Art by Masakï Matsushïma

Art is a perfume by Masakï Matsushïma for women and was released in 2009. The scent is floral-fresh. It was last marketed by Panouge.

Jean Jacques

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Japanese plum, Starfruit
Heart Notes Heart NotesCherry blossom, Linen, Tea rose
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Cedarwood

Submitted by Feylamia, last update on 21.04.2019.

The principle danger
I have a principle about perfume testing. Nothing is washed. Nothing!!! The curiosity is too great, what comes afterwards and too often the surprise was already big, what came along after a for my taste terrible top note nevertheless still pleasant. So far this has never been a special problem for me.

During the test of my filling of "Art" (today) this principle was put to a very hard test. Sillage and durability weakly evaluated and described in the comments as pleasant, easy and good-tempered, two decent "PFFTTTSSSSSSS" landed on my wrists.

A few minutes after that: Images of threateningly large anti-insect candles appear in my mind's eye, that must be the bergamot. Shortly afterwards the plum spreads, for a good 20 minutes. But this is not a rich, warm plum like in "Decadence", this is a hard, grumpy, cold and gloomy plum - one that looks at you evil and seems almost threatening. If Japanese plums really smell that way, I don't want to get anywhere near them, ever!

"You could do the dishes," it occurs to me, over and over again, every minute. "Look, the sink's almost there, soap too, it's okay if it doesn't fit at all. Others do what you read all the time."

I have my principles!!! Hold on. You can do it. Interlock your arms on your back, hold on!

To cut a long story short. Made it. After approx. 20 minutes the grumpy plum gets smaller and goes off.
What comes next reinforces my principle. That's really nice (yes, the word *g*). Delicate cherry, creamy. When Japanese cherry blossoms smell like this, then I simply leave the plums on the left in Japan and sit under the cherry tree. All the way! And really like :-)

Sillage harmless, totally.
Shelf life not good, after about 2 hours the cherries leave me too and I am far away from Japan and any fruit again (if it is in the base musk and cedar wood, then it is completely odourless in Japan).

There was nothing fresh about this scent. Good-humoured at most the middle part with the cherry, but that was too short for constant good mood ;-)

PS. For the sake of completeness I have to say that the bottling is according to the label from summer 2017 - the fragrance smells zero, but maybe the quality has already suffered a bit - otherwise it is simply due to my skin chemistry...

Popular Masakï Matsushïma

Shiro... by Masakï Matsushïma mat; by Masakï Matsushïma chocolat mat; by Masakï Matsushïma Snowing Rose by Masakï Matsushïma Art Mosaic by Masakï Matsushïma Art Homme by Masakï Matsushïma Suu… by Masakï Matsushïma M;0°C by Masakï Matsushïma Art by Masakï Matsushïma Masakï/Masakï by Masakï Matsushïma Matsu by Masakï Matsushïma Tokyo Smile by Masakï Matsushïma aqua mat; homme by Masakï Matsushïma Art Foundation by Masakï Matsushïma Matsu Mï by Masakï Matsushïma Aqua Earth Homme by Masakï Matsushïma M by Masakï Matsushïma Aqua Platinum by Masakï Matsushïma Haiku - Fleur de Sanshō by Masakï Matsushïma mat; limited by Masakï Matsushïma