Luscious Pink 2008 Eau de Parfum

Luscious Pink (Eau de Parfum) by Mariah Carey
Bottle Design Jean Antretter
Luscious Pink (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Mariah Carey for women and was released in 2008. The scent is floral-sweet. It was last marketed by Elizabeth Arden. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesBelliniBellini
TiaréTiaré
Base Notes Base NotesBlond woodsBlond woods
MuskMusk
SandalwoodSandalwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 07.05.2018.

Luscious Pink
I blind bought this - big mistake! The musk note is what mostly stands out on my skin and I don't like it. It also gave me a headache. There are some notes mingling with the musk that don't smell too bad though but all in all, a cheap smelling, synthetic fragrance.

Pretty Much All Over the Map
I'd say that the opening of Mariah Carey LUSCIOUS PINK seems similar to the intersection of Guerlain L'INSTANT, YSL CINEMA, and Kenzo FLOWER. This can be understood as a compliment to the house of Mariah Carey or a depressing observation on the state of three once quite decent houses--comme tu veux...

After the brief opening, however, LUSCIOUS PINK really delivers on its celebrity scent name: peony and other indistinct florals mingle with equally indistinct fruits. It's easy to see why so many reviewers find so many other perfumes in LUSCIOUS PINK: because parts of all of them are there!

Although I do think that this composition is better than the Lollipop Bling series, let's face it: that's pretty faint praise. I won't be adding any of the house of Mariah Carey to my collection anytime soon. I don't have anything in particular against LUSCIOUS PINK, it's just that there's not much in its favor.

Not so lusciously pink
Luscious Pink confuses me greatly. One second it will be fruity and sour, the next second it will be soapy and clean.

It's hard to dislike this fragrance, however because it is so safe and unoriginal, it doesn't appeal to me in the least.

Luscious Pink is gentle and soft, which for some people is admirable, yet in my opinion this fragrance needs that extra boost, that little something that gives life to this seemingly dull scent.

I much prefered Mariah's previous fragrance M, which surprised me with its unique and daring combination of notes. I have no idea why her company decided to follow-up with this fragrance which simply bores me to tears.

I can't actually pin-point any particular notes in this fragrance, however I wouldn't refer to this scent as being a jumbled mess. Luscious Pink has a somewhat lotion type smell, and on that observation I would say that Live Platinum by Jennifer Lopez is slightly similar.

I very much doubt that anyone would ever say a rude comment about anyone wearing this fragrance, however I don't see how it would gather any compliments. Even more disappointing than the scent itself, the lasting power isn't all that great either.
2.5

Luscious but No Staying Power
The biggest issue I have with this fragrance is that to my nose it smells incredibly beautiful. Very soft, creamy and feminine but the staying power is beyond ridiculous. I don't say this to be dramatic, but I say it to be truthful- after spraying this on to my skin, it disappeared in 10 minutes, leaving little to no trace of its wonderful scent.

Of all the scents that Mariah Carey has attached her name too, Luscious Pink would be the one I'd say smelt the best. It has an incredible creamy component to it that is simply divine. The Bellini, Tiare and Blonde Woods do wonders for this fragrance with a very subtle hint of Sea Water which makes this perfect for the warmer days spent at the beach.

Luscious Pink however seems to possess a coldness for me. Its fluid composition and its never changing scent makes me long for days where the snow hits the ground and everyone wears their best trench coats and gloves. Whilst the hints of summer are radiant in this fragrance, it would be perfection in the colder months.

If the staying power were better, I would have bought this fragrance again, but now that its alot more cheaper than before, I may just pick up another bottle the next time i'm at Saks.

Bcars10Bcars10 4 years ago
Rather dainty, and it reminds me of that pink liquid penicillin for kids! But otherwise, not bad.

by Ninina
by Ninina
by Liebmausdana
by Liebmausdana

Popular Mariah Carey

M (Eau de Parfum) by Mariah Carey Forever by Mariah Carey Lollipop Bling - Ribbon by Mariah Carey Lollipop Splash The Remix - Inseparable by Mariah Carey Lollipop Bling - Honey by Mariah Carey Lollipop Bling - Mine Again by Mariah Carey Lollipop Splash The Remix - Vision Of Love by Mariah Carey Dreams (Eau de Parfum) by Mariah Carey Lollipop Bling - That Chick by Mariah Carey Lollipop Splash The Remix - Never Forget You by Mariah Carey Ultra Pink (Eau de Parfum) by Mariah Carey Luscious Pink (Eau de Cologne) by Mariah Carey Dreams (Solid Perfume) by Mariah Carey Ultra Pink (Fragrance Mist) by Mariah Carey M Gold Deluxe Edition (Parfum) by Mariah Carey Luscious Pink Deluxe Edition (Parfum) by Mariah Carey