Poudrextase 2019

Poudrextase by Marlou
Poudrextase is a popular perfume by Marlou for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is animal-powdery. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Rice powderRice powder
RoseRose
Animalic notesAnimalic notes

Submitted by Uwki, last update on 02.12.2021.

Fragile
I'm in a powder phase again, sigh. This does not go with the color pink though, I mainly wear black this aside. Bal de' versaille is my go to fragrance so I'm used to skanky and powder and thought I'd try the sample set of this one.

This powder version is a delicate rose that has had its glory but comes around again and again. Dried fragile and brittle. For my nose slightly animal then I really have to press my nose on my wrist or the piece of clothing.

It is so delicate that it is an almost lonely solo scent. I wouldn't want to share it. Not because of the animality but because it is so fragile. Very beautiful, very precious but try it first if you are not familiar with dirty and or animal tones. Really pretty.

Sticky rosy powder
This whole Marlou line of Ambilux-Carnicure-Poudrextase is a bit of a freak show. Fascinating and gross at the same time. Out of the three, Poudrextase is the least 'animale' to my nose. Nevertheless an odd case. The opening is a repulsively sweet stinky breath. It dries down to a more harmless floral powder with a little funk.

Not as carnal, primal as the other two. Performance is decent, although a bit weaker than the other two. Wearable? I guess so. I'm pretty sure I won't wear it again after today, though.

Rose-Animalic Chord
Who does not know it, you wake up in the morning and think to yourself: In Corona times, something new is tried again. So at Marlou cheaply ordered the three fragrances. The most wearable for me is Poudrextase. It is a very light powdery, slightly animalic rose. I have smelled this same accord before. Namely, in 1 Million - Absolutely Gold (I don't consciously remember smelling the original 1 Million before). In reviews of 1 Million - Absolutely Gold, there were opinions that the scent was a bit too feminine floral or reeked of urine. The scent doesn't qualify as animalic (it does at Fragrantica, though), which is probably because either no one trusts a Rabanne mainstay to be animalic or the niches here just missed the scent. Or you just expect that a niche house then just MUST be extremely animalic, is there in the program.
I find both fragrances, Poudrextase and 1 Million - Absolutely Gold similar animalic and floral, whereby Poudrextase is still a little more animalic and floral. However, the embellishment and embedding of 1 Million - Absolutely Gold is also missing, which makes Poudrextase a bit naked and exposed and also a bit more feminine.
Nevertheless, I like him!

Powdery and animalic
I have tried three perfumes by this House: csrnicure, ambilux and poudrextase. The three are very animalic, with a very noticeable musk and something like civet or castoreum very very intense. The BEST of them is this poudrextase because the opening is nicer with the powdery notes and the dried flowers, although the dry down is always similar... All the three smell for me like dry saliva...i wouldnt buy It but id weareable and the performance good...

Scent: 6
Global: 6.5
4.5
Yeah, I'm a pussy
with reference to Mr Jensemann's statement replies :D

I distributed about two drops of the sample on my forearm....luckily not anymore ;-)
Right at the beginning there is a rather dense, animal note. I already find this very difficult to get used to. The fragrance becomes increasingly resinous-sweeter and conveys a feeling of fragrance curtain - no veil, rather dark velvet curtains. At the same time there is also a powdery impression.
Rose I can't see with the best will in the world, rice powder - hm, yes, yes, if that means this dusty-powdery note.

Applied about three hours ago, the fragrance has remained the same, but much thinner and quieter. As if diffuse light from outside would penetrate through the moth-eaten holes in the curtain

The animal scent reminds me very much of "[email protected]". But this one lacks the ´Pudersüße´ available here. So NO twin, more of a distant relative. But both are real "stinkers" :D

I don't like that about me and I don't like that about a fellow human being in a closer environment, I'd rather not.
And yes, Jensemann, you're right :P

BoBoChampBoBoChamp 1 year ago
A fresh and clean powdery-floral Mid season fragrance, balanced by a soft animalic base. Rather classic. Very Unisex!
EmorandeiraEmorandeira 2 years ago
Very animalic perfume but more weareable than carnicure and ambilux. powdery notes and dry flowers are noticeable giving an original vibe.

Popular Marlou