III-IV Tango 2014

III-IV Tango by Masque
III-IV Tango is a popular perfume by Masque for women and men and was released in 2014. The scent is spicy-resinous. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot
CuminCumin
PatchouliPatchouli
Base Notes Base NotesVanillaVanilla
Tonka beanTonka bean
Sweet clover absoluteSweet clover absolute
AmberAmber
LeatherLeather
BenzoinBenzoin
MuskMusk

Submitted by ExUser, last update on 17.01.2022.

Masterpiece
I stumbled upon this while looking for something else but the moment I sprayed it on my hand it made something click in my brain. The sweet spiciness is just addictive. In the opening it feels to be boozy and classy with a middle eastern perfumery vibe. It creates a lovely spicy scent bubble around you that it is just to die for. Definitely my favorite from Masque Milano. The performance and silage is above average, 10+ hours. If you like ambery sweet spicy fragrances I definitely recommend this. By the way, the atomizers are amazing.
Ischgelroi
Unlike what I expected...
III-IV Tango I received yesterday as a bottling. I did not know this fragrance before at all also the notes. So I was completely ignorant when I sprayed III-IV Tango for the first time. It is also my first perfume of this brand that I test.

I took a look at the description of III-IV Tango before writing this review. Honestly, I have to say that the description is not reflected in the scent at all. The scent kind of reminds me of bug spray, which was often used in boarding houses in Italy when a new guest would inhabit them. III-IV Tango is a fragrance that did not appeal to me at all because of this association. Somehow the scent doesn't really fit to a midsummer night where tango is danced. I can really only perceive flowers, leather and sweetness. Somehow, this combination here always triggers the thought of insect spray in me.

The durability is very good even after 12 hours I could III-IV Tango still gently smell. The silage is very strong for 6-7 hours and fills entire rooms, after a little over 10 hours III-IV Tango is slowly skin.

Unfortunately, I and III-IV Tango do not become friends, but I can anyone who likes Roja A Midsummer Dream recommend III-IV Tango similar direction but better implemented, even if it is not my case.

Simply TANGO
No fragrance has ever made me feel so strongly like the name. This is simply a tango. Rhythmic, fast, rough and tender at the same time. I can see a rich red color. He dances all the time and doesn't lose his intensity, just slightly. Very well blended fragrance!
Partner Swap
Once upon a time, there was a good old time when me and my husband, were salsa dance students.

There was a solo dancer in our dance group who didn't have a steady dance partner and always stepped in as a guest dancer on request when a lady was left without a partner.

Of course, not everyone can come to the training spontaneously, because you have to get ready and show up on time for class. Our dancer, I will call him Thomas, was addicted to alcohol and not always sober in the course, which he carefully tried to hide and always sucked some kind of sweets or pastilles to cover his alcohol smell.

So, as is common in dance classes, after learning a dance figure, the dance instructor gives the command to switch partners. This is to train the leading and being led. This is not always pleasant, I have to admit, as in the case with Thomas, when he stood in front of me and offered me his sweaty hands. He had sweaty hands that trembled slightly, his shirt was also wet from sweating and although he had showered and perfumed himself beforehand, he gave off such a strange smell of his body and perfume that mixed with the smell of his menthol pastilles and in addition there was also the smell of alcohol....

I smell this "fragrance composition" ;) in III-IV Tango.

At the start, cannon shot of cardamom-cumin-patchouli-menthol mixture, at which my memories of Thomas awake! Menthol is not in the pyramid at all, but I perceive him. Only with a lot of patience do I endure the initial spicy phase and only rarely sniff my wrist. But I have to think over and over again nostalgically of our dance class. Sigh!

Only after 3 hours I can enjoy the floral amber, which delivers a great performance together with benzoin. I am enveloped by a delicate fragrance aura, with which I spend remaining 6 hours. Leather and pepper takes my sense of smell was not.

For some, this fragrance is an olfactory orgasm, for me it is indeed an olfactory association.

Dear Antje, thank you for the sample and the painful associations. :-*
Tango
Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean
'Bolero'
A dance on ice,
with the constant danger of slipping on it.
A sneaking around...
crackling tension is in the air.
Approaching...
The same game
over and over again.
A consuming
destroying each other.
The dance, a drama with no happy ending.
In the end, both are on the floor.

The scent,
like the dance, a drama.
Attractive and repulsive.
The idea of the tango ingeniously brought across.
Though not to everyone's taste,
it is art of the highest order.

The bergamot symbolizes
the time of carefree getting to know each other,
of being ensnared.
The spices shoot like adrenaline into the blood,
Passion, drama follow.
Cumin on a balsamic bed of vanilla, benzoin and tonka,
the sweat of devotion.
The rose, clothed in dark patchouli,
represents longing at times of alienation.
One fragrance,
2 hearts,
sometimes in unison,
sometimes rebelling against each other.
Love and drama
with an open end.
At last, both are down.
There is only one option:
'Take the rose out of your mouth and kiss me'
Thank you Can, for those words.
This is the only way the tango couple has a chance.
Dream Night
From the first moment it came down to this...

When their eyes first met, she recognized the desire in his striking face, and she liked it. He saw the longing in her dark eyes, a longing he was only too happy to satisfy. He loved to lose himself in those eyes full of fire and passion, to look into her face framed by her dark hair, to gaze spellbound at her beautiful, full lips when she was focused and biting her lower lip quite unconsciously. In those moments, he would have given his life for her. She, in turn, enjoyed knowing he was near her, feeling he would always be there, catching her when she stumbled, holding her when she weakened. His power and strength magically drew her to him. He was blissfully aware of her infectious good humor and laughter.
But as yet they only pranced around each other. Eyeing each other from afar as passion as well as longing for each other grew. Bittersweet pain, unfulfilled desire. The air around them was electrified.
At some point, when their eyes met again, there was a real sizzle and the tension was unbearable. As if guided by magic, they walked towards each other. The starry sky above them provided enough light and in the water it glittered like thousands of diamonds. A dreamlike night.
At first their steps were slow, yet unstoppable, then faster and faster until they were standing very close to each other. She was a head shorter than him and had to look up at him. He looked down and cautiously came a little closer. So now they could feel each other's breath, their heartbeats, even the bubbling of blood in their veins. Tenderly, he put one hand around her shapely waist and took her hand with the other. He guided her and she felt his determination and clung to his strong shoulders. They danced and danced, becoming more and more passionate, until finally, all sweaty, they gave themselves completely to each other.

She loved the scent he gave off, trying to inhale it with every breath. A beguiling, elegant, spicy-warm bouquet of flowers and spices that were present and skin deep at the same time. When she kissed him, she smelled those soft, sweet notes that she could lose herself in completely, yet still demanded. Now did he smell sweet, tart, or both?
In the end, she didn't care, because he smelled so wonderful, so different from anything she knew, she wanted to take in the scent and carry it with her forever. A scent full of grace, grace, temperament and strength that knew how to enhance the personality of the wearer. She lost herself completely in the action and stopped thinking.
They made love full of devotion, desire and passion. It was as if she had been waiting for this moment all her life. It seemed to him she was made for him, he just had to find her.
As she lay her head on the back of his neck, panting with passion as she bit down on her fiery red lips, he came to the end as well. She slowly fell asleep in his strong arms as her limbs jerked up again and again.

When she awoke, she was in her bed, alone. The scenery of the night had faded. She blinked, and thought for a moment: she had been at the feast on the shore last night, where he had been. Him. The butterflies in her stomach took flight. She smiled. The scent of last night still seemed to float in her nose. Instinctively, she brought her hand to her nose. Yes! That's the scent. He always smelled like that. Like tango. And last night she had tangoed. And someday, she was sure, she would tango with him. Until then, she had the scent to herself.
Eroticism in a bottle
Masque Tango
Cecile Zarokian has managed to get the name of the fragrance in perfection in the bottle. For this already a big compliment. That succeeds not many.

Tango.... what comes to mind.
Fire, temperament, looks full of emotion and eroticism. Unrestrained desire to go all out and claim it all.

Now to the fragrance

At the first Aufsprühen I thought wow that comes but very spirited therefore.
After a short linger I noticed already, that is once again a fragrance that you can disassemble only with difficulty in its components.
But honestly I do not want and can not.
And that's exactly what makes the fragrance so interesting and mystical.

Much more it is the whole what fascinates me.
He radiates crackling eroticism and passion
How I have not known it so yet. A sexyness without looking cheap and become.

Glances meet and without words you know what will happen. But I do not want to elaborate on that.
Let your imagination play.

He is stylish, classy and sexy in absolute perfection.

Thank you for this.....
Thanks to Gabi....that I was allowed to know this fragrance.

It's coming to me. With full force.

Tango (@Nose.Knows.No.Notes)

• Masque Milano Tango •

Let me know in the comments which Masque Milano should be in my next sample order? As with Russian Tea that I sampled a while back, Masque Milano delivered another stellar, interesting fragrance with Tango.

Tango is a spicy amber and it's a strong, 'in your face' type scent, albeit blended to the point where it almost instantly feels like one big accord. That quality creates a bit of a mindgame, where I personally don't feel the fragrance changes all that much during the wear, but because I can't pinpoint exactly what I'm smelling, I make different connections everytime I get a waft.

Mainly this is warm. Just looking at the color of the juice gives you some idea. Along with the amber, cinnamon is the most prominent note to my nose. Cumin is said to be one of the main notes; my experience with cumin is limited, but where I tried it before, it smelled a bit like body odor (although never in a sweaty offensive way to me). In Tango, it feels more like 'one of the spices' and it's not overly present. The scent has some saltiness to it at first, so maybe the cumin comes in to play there. I get a leathery or definitely a musky animalic vibe, where later in the drydown, it becomes smoother and creamier. And that drydown lasts for quite a while , because performance is great.

Tango is a mature, amber fragrance, that has more dimension than your average gourmandy sweet amber (for example Armani Privé's Ambre Eccentrico that I tried last week). To wear, I personally might prefer the more straightforward ambers over this ever so slightly animalic and a bit more spicy variant, but than again, this is more intriguing. My preference would differ per situation; if I go the night out and want a comforting fragrance that's more of an easy grab, I'll lean towards a more straight forward fragrance, but if I want to stand-out more or just when I wear it around the house for myself, Tango has more to offer, while ultimately resulting in a comforting and familiar late drydown •

Please follow my IG Nose.Knows.No.Notes for more reviews and fragrance photography
Warming on cold days
At first spray I thought "Oha! Deep dark spicy wood in the darkest place in the fairytale forest." A dark spicy scent, a bit bulky, scratchy reached my nose. A rather skeptical "Well, I wonder what this will be."

Beautiful it turned out! Tango starts - as already described - a little scratchy, dark-spicy and then yet rather points to pepper-spiced leather and not wood. And I am very surprised that I like this blend despite this scratchiness. Gradually, and only in the background, I perceive fruit and flowers, more flowers than fruit. The scratchiness fades away.

When - relatively quickly as I find - the rest of the base notes mix in, Tango becomes warm-spicy-soft, a little herbaceous and even creamy. I can not and do not want to break down the fragrance into its individual parts. Only pepper, the leather and later a delicate amber sweetness I can detect. Pepper must be the scratchy thing, leather, especially the association of dark leather, is something I encounter rather rarely in fragrances (and what I rarely smell usually makes itself most noticeable and even migrates from the base to the top notes) and the amber sweetness I've really had plenty of lately in fragrances I've tried. Whereas it kindly only makes an accompanying appearance in Tango and doesn't take over.

Tango fits, I think, wonderfully to the current cold winter weather.

Greeting + thanks to Serenissima
Memories in Velvet Red: A Liberation Strike
Sometimes fragrances manage to bring back a piece of the past. So Tango reminds me of a part of mine - but without getting stuck there, he manages to create an enveloping feeling of well-being with a winking eye.

Tango opens with a woody chypre composition. A deep green, cool type, which is pushed back at the moment of the first smell with a very spicy amber and animal notes of indollic jasmine. Nevertheless: a deep breath conveys well-being, a pleasant physicality, dark coolness and lets you float in a cocoon.
A cocoon that is shaped by the very abstract chypre body and the classic jasmine rose heart, a journey or at least a thought of scents of earlier decades. But don't misunderstand: always staying modern, Tango doesn't lose itself in the past but stands here and now. Despite the large number of scents and the dense impression of his complex composition - where it is hard to tell what is smelling - tango is perfumed and not overbearing (as for me for example the very distant relative 'Chypre Palatin'). It does not kill, but rather looks like a red velvet blanket in cold grey, like a flickering light in a black room. A fruity nuance of red cherries together with the flowers makes a short sweetness flash, but mixes increasingly with smoke, spices and patchouli, before the fragrance forms the amber base. Clearly influenced by Myhrre, Labdanum and Benzoe Tango is far away from dominant Vanilleamber.

The mask remains wearable at all times, today perhaps more with a masculine attitude, vintage-loving ladies should probably classify it as more feminine. Nobody should be afraid of the tender animalism, which should consist mainly of Indol and Labdanum. Neither in front of the chypre background, which remains until the end and draws the scent permanently to the tart side and knows how to hide the delicate fruit sweetness well. You don't have to worry about Sillage and durability here, a few sprayers cover you with a fantastic scenttaura.

BoBoChampBoBoChamp 1 year ago
Initially boozy spicy-earthy, a slightly animalic, yet spicy and dusty floriental, balanced by a solid resinous-woody base. Rather feminine.
AromaXAromaX 6 years ago
Romanticized scent of port with an exotic mix of amber, tarred wood, spices and chocolate with a touch of rose petals and a sip of Port wine

by Sweetsmell75
by Floatlonely
by Barbalix
by Barbalix

Popular Masque

III-I L'Attesa by Masque I-III Russian Tea by Masque IV-I Lost Alice by Masque II-III (homage to) Hemingway by Masque II-II Mandala by Masque IV-II Ray-Flection by Masque I-I Terralba by Masque III-II Romanza by Masque Petra (2020) by Masque I-IV Times Square by Masque II-IV Kintsugi by Masque I-II Montecristo by Masque III-III Love Kills by Masque II-I Luci ed Ombre by Masque Madeleine by Masque Dolceacqua (2020) by Masque Petra (2012) by Masque Dolceacqua (2012) by Masque