Leucò by Maria Candida Gentile

Leucò is a popular perfume by Maria Candida Gentile for women and men and was released in 2014. The scent is floral-spicy. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesCistus, Honey
Heart Notes Heart NotesLily, Tuberose absolute
Base Notes Base NotesBenzoin, Pepper, Beeswax

Submitted by Ronin, last update on 10.12.2019.

8.0 7.0 7.0 9.5/10

Sunny Incense
This perfume is part of the Flight of the Bumblebee line of MCG, which incorporates a beeswax note in each perfume of this series.

Leucò opens with a blast of cistus warmed with the spiciness of black pepper.
Then it smells like soft incense throughout its duration. It's never overpowering. Perhaps the flowery notes used help mitigate the trance state inducing ,cloying potential incense notes can have.
However, I cannot detect any lily in this perfume. What a pity, it's my favourite flower after all!
None of that deep, floral sweetness a freshly opened bloom has. (on my skin, at least. On paper it gives me a different impression.) A faint sweetness comes up as it loses projection but it's not a super sticky honey.
I would describe this perfume as dry and warm for most of its duration.

After all it's not bad. It's a light and bright incense, it's quiet, delicate and well behaved. It reminds me of a sunny day in autumn.

Sometimes, it has something that reminds me of the mediterranean sea, the faintest hint of salt.
Maybe it is because the name of the perfume makes me think of Leucothea, the lesser-known, white greek goddess of the sea.
7.5/10

a summer fragrance
Leuco is definitely a summer fragrance. At least that's what I believe it to be..... I only have tried it in the fall and I like it, but there is a freshness I there that I feel belongs more to the summer. And although MCG used honey, there is not much sweetness present. I will save my sample and try it again in the summer next year.

Also it's more a lily fragrance, the tuberose is more subdued present. Leuco is also more transparent. It's pretty, but the verdict is still out if it's full bottle worthy (to me). Will be continued......

by Rotkehlchen
by Rotkehlchen
by Mörderbiene
by Mörderbiene

Popular Maria Candida Gentile

Exultat by Maria Candida Gentile Sideris by Maria Candida Gentile Barry Lyndon by Maria Candida Gentile Noir Tropical by Maria Candida Gentile Hanbury by Maria Candida Gentile Cinabre by Maria Candida Gentile Gershwin by Maria Candida Gentile Finisterre by Maria Candida Gentile Burlesque by Maria Candida Gentile Luberon by Maria Candida Gentile Lankaran Forest by Maria Candida Gentile Rrose Sélavy by Maria Candida Gentile Gentile by Maria Candida Gentile Syconium by Maria Candida Gentile Lady Day by Maria Candida Gentile Kitrea by Maria Candida Gentile Elephant & Roses by Maria Candida Gentile Anime Sante by Maria Candida Gentile