Ylang in Gold 2012Eau de Parfum

Ylang in Gold (Eau de Parfum) by M. Micallef
Bottle Design Martine Micallef
Ylang in Gold (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by M. Micallef for women and was released in 2012. The scent is floral-sweet. It is still in production.
Scent goes well with Sunshine Woman

Top Notes Top NotesGeranium, Mandarin orange, Rosemary, Sage, Vermouth
Heart Notes Heart NotesMagnolia, Lily of the valley, Mint, Rose, Sandalwood, Ylang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesCoconut, Moss, Musk, Vanilla

Submitted by Apicius, last update on 15.01.2021.

BelgwenBelgwen 7 years ago

„Doth mine nose deceive me or is that a smell-alike in that gold-laden fancy bottle? :)”

DolbyDolby 8 years ago

„All that glitters isn’t gold”

In the bottle, this perfume is an opaque sea of golden liquid. Unusual, and I have to admit to being slightly apprehensive before spraying because...
Visit to the zoo
... No, no I do not mean that the scent smells like animals ;-)
Quite the opposite!

This fragrance reminds me of a trip to the Leipzig Zoo in my childhood. There is a discovery station for children in the monkey house, where you can smell and guess different scents.... Jasmine, ylang ylang ... but also patchouli. The first time I smelled Ylang in Gold, it immediately put me there in the Leipzig Zoo. I don't smell any coconut (thankfully), but very clearly the ylang ylang with hints of tangerine and herbs. I remember the Tropical House, Gondwanaland and the Monkey House, where I first discovered Ylang Ylang as a child.
At the same time, this fragrance is noble, beautiful, yet in a down-to-earth way. Like spotting a tiger in the rainforest. Warm, graceful, ylang in gold by M. Micalleff.
Ylang in sausage
The fragrance was kindly sent to me by a nice perfumer! Thank you for it!

I can also understand the praising voices - it smells "noble" and I have respect for how here a comforting vanilla was integrated into a summer fragrance.
But there is something that turns me off from the fragrance.
Not only is the vanilla very sweet and after a while, after the ylang commits desertion very quickly, very flat.... it also smells like liverwurst!
That sounds crazy, yes :)
Help me out- am I being fooled by the mix of kitchen herbs in the top notes?

I can only tell that out of all the powdery and vanillic, there's always such a meaty note coming out. NOT the good kind of salty note. I smell, albeit vanishingly, savory gravy and that makes the overall composition difficult for me to enjoy.
I know you so well.
After reading so many beautiful things about ylang in gold, I would have to order a sample of ylang in gold. One is curious...

I find the top notes beautiful, interesting and very promising. Very short Rose then two very nice notes appear very quickly ...Tangerine and a soft Sage note ... interesting and different. I was so excited about the development...

Glad I spoke too soon... Very fast the heart notes spread, which I can't really separate and I immediately go into a time machine. I suddenly find myself in the early 90's... My then beloved perfume Casmir by Chopard is on my bathroom shelf. I almost bathed in the scent, as usual... I used Casmir almost every day for years. The scent is really nice, soft and a real cuddly scent. My problem is that I honestly can't smell that scent anymore... For me, from the heart notes of ylang in gold, a twin is 100% Casmir from Chopard...

The scent is really nice but for me it's quite old-fashioned, very well known and fragrant 25-30 years ago.
Little light
Yes, I understand the comment that says that the fragrance smells like a synthetic vanilla tree. When I smelled the spray of my specimen I could agree with that. Nevertheless I have often smelled it. I agree with people who don't know which expensive ball gown they should wear with this dress to do it justice.
The scent is more than an overpriced cashmere. This is Casmir in elegant, torn out of his comforting Winderpersonality. He is summer.
Impressions of a carefree, beautiful woman who shakes hands with a balanced smile at, say, charity events aristocrats.
Ylang-ylang in gold smells like an expensive body cream that I want to use to cream myself. It lacks a little depth, but certainly not height and fullness. A touch of mint, together with the Ylang Ylang on a bed of vanilla coconut lifts the fragrance into the air, where it shines down on me as a light steel. At the same time, the fragrance resonates with something trivial and insignificant. This is what makes it so beautiful for me. The golden shimmering wand of ylang in gold oils my nerves, free of all worries I sail through the sunlit air.
Granted, I also feel a little trapped in a Raffaelo commercial. But sometimes that's exactly what I want.
Sometimes that's what I want. Just smell smooth without corners and edges, just beautiful. The lack of depth helps me to switch off without feeling like a stranger.
Kima
Kids don't like asparagus!

Most kids don't eat vegetables that much. And no asparagus at all! Also I was one of those kids.

Sometime on a hot summer day, I must have been about 15 years old, I was in an outdoor pool (at that time it was called Badeanstalt:-)). And suddenly I felt an unbridled appetite for asparagus...

I myself was so shocked by this change of heart that I haven't forgotten it until today (many many years later ;-)). I found myself in a phase of my life in which one considers it the most important to have an irrefutable own opinion about everything.

Whether it was at that time due to the hormonal change of the body, or perhaps to an unconscious association of the chlorine smell, who knows...

Well, at least I like, no actually I *love* since then asparagus, with ham, potatoes, sauce Hollandaise ... mmmm delicious!

What does all this have to do with "ylang in gold"? I felt almost exactly the same with the scent!

The first time I had him under my nose, I thought, "Pooh, much too sweet! I don't like it!" From time to time I sniffed at my little sample, but still found it unbearable.

Until one day for inexplicable reasons I was suddenly overcome by an irrepressible desire for exactly this fragrance. And since then he is one of my favorites and has a firm place in my collection.

I particularly enjoyed it this autumn when I splashed in the Atlantic on a really hot day in southern France and waved "Ylang in Gold" around my nose. For me the perfect summer-sun-beach-joy-of-life-scent-!

It radiates so bright and cheerful, so sweet and soft, tender and at the same time so strong, somehow transparent, but nevertheless complex. It's worth giving him a chance!

Belgwen
Ever since its release, I wanted so badly to try Ylang in Gold. I don’t know why it took me so long to test it; a reason for it might have been that I was afraid to want such an expensive perfume. Every time I fall in love with a perfume which sells for several hundred dollars a bottle, I curse fate for bringing me such loveliness that I cannot afford let alone justify buying it. Trying this on my skin, however, has been a positive and a negative experience, both aspects from which I will benefit. Negative aspect: I loved it at first sniff. This automatically puts it in the category of “Too Expensive”. Positive aspect: It's two fold... Firstly, it’s simply too gorgeous for words! Without looking at any of the notes, I get a fruity opening followed by a trace of Ylang Ylang. Secondly, about 30 minutes into the drydown, I get fruity, powdery Vanilla pudding with less-than-dominant Ylang Ylang with tremendous sillage and longevity. In short, I get an ever-so-slightly fruitier version of Hanae Mori (Parfum version.) If I was asked to blindly smell and identify this on my skin, I’d say “Hanae Mori Parfum” without hesitation. Are the ingredients more expensive/pure/rare/loftier/so much more uber-awesome than the mass marketed Hanae Mori? I’m sure of it. Does that make any difference as far as the end result? No. And that, folks, is the BEST news. I get to keep my beloved Hanae Mori and several hundred dollars in my pocket. For those of you who would like to buy this but cannot afford it, seek out a sample of this. If you like it, go purchase the pocket-friendlier Hanae Mori Parfum version (Pink Butterfly). It’s essentially the same thing.
2.5

Dolby
All that glitters isn’t gold
In the bottle, this perfume is an opaque sea of golden liquid.
Unusual, and I have to admit to being slightly apprehensive before spraying because I sure didn’t want to end up like a Glitter Diva for the next week of so (you know how hard these pesky particles are to get rid of) … anyway, my fear was unfounded because absolutely nothing remains on the skin.
Odd.
In any case, I have now learnt that those particles are very finely ground mother of pearl.
Not gold.
Nice touch, but rather pointless in the grand scheme of things.

Like most Ylang and vanilla fragrances, this one is sensual and sweet.
There is a strong touch of peach and, as Martine says, “Fruit of the Loom”.
This lends the composition a quirky gourmand edge, reminiscent of bubble gum or fruity shampoo.
It’s a shame because it cheapens an otherwise pricey perfume.
Overall it's ok. Just.
Nothing spectacular, and very linear.
I expected more from such lush-looking nectar.

JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 2 years ago
A blast of ylang-ylang. Creamy and subtle. The vanilla is all across the board, making it a delicious scent.

by Annfrost
by Schnuffi
by Veilchen75
by Veilchen75

Popular M. Micallef

Royal Vintage by M. Micallef DesirToxic by M. Micallef Note Vanillée by M. Micallef Mon Parfum Cristal by M. Micallef Watch Collection - Time for Love by M. Micallef Gaïac by M. Micallef Mon Parfum by M. Micallef Shanaan by M. Micallef Ananda (Eau de Parfum) by M. Micallef Patchouli by M. Micallef Royal Muska (Eau de Parfum) by M. Micallef Gardenia / N°41 by M. Micallef Mon Parfum Pearl by M. Micallef Pure Extrême (Eau de Parfum) by M. Micallef Jewel for Him by M. Micallef Aoud by M. Micallef Avant-Garde / Avant Garde by M. Micallef Mon Parfum Gold by M. Micallef Osaïto by M. Micallef Les 4 Saisons - Hiver by M. Micallef