Luberon by Maria Candida Gentile

Luberon is a popular perfume by Maria Candida Gentile for women and men and was released in 2012. The scent is floral-spicy. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesLavender
Heart Notes Heart NotesMay rose
Base Notes Base NotesOakmoss

Submitted by Ambra, last update on 16.10.2019

7.0 9.0 8.0 9.0/10

Pour la vie!
It is the end of June in Provence and the lavender harvest is in full swing.
I wake up in the morning in the bright light and first have to find my way around. I'm here again: In Provence, the land of light. We are in our apartment on the outskirts of Roussillon. Far away from the noise of the city and the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Yesterday we arrived and I feel like I've been here forever. I get up quietly and walk into the yard. The stones are warm and the crickets are chirping.

The warm morning sun carries the scent of the flowering lavender from the field next door over to us. Strong, spicy and herbaceous. I inhale deeply, inhaling the spicy lavender scent that blends with the scent of pine and cedar. The fragrance is indescribably fresh and spicy with Bachmint, oakmoss and warm wood. My gaze wanders into the distance and I see the mountain ranges of the Luberon with its strong green. The forest floor smells warm and woody, the crickets chirp and the sun announces a hot day. It's Sunday and we're off. Maybe we'll go to Isle sur la Sorge at the Sunday market. We could have lunch at the restaurant by the river. We'll see. A wonderful day begins. On the radio Patrick Bruel sings "pour la vie" and out of the house it smells like a fresh cafe..

That's exactly the mood Luberon captures: The scent is relaxed, spicy, lavendery with green, minty and mossy notes that later merge into warm cedar wood. A wonderful original scent that immediately picks me up and captures-wonderful!

Conclusion: Very beautifully done and in any case not only interesting for Provence lovers. The only drawback and therefore point deduction is the unfortunately unreasonably high price. The bottle could also be more valuable for this price. But otherwise a completely successful and very individual fragrance.

The bottling that reached me last week on a dull October day conjured up direct sunbeams into this dull day. Only a few drops on the back of my hand were enough to let a warm fragrance cloud rise into my nose and beam me directly into Provence.
I would like to thank Leonor for making this wonderful bottling available to me.
7.5 10.0 9.0/10

Heaven in a bottle
Although Luberon is a fougere I find Luberon surprisingly unisex. Luberon can easily been worn by women as well as men.

The first time I wore Luberon the mint note was so overwhelming that I nearly dismissed this scent. After a few weeks I gave it another try. I didn't expect to like it very much, but then again I had a sample and might as well use it. So I did... and I'm really really happy I did.......The first blast is lavender which very quickly fades and makes room for mint. This stage lasts (variably) for 1 to 2 hours on me, but after the mint phase I smell the most gorgeous scent I have ever smelled. It is so good that I even don't mind the mint phase. I even start to enjoy the mint stage as kind of a wake up call early in the morning. But as said after the mint stage I smell a lovely soft scent in which the lavender returns and is very well mixed together with rose, oakmoss, cedar and mint. It's heavenly and it lasts for more than 8 hours, I keep getting whiffs of it and I'm in love........

I cannot rave enough about the craftsmanship of Maria Candida Gentile. In my opinion she is one of the best perfumer around nowadays and I'm always looking forward to her new releases as I know they are going to be unusual and pretty. Just like Luberon, which is a true masterpiece imho.

by Merlina