Lady Day by Maria Candida Gentile

Lady Day is a perfume by Maria Candida Gentile for women and was released in 2012. The scent is green-floral. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesGalbanum
Heart Notes Heart NotesGardenia
Base Notes Base NotesBalsamic notes

Submitted by Ambra, last update on 27.03.2019

7.5 5.0 7.5 7.0/10

Real gardenia
Lady Day was a blind buy. A tricky one, because I don't usually go for these kind of scents. But I'm happy to say it all worked out. The scents of Maria Candida Gentile are so much in line with my preferences that I felt very confident.

Lady Day starts slightly camphorous, bitter and green when first sprayed on. I presume that this is caused by the galbanum. After that the gardenia immediately arrives together with the peru balsam which has a light cinnamon feel to it. The gardenia is very pretty and realistic and it's real gardenia essential oil. It's not the usual white flower scent you might expect though, but more a balsamic scent. Longevity is about 3 hours on me, although very close to the skin I can still smell a trace after 7 hours.

I often need time to understand the fragrances made by MCG and I also needed some time to understand this one. At first it seems very simple, but it's actually more minimalistic and very well crafted. I enjoy it's vibe very much.

I think this will be very pretty in the Summer.