Gaïac by M. Micallef
Bottle Design Martine Micallef

Gaïac is a popular perfume by M. Micallef for women and men and was released in 2005. The scent is woody-sweet. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot
Heart Notes Heart NotesClove, Jasmine
Base Notes Base NotesGaiac wood, Vanilla, Vetiver

Submitted by DeGe53, last update on 08.11.2019.

10.0 8.0 8.0 10.0/10

Best interpretation of Guaiac
Gaïac composed by Jean-Claude Alister for the house of M. Micallef. This is one of the first fragrances that introduced me to the niche market. It was around 2008 when I first smelled it and it was so different and sexy I had to purchase two bottles. I had never smelled anything like It. The woody, vanillic and amber tones just took over. It’s kind of like that age old question “so when did you fall in love with…...?“ For me this was it!!
2.5 5.0 8.0/10

Zakaria80
Hey.. what's that next to Mega Big Babol?
Ever wondered what a woody bubble gum would taste like? Well that's it. Very playful, inviting at the beginning with all the sweetness and care free.

To me warm cloves, gentle jasmine and tasty vanilla take the leading role in this wonderful composition and everything is glued together by a woody aura. Extremely inoffensive (as long as you like cloves) and quite unisex.

However don't expect people to hear you whenever you pop those bubbles you are making. It is a skin scent.

I like it.
9.0 7.0 6.0 8.0/10

Gaiac
Exquisite gaiac wood.
Soft, warmed by vanilla.
Subtle clove and bergamotte give it an excellent light touch.
This scent is luxurious, intruiging and calm.
I am impressed: love at first encounter.

Edit: sillage medium and longevity minimal
10.0 7.5 10.0 8.0/10

Temple of The Wood
Gaiac wood... Greenheart... Lignum vitae... "Wood of the life" because of the medications made from this tree... "Ironwood" because of the extremely strong timber... Abrasion, insects are nothing to him. Even so an endangered species. Grief would overflow me, if Gaiac would die out.

Gaïac is a sovereign in the world of woods. Dignity and charm can not be blended so well in other woods. The opening shows a proud and strong tree, ruling over the wilderness. At the beginning this nice scent is strong and powdery, later on rather sweet than woody. At the end (when a new donning is already decided) vetiver is much stronger than other notes, and makes the fragrance very fresh. Today I used fresh lemon peel for cooking, the base of Gaïac is almost the same, authentic citric fragrance. I would give 100% if I would get only the top and heart. So sulking but... I give 80% - and put Gaïac to my wishlist.
7.5 10.0 5.0/10

Wrigely should sue
I purchased a mini online from a seemingly reputable Micallef distributor, which arrived in a little white vinyl bag with Micallef printed on it in black. I assume it's authentic.

I was going to write another treatise on an expensive niche that doesn't deserve that distinction, but it's really very simple: my impression of Gaiac is that it is L de Lolita mixed with Wrigley's Juicy Fruit chewing gum (which I learned from the interweb, is a brand name recognizable to 99% of Americans). And I'm very surprised that other reviewers haven't pointed this out, the Juicy Fruit likeness is THAT strong.

I can't do a side-by-side sniff test because I swapped my bottle of L de Lolita ages ago, but I remember it very well. It had become annoyingly sugary sweet to me, and reminded me of Juicy Fruit gum, which now reminds me of Micallef Gaiac. Based on the listed notes, the brand and the price, I was expecting SO much more from Gaiac. What a pity.
7.5 2.5 2.5 8.0/10

Smooth Sweet Wood...
At first I thought that Gaiac was a tad too sweet for my taste, and while I liked it, felt I would rarely wear it. After subsequent wearings, I have come to really enjoy the scent and recommend it after all.

It starts off with a gaiac wood opening that is quite sweet... almost a mix of wood and honey. That might be the part of the scent that I like the least as the sweetness is just a bit too much for me... Then things calm down and the sweetness dissipates somewhat, allowing the gaiac wood to remain, mixing with clove. The dry-down is a very nice semi-sweet mix of jasmine, clove and vanilla, with just a hint still remaining of the gaiac to round it all out. An Excellent close to the skin scent, Gaiac earns a strong 4 star out of 5 rating. Another good one from Micallef.

by Liquidasset
by Hibou
by Bernstein
by Bernstein

Popular M. Micallef

Watch Collection - Time for Love by M. Micallef Royal Vintage by M. Micallef Gaïac by M. Micallef Ananda by M. Micallef Ylang in Gold by M. Micallef Mon Parfum by M. Micallef Royal Muska by M. Micallef Aoud by M. Micallef Avant-Garde / Avant Garde by M. Micallef Patchouli by M. Micallef Les 4 Saisons - Hiver by M. Micallef Emir by M. Micallef Shanaan by M. Micallef Night Aoud by M. Micallef Akowa by M. Micallef Mon Parfum Cristal by M. Micallef Gardenia / N°41 by M. Micallef Jewel for Him by M. Micallef Ananda - Black by M. Micallef Aoud Gourmet by M. Micallef