Snowing Rose by Masakï Matsushïma

Snowing Rose is a perfume by Masakï Matsushïma for women and was released in 2012. The scent is floral-fresh. It is being marketed by Panouge.

Jean Jacques

Top Notes Top NotesAquatic notes, Bergamot, Peach
Heart Notes Heart NotesIceberg rose, Magnolia, Lotus
Base Notes Base NotesWhite musk

Submitted by Joe, last update on 08.03.2019

8.0 8.0 7.0 8.0/10

Lotus before the thunderstorm
Oooh, Snowing Rose, what a name O_O.
I'm already catched. Snow and Rose, two things I love and have strongly romanticized saved.
I like Japanese fragrances very much, they are often not so "busy", are more delicate, clearer, are somehow more relaxed in my perception.

The prelude of Snowing Rose is flowery sweet, the fragrance impression for me is "pink". From the beginning there is a note which I first perceive as "dill" like. A strange note, it is spicy-warm like hay, at the same time dusty like summer air full of grass seeds. I think it must be the lotus.
The pink fades to a very, very tender rosé, a tender sunrise with a pastel blue sky in the background.
The watery notes now also stand out more strongly for me. It smells like lotus flowers in a quiet water, it is foggy, but soon a thunderstorm comes, the air is already quite humid. The fragrance is sweet, warm and spicy with a hint of water. A warm scent of water! Apparently something like that works.
After a long while, the rose comes out for me, too. It is a budding, green rose, very beautiful, but it remains in the background. So the scent stays for me for hours. The lotus finally becomes a little quieter. It is the time of magnolia, it blooms powdery-white.
Eventually the flowers are washed away along with the water and what remains is a dry, clean, slightly powdery, but very quiet musk.

I like the smell a lot. It's all the more amazing because I don't really like aquatics. It's somehow original (maybe I'm just not used to Asian scents!) and looks very natural. He's not cute either (after the opening sweetness has disappeared), which I really appreciate!
What I find particularly exciting is that the fragrance has a certain spice severity that remains until very shortly before the end.
I write it again because it fascinates me: Snowing Rose is a spicy-warm lotus water scent with increasingly powdery hints in the course. Spicy-warm water scent!

For me, it wasn't a Snowing Rose, it was a Lotus before a Storm.
7.0 5.0 6.0 4.0/10

Local appointment in Neuendorf-Sachsenbande
A strange mixture, these aquatic, almost maritime notes - combined with a fruit candy rose. More candy than rose. If that's the peach, it's one of Haribo's. Within a few seconds I find the "aquatic notes" (in the manufacturer's original speech: "chord of frozen water") more woody than aquatic. This isn't a good start.

Iceberg rose" is promised for the continuation. Hm, I'm sensing an anemic rose scent. Iceberg? There's a rose called 'Snow White' that goes by the name of 'Iceberg' in other countries. It's supposed to have a faint scent that I don't know personally. Weak fragrance... Hm... Joah...

The text for Snowing Rose promises that we will be kidnapped into a fantasy world. Well, that's a second clue. What do I do if I need snow fast now? Right, I'm throwing sawdust. We are not sprinkled with snow but with sawdust from DIY store wood. Again part of the fragrance ticked off.

Sawdust. Let's keep following that lead. Site visit in 25554 Neuendorf-Sachsenbande in the district Steinburg in Schleswig-Holstein. There's probably exactly as much going on there as you'd think. Aaaaabut the place accommodates the quite wonderful (!!!) nursery Schütt, specialized in historical roses. Every now and then a brackish breeze may blow over the Elbe estuary, just a few kilometres away, while the ladies prepare their roses for shipment. I don't remember that the container roses of Schütt were covered with a layer of sawdust on the ground, but it is possible that bare-root goods are kept moist in this way.

Most historic roses smell more intense (and more beautiful!) than Snowing Rose can even dream of, but you can't have it all. Perhaps it is very windy - from the Elbe, we already had that - and the aroma is largely blown away. In addition, the Snowing Rose Rose scent (called the rose scent inappropriate) actually gets something of Montale later in style. Of course not in terms of volume, I mean this watery type with the penetrating basic character.

Brackish water, light rose smell, sawdust. Fits. Wow, how does that work!

Magnolia? All right, you can imagine something from that direction, if you know it. There's a thing like that on the premises. An early variety that already blooms when the last bare-root roses are packed before the summer break in April. Musk? Hmm. How do I explain the weak artificial wood musk base? Especially the banal musk? Well, Mrs. P. just uses some cream.

There you go. Sherlock Humbug has investigated. Howgh.

I thank Tiara for the rehearsal.

by Meisje