Aoud Gourmet 2008

Aoud Gourmet by M. Micallef
Bottle Design Martine Micallef
Aoud Gourmet is a perfume by M. Micallef for women and men and was released in 2008. The scent is spicy-woody. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesHoneyHoney
MarzipanMarzipan
Heart Notes Heart NotesCloveClove
PatchouliPatchouli
CedarwoodCedarwood
Base Notes Base NotesAmberAmber
MuskMusk
SandalwoodSandalwood

Submitted by DeGe53, last update on 18.04.2021.

Minigolf
For noses that like it finely spicy
Such a small mini-tube, as perfumeries sometimes fill it for testing at home, fell into my hands yesterday when arranging my scent samples. A note was attached to it: "M. Micaleff, Oud Gourmet". And then I tested the scent on a whim. Normally I don't like sweet gourmand scents too much, especially when they smell "edible" or remind of chocolate kisses with lots of cream, pralines or other sweets .
But fortunately I was completely mistaken about my first prejudice. This Aoud Gourmet has nothing to do with any of the sweet stuff I suspected.
The first thing I notice is a gaaaery "mixed" cloves note with honey, which already has woody parts in its base. Behind a fine patchouli veil that gently covers everything, a wonderfully warm sandalwood-amber mixture emerges, slightly powdery. Some black pepper gently joins the woods and the clove.
And this fine honey note in the background makes the otherwise somewhat "pointed" spices very round and gives them a lot of depth.
And it is precisely this deep, fine spice that fascinates me so much about this fragrance.
I think EVERY scent comes out differently on EVERY skin. On the one hand the "edible" may come out, on the other the woody and on the other hand others... there are sooo many possibilities.
For me, the fine-woody honey spice is the dominant.....

sweet musky oud
I find Micallef's creations similar to those of Parfumerie Generale, in the sense that they are generally pleasing and come with a dose of sweetness, with a few exceptions. Which make them easy to wear, difficult to displease or be negative about, but also I find it difficult to warrant the price tag when it's just not special enough. A friend gave me a personalized perfume from Cyprus that contains a sweet light musk and oud. Aoud Gourmet is basically that, in pleasant proportions- sweetness, musk and oud. I do like Aoud Gourmet, it lasts long enough (about 8 hours), it's not a mega loud scent nor is it a skin scent, would do well in company. However I find it a struggle to part with the required funds for it no matter how beautiful the scent and bottle are. It's just not special enough and for 2014, I've vowed to only add bottles that have that extra special touch.

by EauMySoul
by EauMySoul
by Jasmine87
by Jasmine87
Yummy:) glasiertes Obst, Marzipan und süßer Tabak :D....ach ja und ein wenig Oud;)
by Lilienfeld
by Sonnenblume
by Sonnenblume
by Lav
by Lav

Popular M. Micallef

Royal Vintage by M. Micallef DesirToxic by M. Micallef Ylang in Gold (Eau de Parfum) by M. Micallef Note Vanillée by M. Micallef Mon Parfum Cristal by M. Micallef Watch Collection - Time for Love by M. Micallef Gaïac by M. Micallef Ananda (Eau de Parfum) by M. Micallef Patchouli by M. Micallef Shanaan by M. Micallef Mon Parfum by M. Micallef Pure Extrême (Eau de Parfum) by M. Micallef Royal Muska (Eau de Parfum) by M. Micallef Gardenia / N°41 by M. Micallef Mon Parfum Pearl by M. Micallef Ylang in Gold Nectar by M. Micallef Jewel for Him by M. Micallef Aoud by M. Micallef Avant-Garde / Avant Garde by M. Micallef Vanille Vanille by M. Micallef