Mon Parfum (2009)

Mon Parfum by M. Micallef
Bottle Design: Martine Micallef

Mon Parfum is a popular perfume by M. Micallef for women and was released in 2009. The scent is sweet-fruity. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesOrange blossom, Tangerine
Heart Notes Heart NotesPassionfruit, Vanilla, Vetiver
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Patchouli, Toffee

Submitted by DeGe53, last update on 01.11.2019

7.0/10

Kxnaiades
caramel and patchouli in perfect symmetry
A perfect caramel and patchouli combination for me. Caramel plays tricks with my skin, like in TOF Alien, although the initial hit of burnt sugar is wonderful, alas it becomes totally synthetic/artificial on me. This was definitely, thankfully not the case with Mon Parfum. For me, I look at it as Pink Sugar Sensual all grown up. Missing the overkill pink and silliness of teenage hood/early twenties and evolving into an elegant, composed woman with a history of pink and silliness, who still enjoys her candy, albeit in more refined and subdued ways. The patchouli here definitely doesn't cry headshop, far from it. Once again there were probably headshop visits in her history but now the only musk and patchouli in her life come from perfume and other delicately fragranted offerings. Sillage is polite and won't cause the others in a crowded space to gag and pass out, but it definitely spells its presence well. Longevity is acceptable for me, more than five hours and still going strong. I am very grateful to finally test this beauty from a generous sample passed on from a wonder member here. I have managed to convince myself that despite the overwhelming sugared scents and patchouli scents I already own, this one is special and deserves a place in my home.
7.5 7.5 6.0/10

Like Nuits de Noho but with fewer flowers?
We've gotten to the point where it is no longer meaningful to refer directly all the way back to Thierry Mugler ANGEL for every single post-ANGEL sweet patchouli perfume. No, many of these perfumes, including MON PARFUM by Micallef, are much closer to some of the by now fairly well-known so-called knock-offs or clones of the Dark Angel. A couple of days back, I was pointing out that another perfume often compared to ANGEL was really much closer to Molinard NIRMALA. Today, over the course of the day I realized that MON PARFUM is closer to NUITS DE NOHO by Bond no 9 than it is to ANGEL. Why?

Both NUITS DE NOHO and MON PARFUM have edited out--or rather never included--the purple gooey over-the-top opening of ANGEL. They both smell much more natural and of much high-quality materials. But NUITS DE NOHO has much more white floral activity going on. MON PARFUM is closer to the slightly doughy caramelized patchouli drydown of ANGEL. So why do I think that MON PARFUM is closer to NUITS DE NOHO than to ANGEL? Because it is actually pleasant to wear!

I do have to wonder why this perfume was launched. I was expecting something really new and distinct coming under the title MON PARFUM. I understand (I think) the story, that this perfume was in fact created much earlier than 2009, but it could easily be lost in the post-ANGEL tsunami. To be honest, I'm a bit surprised at how favorable the reviews and ratings of this perfume have been, all things considered...

by 008Pauline
by 008Pauline
by Kissa72
by Kissa72
by Fabirss
by Fabirss

Popular M. Micallef

Watch Collection - Time for Love by M. Micallef Royal Vintage by M. Micallef Gaïac by M. Micallef Ananda by M. Micallef Ylang in Gold by M. Micallef Mon Parfum by M. Micallef Royal Muska by M. Micallef Aoud by M. Micallef Avant-Garde / Avant Garde by M. Micallef Patchouli by M. Micallef Les 4 Saisons - Hiver by M. Micallef Emir by M. Micallef Shanaan by M. Micallef Night Aoud by M. Micallef Akowa by M. Micallef Mon Parfum Cristal by M. Micallef Gardenia / N°41 by M. Micallef Ananda - Black by M. Micallef Jewel for Him by M. Micallef Aoud Gourmet by M. Micallef