Akowa by M. Micallef
Akowa is a perfume by M. Micallef for men and was released in 2015. The scent is spicy-woody. The longevity is above-average. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot Orange blossomOrange blossom
Heart Notes Heart NotesCocoaCocoa Fig leafFig leaf
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouliPatchouli AmberAmber MuskMusk VanillaVanilla VetiverVetiver

Submitted by Michael, last update on 22.05.2022.

A masterpiece
I don't leave a lot of review on perfumes in general, but for me this one should be much better rated than what I see. This is without a doubt the fruit of a great olfactory master. It is a heterogeneous perfume, which deserves a place of choice in all collections that respects itself.

A long longevity a perfect sillage and a certain olfactory detour. It begins in force with a nice touch of citrus, orange well felt and expands quietly on something more earthy that is sweet. I semelle the vetiver and a very soft touch of cocoa that gently turns to warm caramel. A very nice touch of greenery, but not too present, but more like freshly cut grass coming through your window on a summer day. I smell a touch of certainly cook and musk.

This scent is like nothing I have ever smelled before. It is special and also makes me feel that way when I wear it. I deeply love this scent because it is masculine and mysterious. Perfect for winter and fall, but forget about summer with it. I recommend putting it on an hour before going out, as I find the middle notes to be the most appealing and remarkable.

This is not the kind of purchase to make without testing it, but if you are lucky enough to find it jump at the chance.

for me it's an 9/10
Who are you?
There are fragrances that thrilled me right away. There are fragrances that bored me or repelled me, right from the start. And there are some fragrances that I had to work out. No easy getting to know, no first positive or negative impression that solidifies. Just irritation, testing again and again, until my opinion of the fragrance was fixed.

Such a fragrance is "Akowa". With no fragrance so far journey has taken so long. It took several fillings. Tasting again and again, on the wrist, in everyday life, with the help of strangers and known noses. I think now my opinion is solidified, despite remaining tiny little question marks. 100% tangible "Akowa" is not yet, but I know now, I like him very much, he may move in. Soon.

Especially the patchouli has made me curious about "Akowa". Based on the fragrance components rather dry, unsweet, so my hope. But it always comes differently. Patchouli enters the stage late. Before that, a panopticon of impressions unfolds. At the beginning, very briefly, citrusy, tangy notes. Shortly after, it becomes green, but with a tart dry orientation. At the same time earthy, smoky. Floral elements resonate. The tart, dry, smoky green gradually takes on a very interesting freshness. The impression, however, is not that of a typical bright, cheerful freshness, as is so often found. "Akowa" seems serious, distant, aloof with the toned down, "dark" freshness. Going by the fragrance components, I smell fig leaf, vetiver, musk, quite. And finally my favorite patchouli joins in, discreetly, in the background, not loud and boisterous. It frames the composition. But breaking it down into individual parts doesn't do "Akowa" justice. There is more, not tangible, not definable, merely resonating with the present notes. All this forms the overall impression of this fascinating, irritating fragrance. Irritating in the best sense, demanding and making curious.

It is rarely difficult for me to pour my impressions into linguistic forms. This fragrance is an olfactory experience the likes of which I have rarely had.
Akowa, who are you?
Journey to Africa
I'm not paying attention for a moment and the bite with the vetiver poison tooth is already there. Patch shoots into the bloodstream, plastic tingles on the tongue. Lying on the ground, I stare into an orange blossom sky. The pepper in the eye blurs. Cocoa also eats rubber tissue. Can someone put out that fire on my skin? The spot is black and woody. Cramps start, I can't breathe. Gentle vanilla paralysis. When I open my eyes, the orange leaves sway in the wind.

Suddenly, all tidied up in Kouros-Aftermath. Sterile azure. Much, much less ordinary flower splendour, rather a small fig tree in front of the genital. The bite is gone. Breathing also works again, despite ozone impregnated air. The walls are smooth and soft like rubber, emitting poisonous green citrus haze into the atmosphere.

A huge tree in the middle of the cave. A bowl of cocoa powder. I cut a lime from a tree with a jackknife.

I'll cut them into individual pieces.

Now turn all the parts in the cocoa powder. I'll take a little bite. It's really very, very sour, a little chemical, cleansing. Does not necessarily receive you with open arms.

The cocoa is nice, even becomes superficial over the decades.

Otherwise, an undefined green cast dominates, rubbery-green woody. Pure nature.

Behind the big tree I discover a door at the back of the wall. I recognize a colorfully dressed African woman sitting at a table next to the door.

Is this the way out?

50 cents. It points to a small plate with different coins in it.

I have no money with me, madam.

50 cent.

Look, I just booked a package holiday, I gotta get out of here now. They're waiting for me. Please, make an exception.

50 cent.

When I turn around and think about sweeping her plate off the table and stealing my way through the door, I see a large number of Rhineland carnival movers marching towards me from behind. I can't think of anything else but loud: Helau! and to perish in the turmoil of pretransitory masses.

Then wake up.

Mister, mister! How do you feel? The vague notion of reanimation creeps up on me.

Where am I? Where am I?

You almost fell victim to a black mamba.

Oh, dear. And the African woman?

She gave you her special medicine: fig leaf, limes and healing cocoa powder.

Thank you.

You're welcome.

A beautiful country, Africa, I stammer.

#verschleiß
by LadyLuxifer

Popular by M. Micallef

DesirToxic by M. Micallef Royal Vintage by M. Micallef Ylang in Gold (Eau de Parfum) by M. Micallef Note Vanillée by M. Micallef Mon Parfum Cristal by M. Micallef Ananda (Eau de Parfum) by M. Micallef Gaïac by M. Micallef Watch by M. Micallef Shanaan by M. Micallef Patchouli by M. Micallef Ananda Nectar by M. Micallef Ylang in Gold Nectar by M. Micallef Pure Extrême (Eau de Parfum) by M. Micallef Mon Parfum by M. Micallef Royal Muska (Eau de Parfum) by M. Micallef Gardenia / N°41 by M. Micallef Mon Parfum Pearl by M. Micallef Jewel for Him by M. Micallef Mon Parfum Gold by M. Micallef Aoud by M. Micallef