Ylang in Gold 2012Eau de Parfum

Ylang in Gold (Eau de Parfum) by M. Micallef
Bottle Design Martine Micallef
Ylang in Gold (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by M. Micallef for women and was released in 2012. The scent is floral-sweet. It is still available to purchase.
Scent goes well with Armani Privé - Rouge Malachite

Top Notes Top NotesGeranium, Mandarin orange, Rosemary, Sage, Vermouth
Heart Notes Heart NotesMagnolia, Lily of the valley, Mint, Rose, Sandalwood, Ylang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesCoconut, Moss, Musk, Vanilla

Submitted by Apicius, last update on 12.04.2021.

5.5
Unfortunately a flop ?
I was initially blown away by my new bottling that I could smell for days on my wrist! Just the great soft gold particles fascinated me totally! I decided to buy the fragrance in its original size... until I wore it today! It was a disaster, 2 sprays were enough to smother me with the overly intense vanilla note! I was really sick... I couldn't and don't want to have to smell this scent again. Out of my wish list ?
Tatjana0305
It's like the fairy tale of Goldmarie....
only modern and in your own bathroom. Just because of the bottle I want to have the perfume....but not only the bottle also the fragrance is extraordinary. The daily feeling of dousing oneself with gold, of enveloping oneself in this warm and comforting scent, even without having to surrender to the ministrations of Frau Holle. The perfume steals my senses. Incredibly feminine, soft and extraordinary. It accompanies you all day - the durability is incredibly good. The perfume opens so many individual fasts while wearing - after spraying on citrusy and slightly sparkling , it continues soft and gentle with ylang ylang and then you are wrapped in a soft cloud of vanilla . Over and over again simply a treat
Sunny Vibes
I smell it and I feel transported straight to a deck chair in the warm sun.
In a golden bikini I lie on the beach of Ibiza and sip my Pina Colada from the coconut. Pleasant lounge music is playing in the background, so you can still hear the sound of the sea through.
The sunscreen on my skin is slowly attracting, but you can still smell it.
On the table under my straw umbrella is a table with refreshing tangerines on it. The wind blows a hint of vanilla to me every now and then, where could that possibly come from...
I breathe in and the world is perfect for a brief moment and worries forgotten.
After a few hours I wake up from my daydream again and find myself at my desk in the office and I wish it had lasted longer, but you can't have everything.
All in all, a summer fragrance with elegance and a pretty good durability and sillage for such a fragrance. From the flacon I do not want to start to rave..simply a beautiful eye-catcher!
My first great love
Ylang in Gold was the first scent ever that I loved the first time I smelled it. Vanilla but not too sweet and perfect for summer. I've also worn it in the winter, but unfortunately it's almost a little too weak for that. But overall a perfectly round, delicious fragrance that you should have smelled!
disappeared coconut in gold
The scent is floral, sweet and a slight vanilla note I could determine, but from coconut I smelled unfortunately nothing.
For me, the fragrance is not really something special.
Find him not bad but he has me also not convinced.
The only thing I like about this fragrance is the gold shimmer on the skin.
The gold particles were it also tempted me at all a sample of this fragrance to order.
Would the fragrance my case, he would have a nice side effect on the skin.
Visit to the zoo
... No, no I do not mean that the scent smells like animals ;-)
Quite the opposite!

This fragrance reminds me of a trip to the Leipzig Zoo in my childhood. There is a discovery station for children in the monkey house, where you can smell and guess different scents.... Jasmine, ylang ylang ... but also patchouli. The first time I smelled Ylang in Gold, it immediately put me there in the Leipzig Zoo. I don't smell any coconut (thankfully), but very clearly the ylang ylang with hints of tangerine and herbs. I remember the Tropical House, Gondwanaland and the Monkey House, where I first discovered Ylang Ylang as a child.
At the same time, this fragrance is noble, beautiful, yet in a down-to-earth way. Like spotting a tiger in the rainforest. Warm, graceful, ylang in gold by M. Micalleff.
Ylang in sausage
The fragrance was kindly sent to me by a nice perfumer! Thank you for it!

I can also understand the praising voices - it smells "noble" and I have respect for how here a comforting vanilla was integrated into a summer fragrance.
But there is something that turns me off from the fragrance.
Not only is the vanilla very sweet and after a while, after the ylang commits desertion very quickly, very flat.... it also smells like liverwurst!
That sounds crazy, yes :)
Help me out- am I being fooled by the mix of kitchen herbs in the top notes?

I can only tell that out of all the powdery and vanillic, there's always such a meaty note coming out. NOT the good kind of salty note. I smell, albeit vanishingly, savory gravy and that makes the overall composition difficult for me to enjoy.
I know you so well.
After reading so many beautiful things about ylang in gold, I would have to order a sample of ylang in gold. One is curious...

I find the top notes beautiful, interesting and very promising. Very short Rose then two very nice notes appear very quickly ...Tangerine and a soft Sage note ... interesting and different. I was so excited about the development...

Glad I spoke too soon... Very fast the heart notes spread, which I can't really separate and I immediately go into a time machine. I suddenly find myself in the early 90's... My then beloved perfume Casmir by Chopard is on my bathroom shelf. I almost bathed in the scent, as usual... I used Casmir almost every day for years. The scent is really nice, soft and a real cuddly scent. My problem is that I honestly can't smell that scent anymore... For me, from the heart notes of ylang in gold, a twin is 100% Casmir from Chopard...

The scent is really nice but for me it's quite old-fashioned, very well known and fragrant 25-30 years ago.
Little light
Yes, I understand the comment that says that the fragrance smells like a synthetic vanilla tree. When I smelled the spray of my specimen I could agree with that. Nevertheless I have often smelled it. I agree with people who don't know which expensive ball gown they should wear with this dress to do it justice.
The scent is more than an overpriced cashmere. This is Casmir in elegant, torn out of his comforting Winderpersonality. He is summer.
Impressions of a carefree, beautiful woman who shakes hands with a balanced smile at, say, charity events aristocrats.
Ylang-ylang in gold smells like an expensive body cream that I want to use to cream myself. It lacks a little depth, but certainly not height and fullness. A touch of mint, together with the Ylang Ylang on a bed of vanilla coconut lifts the fragrance into the air, where it shines down on me as a light steel. At the same time, the fragrance resonates with something trivial and insignificant. This is what makes it so beautiful for me. The golden shimmering wand of ylang in gold oils my nerves, free of all worries I sail through the sunlit air.
Granted, I also feel a little trapped in a Raffaelo commercial. But sometimes that's exactly what I want.
Sometimes that's what I want. Just smell smooth without corners and edges, just beautiful. The lack of depth helps me to switch off without feeling like a stranger.
Kima
Kids don't like asparagus!

Most kids don't eat vegetables that much. And no asparagus at all! Also I was one of those kids.

Sometime on a hot summer day, I must have been about 15 years old, I was in an outdoor pool (at that time it was called Badeanstalt:-)). And suddenly I felt an unbridled appetite for asparagus...

I myself was so shocked by this change of heart that I haven't forgotten it until today (many many years later ;-)). I found myself in a phase of my life in which one considers it the most important to have an irrefutable own opinion about everything.

Whether it was at that time due to the hormonal change of the body, or perhaps to an unconscious association of the chlorine smell, who knows...

Well, at least I like, no actually I *love* since then asparagus, with ham, potatoes, sauce Hollandaise ... mmmm delicious!

What does all this have to do with "ylang in gold"? I felt almost exactly the same with the scent!

The first time I had him under my nose, I thought, "Pooh, much too sweet! I don't like it!" From time to time I sniffed at my little sample, but still found it unbearable.

Until one day for inexplicable reasons I was suddenly overcome by an irrepressible desire for exactly this fragrance. And since then he is one of my favorites and has a firm place in my collection.

I particularly enjoyed it this autumn when I splashed in the Atlantic on a really hot day in southern France and waved "Ylang in Gold" around my nose. For me the perfect summer-sun-beach-joy-of-life-scent-!

It radiates so bright and cheerful, so sweet and soft, tender and at the same time so strong, somehow transparent, but nevertheless complex. It's worth giving him a chance!

JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 2 years ago
A blast of ylang-ylang. Creamy and subtle. The vanilla is all across the board, making it a delicious scent.

by Annfrost
by Schnuffi
by Veilchen75
by Veilchen75

Popular M. Micallef

Royal Vintage by M. Micallef DesirToxic by M. Micallef Note Vanillée by M. Micallef Mon Parfum Cristal by M. Micallef Watch Collection - Time for Love by M. Micallef Gaïac by M. Micallef Mon Parfum by M. Micallef Ananda (Eau de Parfum) by M. Micallef Shanaan by M. Micallef Patchouli by M. Micallef Royal Muska (Eau de Parfum) by M. Micallef Mon Parfum Pearl by M. Micallef Pure Extrême (Eau de Parfum) by M. Micallef Gardenia / N°41 by M. Micallef Jewel for Him by M. Micallef Avant-Garde / Avant Garde by M. Micallef Aoud by M. Micallef Vanille Orient by M. Micallef Mon Parfum Gold by M. Micallef Les 4 Saisons - Hiver by M. Micallef