Ylang in Gold 2012 Eau de Parfum

Ylang in Gold (Eau de Parfum) by M. Micallef
Bottle Design Martine Micallef
Ylang in Gold (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by M. Micallef for women and was released in 2012. The scent is sweet-floral. It is still available to purchase.
Scent goes well with Armani Privé - Rouge Malachite

Top Notes Top NotesGeraniumGeranium
Mandarin orangeMandarin orange
RosemaryRosemary
SageSage
VermouthVermouth
Heart Notes Heart NotesMagnoliaMagnolia
Lily of the valleyLily of the valley
MintMint
RoseRose
SandalwoodSandalwood
Ylang-ylangYlang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesCoconutCoconut
MossMoss
MuskMusk
VanillaVanilla

Submitted by Apicius, last update on 20.10.2021.

Unfortunately not my case
I ordered this fragrance based on a Youtube video as a bottling and fortunately not immediately made a blind purchase.
The bottle is in my opinion one of the most beautiful but unfortunately then counts in the end but the content. I had through descriptions a certain image in my head, the words creamy, holiday feeling, ylang ylang stuck.
I sprayed him on and unfortunately he has for my sensation a pungent vanilla note, which smells to me honestly quite cheap ( like those cheap vanilla deodorants) and gives me a headache. To me this vanilla and coconut combo comes across a bit too madamy. Too bad but we will not be summer friends...
1.5
What a shame!
Pity Pity Pity

but it's your own fault!

I ordered YiG blind, actually my first blind purchase. So that's when you then arrived on Parfumo and went completely crazy. Fortunately, it was only a bottling, although in brave quantity, but only ne bottling. Whew!

I was totally triggered by the bottle, the gold particles in it. What a dream. The descriptions and Schwelgerein. Significantly also influenced by perfume videos on Youtube.

So since I like to take risks and also wanted to get to know the system here, how it works with the souk and so, ordered a filling and pleased me like mad.
The fragrance lead here neither the perfumery with the D, nor the esteemed Kurfürsten Perfumery which is located here.

So to the fragrance: the ylang jumps me so that it just hurts in my nose, plus coconut and vanilla. Whew. I should have known, because a lot of vanilla and coconut are both not so my favorites, and now both together in one bottle. Ächtz!

The scent fogs me in so much that I feel like I have such a visible cloud around me that everyone can see. I have the tendency to want to wash it off, just too much, too stuffy, too sweet, too much ylang ylang.

In the drydown, it is still quite nice, vanilla powdery pleasant, but is then snappily gone and it remains a very skin.

Too bad, the bottling will continue to wander as soon as I can souken here myself, because for me the is just too penetrating, almost a gas attack . I also can not think of an opportunity to wear him.

Too bad I would have this great Flanker gladly integrated into the collection. But no this Micaleff may continue to wander!

Scentlicious
Fragrance with many column!
The bottle is very very great, quite luxury it looks with the glitter inside. Presentation 100% but the fragrance does not speak of high quality art, quite amateur formulation. It's not a horrible/cornery/leaky scent though, you expect more when so many notes are on the description.

First you smell a mixed fruity note like the one in Chanel coco Mademoiselle Intense, and quite flat! Then comes only after 30-40 minutes half strong, creamy sandalwood with ylang ylang so 75%-25% I say, and that remains so for a few Studen, ebenes Gefühl no layers. Only the last part surprised me because I haven't experienced such a vanilla. After that comes a very good sticky vanilla like you have very rich vanilla ice cream smeared on your skin and it lasts through the night, very nice touch. Otherwise, there is no real flow to the scent. The notes are far away from each other and no synchronicity. The quality of the ingredients may be high but the formulation I find a gimmick! Maybe the same vanilla I find myself rediscovering in other better formulation of Micallef ?
MSwomannaire
Beautiful fragrance - at the same time migraine in the bottle
As you can see from my review, I find the scent absolutely gorgeous. Unfortunately, it causes me incredible headaches, nausea and dizziness. But now a little more precise:

Ylang in gold I have discovered through the love Reni of lenisscents on YouTube. D
She described it so pictorially and beautifully that I couldn't help but buy a bottling right away. I was so fascinated by the gold particles and the fragrance that I sprayed it on directly. First impression was incredibly positive, like a creamy taste explosion only much more versatile.

Fragrance description
I want to describe the fragrance at this segelte times completely unbiased, because it is really great:
The Kopfniten are not recognizable for me, however, one immediately notices the ylang ylang, coconut and the beautiful vanilla at the first spray, then slowly joins the sandalwood as well as the lily of the valley. The rest is more of an "aftertaste", where I can not smell out the individual notes.

Sillage and Prjektion are both good, as is the durability, because you smell the fragrance forever on yourself.

And here we come to my problem with the fragrance:
The mix of the longevity, the intensity, and I think the notes in the head make the scent a headache contender for me and unlike anything I've ever experienced.

In fact, the first spray of the bottling I did not think that the headache comes from the fragrance but simply from not drinking enough, then today in a perfumery I sniffed my way through all the fragrances and got stuck with the ylang in gold, because as I said before I like the scent incredibly well. Of course I thought it was good to use the 20% and take it directly with me, then I sprayed it on my arm to wear it on the way home. What happens? I get a severe migraine and realize that it's from the ylang in gold, because even though I like it, the "aftertaste" described above comes into my head as if I had a thick rain cloud of ylang in gold in front of my eyes. Have him then also returned directly and had to shower, after which the headache was almost gone.
Very very sad, now I am of course looking for similar fragrances especially one with ylang ylang, so feel free to leave me your recommendations.

You in the summer?
Totally hooked, I had to try you. Your bottle... Wow... Classy to the max! It's beautiful. With gold shimmer... My dear slider. There... A spray of... phew, vanilla with coconut. Sweet. Heavy. Extremely heavy. You want me to wear you in the summer? Phew... It's dangerous. I must confess that my most hated summer scent is Sun. This also unbearable heavy sweet vanilla which one reaches km far I find personally absolutely not-summer-suitable. Likewise Ylang. It already smells really exotic. But I need freshness, lightness, freshly showered feeling in summer. I am still too unubt to describe the exact scent processes. But the professional sniffers here have already done that. I'll keep Ylang and try another careful spritz in cold temperatures.
Ylang in vanilla paradise
Wow, now that's an interesting creation. "Ylang in Gold": OFFENSIVE! First of all, it must be said that this bottle and the "gold juice" contained in it really looks very beautiful and classy. Since not only the nose has something of it but also the eye.

But now to the fragrance:
What one immediately perceives is in my nose a green, absolutely tropical vanilla. Ylang-ylang is rather further back and comes for me not quite so much to the fore and that's good. It could have been a bit too much otherwise. Another prominent note is coconut, which smells very fresh, so more like a green coconut and not as "nutty" as you usually get. Very nice indeed! If I close my eyes, I'm on a tropical beach drinking fruity cocktails with alcohol (because you can smell it very strongly there too in a positive sense). The sun glitters on the surface of the sea. In the background, beautiful colorful tropical flowers dance in the wind. A gentle breeze carries a light vanilla sunscreen note to my nose. Ah yes, summer is so glorious and carefree.

All in all, it's an insanely interesting and pleasant summer scent. I am a big fan!
5.5
Unfortunately a flop ?
I was initially blown away by my new bottling that I could smell for days on my wrist! Just the great soft gold particles fascinated me totally! I decided to buy the fragrance in its original size... until I wore it today! It was a disaster, 2 sprays were enough to smother me with the overly intense vanilla note! I was really sick... I couldn't and don't want to have to smell this scent again. Out of my wish list ?
Tatjana0305
It's like the fairy tale of Goldmarie....
only modern and in your own bathroom. Just because of the bottle I want to have the perfume....but not only the bottle also the fragrance is extraordinary. The daily feeling of dousing oneself with gold, of enveloping oneself in this warm and comforting scent, even without having to surrender to the ministrations of Frau Holle. The perfume steals my senses. Incredibly feminine, soft and extraordinary. It accompanies you all day - the durability is incredibly good. The perfume opens so many individual fasts while wearing - after spraying on citrusy and slightly sparkling , it continues soft and gentle with ylang ylang and then you are wrapped in a soft cloud of vanilla . Over and over again simply a treat
Sunny Vibes
I smell it and I feel transported straight to a deck chair in the warm sun.
In a golden bikini I lie on the beach of Ibiza and sip my Pina Colada from the coconut. Pleasant lounge music is playing in the background, so you can still hear the sound of the sea through.
The sunscreen on my skin is slowly attracting, but you can still smell it.
On the table under my straw umbrella is a table with refreshing tangerines on it. The wind blows a hint of vanilla to me every now and then, where could that possibly come from...
I breathe in and the world is perfect for a brief moment and worries forgotten.
After a few hours I wake up from my daydream again and find myself at my desk in the office and I wish it had lasted longer, but you can't have everything.
All in all, a summer fragrance with elegance and a pretty good durability and sillage for such a fragrance. From the flacon I do not want to start to rave..simply a beautiful eye-catcher!
My first great love
Ylang in Gold was the first scent ever that I loved the first time I smelled it. Vanilla but not too sweet and perfect for summer. I've also worn it in the winter, but unfortunately it's almost a little too weak for that. But overall a perfectly round, delicious fragrance that you should have smelled!

JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 3 years ago
A blast of ylang-ylang. Creamy and subtle. The vanilla is all across the board, making it a delicious scent.

by PinkOrchid
by Schnuffi
by Veilchen75
by Veilchen75

Popular M. Micallef

Royal Vintage by M. Micallef DesirToxic by M. Micallef Note Vanillée by M. Micallef Mon Parfum Cristal by M. Micallef Watch Collection - Time for Love by M. Micallef Gaïac by M. Micallef Ananda (Eau de Parfum) by M. Micallef Patchouli by M. Micallef Shanaan by M. Micallef Mon Parfum by M. Micallef Pure Extrême (Eau de Parfum) by M. Micallef Royal Muska (Eau de Parfum) by M. Micallef Gardenia / N°41 by M. Micallef Mon Parfum Pearl by M. Micallef Ylang in Gold Nectar by M. Micallef Jewel for Him by M. Micallef Aoud by M. Micallef Avant-Garde / Avant Garde by M. Micallef Vanille Orient by M. Micallef Les 4 Saisons - Hiver by M. Micallef