Finisterre by Maria Candida Gentile

Finisterre is a perfume by Maria Candida Gentile for women and men and was released in 2013. The scent is aquatic-fresh. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesMarine accord, Wet woods
Heart Notes Heart NotesEverlasting flower, Pine
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergris, Sandalwood

Submitted by Apicius, last update on 24.07.2019

6.0 5.0 8.0 6.0/10

Meggi
To each his end of the world
Finisterre - the end of the world? Hmm. It is not even the westernmost end of the European mainland. This is Cabo da Roca, located a few hundred kilometres south in Portugal, which is not Finisterre either, but at least Finisterrer than Finisterre. At Cabo da Roca I was once in the Navy during my time. It's a steep descent, although not as steep as the ancestors might have imagined the edge of the world, which they didn't want to flop down with their ships. We were - navy or not - but not really with the ship at the Cabo, but from Lisbon with the bus.

How does the non-westernmost end of Europe?let alone the world?
smell now?
The Maritime is immediately accompanied by a sweetish note of sun cream (similar to that of Aria di Mare by Il Profumo) and a touch of fennel or better aniseed. The one with the aniseed is almost ingenious and fitting; firstly it spices up the Maritime and secondly it leads elegantly into the further course.

Within seconds, an idea of coniferous wood already penetrates, considerably more coniferous than wood, and mixes itself pleasantly fresh with said spice. The result is an almost twitchy twist. Where Annick Goutal's Nuit Étoilée takes us with a sugared conifer tree into a crystal glittering winter night, here we are dealing with the warm season. A summery ramble through a fragrant forest.

The transition as a whole takes a lot of time. The mild-maritime veil can be felt throughout the morning, as if a breeze from the sea was blowing behind us after we had long since entered the forest.

Only in the course of the morning do I sign the wet wood indicated for the top note, for which Labor-Meer should be responsible in association with musty patchouli and light artificial wood. In the afternoon a creamy-sugary sweetness appears directly on the skin, which has formed from a rest of the Gehabten plus the base.

All the way out to the back and even over an evening shower and the night's rest until the next morning, unfortunately, there is a nasty musty wet wood note; this is 'maritime' from its worse side. I therefore find the fragrance really unpleasant from the middle of the afternoon onwards. Too bad, of course, the rating is pretty low. Still a test tip, maybe others will be spared the oll wood. And even if not - such is not the end of the world.

I thank Puck1 for the rehearsal.
6.0/10

Ouzo!
Normally I'm not very fond of aquatic scents, but Finisterre is very pretty.

Finisterre opens like aniseed liqueur Ouzo or Raki. After this somewhat strange opening it settles down into a wonderful fresh aquatic scent, which is as much wearable for men as for women. If I close my eyes I can almost imagine standing at a rocky shore and overlooking the ocean with pine trees right behind me. Very fresh, clean and sereen. Hmmmm, I like it...

by Mustang69