Patchouli

Patchouli by M. Micallef
Bottle Design Martine Micallef

Patchouli is a popular perfume by M. Micallef for women and men. The release year is unknown. The scent is earthy-oriental. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesViolet leaf
Heart Notes Heart NotesPatchouli
Base Notes Base NotesLeather, Tolu balm, Benzoin, Cistus, Vanilla

Submitted by Lav, last update on 31.03.2020.

5.0 7.0 8.0 7.0/10

Blind test / Video: Elegance without patchouli
We, the User Bookie and M3000, have blindly tested "Patchouli" by Micallef. In a blind test we are free of prejudices. Brand, previous comments and statements, the official grade pyramid... - it all doesn't matter. We describe our impressions by following our nose and can only cling to our personal taste and experience. We are neither chemists nor perfumers, but just normal perfume freaks.

Spray on and let's go! With the top notes we enter and describe our impressions. You may watch us live while smelling, wondering, guessing and asserting. Later, about three hours after the application, we tell you what we have perceived in the meantime, before we finally experience the prepared dissolution ourselves. Some contexts, such as the leathery note or the resins, are revealed in the post-evaluation, others do not coincide. For example, we did not come across Patchouli as a note contained in the name. Never mind! Subjectivity counts!

Many thanks to the user Ichbins, who provided us with this blind sample!
[Recording: 11/2018]

10.0 7.5 5.0 8.0/10

Dry honey
This is the workroom of the beloved grandfather. You sit down in an edge and just watch him working. Kindness is the strongest point of PATCHOULI.

Soothing, auburn evening scent – it feels sweeter than other patchouli perfumes, there is a surprisingly dry honey-like note, that rules the whole tone. Maybe leather, maybe other base notes wrap the skin in this calm mood.
I would not say, that I detected violet leaf or patchouli note itself, I would not even categorize PATCHOULI as earthy type. This perfume radiates kindness, it is a real everything-is-all-right fragrance for me.

- Gender: both
(means: I would be glad, if I could snitt if on a gentleman, and would be envy, if I would detect it on a woman)
- Sillage: good
(means: I do not care, I will always sniff my skind and search for the shreds in the air)
- Longevity: average
(means: I am longing for more and more and more)

Groovy
Well goodness gracious I have been looking for the right amount of sweet with the right amount of patchouli in a fragrance for sometime now. This is perfect for me-I couldn't be more happy with it. I walked into my youngest daughter room (she is 22) with her dead head friends and they were like "WOW whatever you are wearing is so bitchin" youngsters I was waiting for "groovy" lol oh well if some twenty something's like and this fifty something likes it, it can't be half bad!!
7.5 10.0 7.5 7.0/10

Drseid
A Patchouli Scent For Folks That Dislike Patchouli As The Primary Note...
I generally dislike patchouli dominant scents, so I blind bought this one with a great fear it was not going to work for me. I should not have feared anything, as I like Patchouli from Micallef quite a lot. It is not a straight-up patchouli scent as the name might make one suspect. Instead the patchouli is accompanied by woody notes (cedar, I suspect) and earthy vetiver. They add some "dirtiness" to the patchouli to make it much more tolerable. Patchouli is only slight sweet (thankfully), and projects like crazy with above average longevity. Bottom line is Patchouli by Micallef succeeds in being a unisex patchouli scent that can be enjoyed even by those that do not care for the primary note as a general rule. This 3.5 stars out of 5 juice is very good stuff, and recommended.

by 008Pauline
by Marta
by Marta
by Lav
by Lav
der sanfte patchouli, wunderbar!

Popular M. Micallef

Royal Vintage by M. Micallef Ylang in Gold (Eau de Parfum) by M. Micallef Watch Collection - Time for Love by M. Micallef Note Vanillée by M. Micallef Gaïac by M. Micallef Mon Parfum by M. Micallef Mon Parfum Cristal by M. Micallef Shanaan by M. Micallef Royal Muska (Eau de Parfum) by M. Micallef Ananda by M. Micallef Gardenia / N°41 by M. Micallef Mon Parfum Pearl by M. Micallef Pure Extrême (Eau de Parfum) by M. Micallef Aoud by M. Micallef Mon Parfum Gold by M. Micallef Jewel for Him by M. Micallef Vanille Orient by M. Micallef DesirToxic by M. Micallef Emir by M. Micallef Avant-Garde / Avant Garde by M. Micallef