Mark Cross 1978 Eau de Cologne

Mark Cross (Eau de Cologne) by Mark Cross
Mark Cross (Eau de Cologne) is a popular perfume by Mark Cross for men and was released in 1978. The scent is spicy-woody. The longevity is above-average. It was last marketed by Helena Rubinstein.

AmberAmber WoodsWoods TobaccoTobacco

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 03.03.2022.

What happened?
At that time, really quite at that time, I think it must have been 30 to 40 years ago, my colleague at that time wore this scent. I found it soooooo great, this scent. The colleagues too.) It was a scent to run after. A strong, strikingly masculine scent. One that immediately caught my attention. Somehow a fragrance with which one associated only positive things. A Happiness-Mach-Scent. All the girls loved it then. It was usually the sporty, smart, confident type of woman who wore it.
I got a miniature as a present by chance and I hardly trust my nose...... This scent, which flashed me like this back then, somehow only smells like alcohol and (sorry) old-fashioned scent. What happened? Is it because of my nose, my sense of smell, that maybe has changed, or has this wonderful scent been changed?
I am totally disappointed:(
My evaluation is of course the fragrance of the past and not this adulterated water of today.
Morpheus1
Amber and tobacco Powerhouse classics with lots of charm
First of all: The fragrance is really very special, especially good with a lot of character and charm.

Through a very nice Mark Cross fragrance lover I got a 10ml miniature bottle of this classic
I have to admit I love amber scents.

What is Mark Cross like now:
I smell a golden, honeyed, deep amber right from the start. This is accompanied by citric, ethereal, bitter-sweet and spicy notes. All this is finely interwoven with the main ingredient tobacco.
Yeah, he's also slightly metallic in the background.
This metallic sweet woody tone is unique.

Everything is well coordinated and does not remind of any old men's scent that is already 40 years old.

The scent is very rare and is traded accordingly expensive.

An absolute recommendation in the classic powerhouse sector.
Good goes, bad comes!
Marc Cross was a kind of "insider tip" in the 80s and for me one of the best fragrances on the market.
The fragrance is somehow a mixture of Marc Jakobs Bang and light parts of Karl Lagerfeld Classic. I still can't understand Rubinstein's decision to stop producing it. Especially in the last few years, almost only inferior quick shots as men's fragrances come onto the market and the "good ones" fly out. Last bang by Marc Jakobs. "Being an "insider tip" is probably not enough for a good turnover

Mark cross eau de Cologne
Mark cross eau de Cologne,
Notes de tête :bergamote, citron,lavande, estragon, romarin
Notes de coeur:jasmin, patchouli, cèdre, vétiver, géranium
Notes de fond:cuir ,Moss,ambre, vanille,tonka
Tout ces ingrédients en font un parfum terriblement chaleureux,et réconfortant

Vintage Mini, Alter: 30+ ... ich halte dich in Ehren
by MrNiceGuy
by Chanelle
by Chanelle

Popular by Mark Cross

Mark Cross (Eau de Toilette) by Mark Cross Mark Cross (After Shave) by Mark Cross Cross Country by Mark Cross Embrace (Eau de Toilette) by Mark Cross Embrace (Perfume) by Mark Cross