Ylang in Gold (2012)

Ylang in Gold by M. Micallef
Bottle Design Martine Micallef

Ylang in Gold is a popular perfume by M. Micallef for women and was released in 2012. The scent is floral-sweet. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesGeranium, Mandarin, Rosemary, Sage, Vermouth
Heart Notes Heart NotesMagnolia, Lily-of-the-valley, Mint, Rose, Sandalwood, Ylang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesCoconut, Moss, Musk, Vanilla

Submitted by Apicius, last update on 07.12.2019.

BelgwenBelgwen 6 years ago

„Doth mine nose deceive me or is that a smell-alike in that gold-laden fancy bottle? :)”

DolbyDolby 7 years ago

„All that glitters isn’t gold”

In the bottle, this perfume is an opaque sea of golden liquid. Unusual, and I have to admit to being slightly apprehensive before spraying because...
6.0 6.0 8.0 9.5/10

Kima
Kids don't like asparagus!

Most kids don't eat vegetables that much. And no asparagus at all! Also I was one of those kids.

Sometime on a hot summer day, I must have been about 15 years old, I was in an outdoor pool (at that time it was called Badeanstalt:-)). And suddenly I felt an unbridled appetite for asparagus...

I myself was so shocked by this change of heart that I haven't forgotten it until today (many many years later ;-)). I found myself in a phase of my life in which one considers it the most important to have an irrefutable own opinion about everything.

Whether it was at that time due to the hormonal change of the body, or perhaps to an unconscious association of the chlorine smell, who knows...

Well, at least I like, no actually I *love* since then asparagus, with ham, potatoes, sauce Hollandaise ... mmmm delicious!

What does all this have to do with "ylang in gold"? I felt almost exactly the same with the scent!

The first time I had him under my nose, I thought, "Pooh, much too sweet! I don't like it!" From time to time I sniffed at my little sample, but still found it unbearable.

Until one day for inexplicable reasons I was suddenly overcome by an irrepressible desire for exactly this fragrance. And since then he is one of my favorites and has a firm place in my collection.

I particularly enjoyed it this autumn when I splashed in the Atlantic on a really hot day in southern France and waved "Ylang in Gold" around my nose. For me the perfect summer-sun-beach-joy-of-life-scent-!

It radiates so bright and cheerful, so sweet and soft, tender and at the same time so strong, somehow transparent, but nevertheless complex. It's worth giving him a chance!
7.5 10.0 10.0 9.0/10

Belgwen
Ever since its release, I wanted so badly to try Ylang in Gold. I don’t know why it took me so long to test it; a reason for it might have been that I was afraid to want such an expensive perfume. Every time I fall in love with a perfume which sells for several hundred dollars a bottle, I curse fate for bringing me such loveliness that I cannot afford let alone justify buying it. Trying this on my skin, however, has been a positive and a negative experience, both aspects from which I will benefit. Negative aspect: I loved it at first sniff. This automatically puts it in the category of “Too Expensive”. Positive aspect: It's two fold... Firstly, it’s simply too gorgeous for words! Without looking at any of the notes, I get a fruity opening followed by a trace of Ylang Ylang. Secondly, about 30 minutes into the drydown, I get fruity, powdery Vanilla pudding with less-than-dominant Ylang Ylang with tremendous sillage and longevity. In short, I get an ever-so-slightly fruitier version of Hanae Mori (Parfum version.) If I was asked to blindly smell and identify this on my skin, I’d say “Hanae Mori Parfum” without hesitation. Are the ingredients more expensive/pure/rare/loftier/so much more uber-awesome than the mass marketed Hanae Mori? I’m sure of it. Does that make any difference as far as the end result? No. And that, folks, is the BEST news. I get to keep my beloved Hanae Mori and several hundred dollars in my pocket. For those of you who would like to buy this but cannot afford it, seek out a sample of this. If you like it, go purchase the pocket-friendlier Hanae Mori Parfum version (Pink Butterfly). It’s essentially the same thing.
10.0 2.5 5.0 3.0/10

Dolby
All that glitters isn’t gold
In the bottle, this perfume is an opaque sea of golden liquid.
Unusual, and I have to admit to being slightly apprehensive before spraying because I sure didn’t want to end up like a Glitter Diva for the next week of so (you know how hard these pesky particles are to get rid of) … anyway, my fear was unfounded because absolutely nothing remains on the skin.
Odd.
In any case, I have now learnt that those particles are very finely ground mother of pearl.
Not gold.
Nice touch, but rather pointless in the grand scheme of things.

Like most Ylang and vanilla fragrances, this one is sensual and sweet.
There is a strong touch of peach and, as Martine says, “Fruit of the Loom”.
This lends the composition a quirky gourmand edge, reminiscent of bubble gum or fruity shampoo.
It’s a shame because it cheapens an otherwise pricey perfume.
Overall it's ok. Just.
Nothing spectacular, and very linear.
I expected more from such lush-looking nectar.

JoaoMartins 9 months ago
A blast of ylang-ylang. Creamy and subtle. The vanilla is all across the board, making it a delicious scent.
10.0

by Nicolsche
by Schnuffi
by Schnuffi

Popular M. Micallef

Watch Collection - Time for Love by M. Micallef Royal Vintage by M. Micallef Gaïac by M. Micallef Ananda by M. Micallef Ylang in Gold by M. Micallef Mon Parfum by M. Micallef Royal Muska by M. Micallef Aoud by M. Micallef Avant-Garde / Avant Garde by M. Micallef Patchouli by M. Micallef Les 4 Saisons - Hiver by M. Micallef Emir by M. Micallef Shanaan by M. Micallef Night Aoud by M. Micallef Akowa by M. Micallef Mon Parfum Cristal by M. Micallef Gardenia / N°41 by M. Micallef Jewel for Him by M. Micallef Ananda - Black by M. Micallef Aoud Gourmet by M. Micallef