful nose-flatterer come off so badly here at the start? The bottle is praised... Hmm, I find this one totally corny and yes, quite ugly... with the whole Schnulli on the cap :-)
When I discovered it among the new releases here, it was clear to me: I definitely had to test it! If it's possible immediately. (Of course that didn't go so fast then.)

So I, at this point in time anyway on the almond (milk) trip, lurked. Rhubarb and almond milk! It had to be something!
And it was. There is this wonderfully tart rhubarb note, which gradually gets more and more framed by the almond milk. I love this sourness, and that's what lasts almost until the fragrance fades away
(But how - to the almighty pink bottle - must narcissus smell? Never mind...!)

The almond milk arrives and begins to flood the acidity in a very soft and sweet way. It becomes softer and softer (thanks to Cashmeran). The wood blinks at me gradually (from the dummy cap) Yeah, he "picked me up," as they say. Especially since the almond milk note reminds me discreetly of Kilian's "Rolling in love". And he also decorates my showcase
To address other opinions: I smell neither "Sì" nor cardboard sweetness, but a wonderfully soft, fluffy, delicately rhubarb-acidic feel-good fragrance for almost every occasion and season. The other day, Perfect accompanied me from the morning until the early evening and was therefore able to score with me in terms of durability.

So: Dummy cap and kitsch flacon or not - "Perfect" remains! :-)

by Pisdez
by Pisdez
by Skorpya
by Skorpya

Popular Marc Jacobs

Daisy Eau So Fresh by Marc Jacobs Daisy (Eau de Parfum) by Marc Jacobs Rain by Marc Jacobs Decadence by Marc Jacobs Daisy (Eau de Toilette) by Marc Jacobs Cucumber by Marc Jacobs Bang by Marc Jacobs Daisy Love by Marc Jacobs Decadence Eau So Decadent by Marc Jacobs Marc Jacobs (Eau de Parfum) by Marc Jacobs Cotton by Marc Jacobs Daisy Dream (Eau de Toilette) by Marc Jacobs Oh, Lola! by Marc Jacobs Pear by Marc Jacobs Lola (Eau de Parfum) by Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Fresh Sorbet by Marc Jacobs Amber by Marc Jacobs Bang Bang by Marc Jacobs Marc Jacobs Men by Marc Jacobs Daisy Love Eau So Sweet by Marc Jacobs