III-I L'Attesa 2016

III-I L'Attesa by Masque
III-I L'Attesa is a popular perfume by Masque for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is floral-powdery. It is still available to purchase.

Luca Maffei

Top Notes Top NotesItalian bergamotItalian bergamot Moroccan neroliMoroccan neroli ChampagneChampagne
Heart Notes Heart NotesItalian iris absoluteItalian iris absolute Italian orris root French orris rootFrench orris root Tuberose absoluteTuberose absolute Madagascan ylang-ylangMadagascan ylang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesMysore sandalwoodMysore sandalwood OakmossOakmoss LeatherLeather

Submitted by Michael, last update on 08.05.2022.

Novocaine
A powdery iris that takes time and understanding

When I decided to add a perfume of Masque Milano to my collection, I researched the house a bit and stopped at L`Attesa (Waiting). I was drawn to the iris note that I don't know why I imagined it was similar to the one in Amouage Black Iris. My expectation was deceived but not in an unpleasant way, on the contrary.

I discovered a powdery iris, airy and quite strong despite the smell that would not give you the feeling at first that it can have a long life in perfume. It is supported by violet, leather that has the role of giving depth to the perfume and oakmoss. The champagne in the opening, yes it there... but it blends very well with the powdered iris which does not make it stand out as a completely distinct note.

It is a different iris that is worth trying, a contemplative iris, softer but which in terms of performance rises to the level of expectations. It persists on the skin very well and radiates in the first two, three hours after which it remains at the level of the skin, still feeling when it is carried by wind.
The fragrance is unisex, the combination of champagne and powdered iris tilts the balance for the feminine side while the woody-leather base that takes root in the iris along with the good performance make it wearable without any shadow of a doubt by men.

It can be used in spring, summer, even autumn, making it versatile in almost any situation.
The presentation is also beautifull. The atomizer is phenomenal, the name of the perfumer is engraved on the glass collar and on the front is drawn a watch that symbolizes waiting in antithesis to the passing of time.

A pleasant surprise from Masque Milano, which I hope to find in other perfumes of the house.
Carefree Designer Dress Pool Party Understatement
The pyramid doesn't really stick to the order for me. Tentatively smelling the spray button (I do that sometimes) a rather cool creamy iris winks out for a nano-moment and promises me not to get too powdery. "Oh nice." I hear myself thinking, as tangy citrusy and nerolino notes cheer me first and whoop loudly "Sidolin!".... Huh? How now? Have I missed something?

Oh, now I see it, how unsophisticated of me... when I take a close look, I realize it: this is not a bergamot window cleaner, but a champagne note! Prickly, bright and very chic. Immediately, a pool party of the rich and beautiful is created in my mind's eye, everyone is beaming - the teeth at the same time - and the conversations ripple lightly, just like the champagne fountain. A melancholic iris, as I prefer it, would certainly be a bit out of place here. Instead, it slowly comes to the fore in a creamy, powdery way, not too sweet as both iris absolute and iris root are included, giving the impression of an expensive makeup or cream. The other florals also behave in a present-decent way: a touch, an understatement of the wearer - suntanned appearance, linen dress and buttery soft leather handbag. Beautiful, uncomplicated and stylish. Even a bit in slow motion she shines.

The base notes round off the fragrance very elegantly, give it a gentle spiciness and ensure that the iris does not powder away.

____________________________________________
As can probably be guessed, you won't actually find me at parties like this, and I hardly ever drink champagne. I feel similarly out of place under this fragrance (especially because of the top notes) - as nice as it is.
Gray-dusty or indolic I do not perceive, by the way.

(with thanks to Notausgang)
Not mine.
First, I usually love iris scents but L' Atessa goes too far for me personally. Too penetrating and scratchy.... Iris is a note that in my opinion needs a soft and lovely support to be wearable. When everything fits Iris fragrances are for me the most beautiful fragrances ever. Unfortunately, this soft support is missing here. Therefore, the L'Atessa remains very penetrating and almost pungent all the time.

What I do not like at all is the existing tuberose note in the dry down. This tuberose note creates a kind of nausea for me, does not soften the fragrance, but has a stifling effect on me....

L' Atessa is a fragrance that I, for example, in a hand soap super find but as a perfume just too penetrating and too edgy....

I do not see a picture in front of me.. Who wears such a fragrance. I don't know. I also can not imagine at all where and on what occasion, I would wear the fragrance...
PastorMald
Am I confusing him with Ann Rinstrand's "touch," or what is that...?
I have to laugh myself but Ann Ringstrand's "Touch" and this flatterer are indistinguishable in the opening. Who has copied from whom?
As the game progresses, Masque may be a little bit ploddier but I find both of them "on par" as you would say in the UK. Ringstrand's touch is a little bit more "edgy" in the course of the game (sharper with an edge or a little bit "smokier") if you can say so.
But both one and the other definitely belong in the elite league of iris fragrances, without a doubt
Käfermaria
Man, it's so dusty in here...
...I thought to myself in the first few minutes of the first L'Attesa test a few weeks ago. It also somehow matched the layer of dust on the furniture in the living room and was my association - a pale grey layer of dust on a white, modern receiver (I don't own the latter of course). But that's how I felt L'Attesa in the beginning: dust-dry, white, soft grey dabbed.
I liked that, but it didn't make me a prime candidate
And then there was this exchange rage in me again. She finally brought the bottle into my house. (In this sense, once again many thanks to you, great exchange partner! :-)

Now I'm sitting here again. The white-pale grey dabbed receiver is already in standby. The plug still has to be pulled. I puzzle all the time, where does this great freshness come from, which blows me over and over again. Smell the fresh laundry. Nothing. At some point I remember my wrist, which I now carefully put under my nose. JAA!!! Therefore the fresh breeze blows! Somebody blew away the dust! Not wiped! Fresh breeze brought in.
Little by little the "starting mortar" (the grey spots) becomes softer, tickles not so much in the nose.
I can't stop thinking about something or someone freshly laundered. It's a real thing. No fresh shower gel - no!

L'Attesa is the fleshy clean woman in a grey speckled iris coat for a neat, clear appearance!
And she - L'Attesa (ital. et al. Die Erwartung) - now expects that the iris place (the Heeley-Iris) in my showcase will be cleared for her...
I already did.
Rajudaph
Iris frees and harmonizes...
If the desire for something extraordinary becomes too big, the website of ALZD with its diverse range of samples has to be created. Masque Milano catches my eye: l'Attesa. It means: waiting. On the development of fragrance?
After the first spray, I see light blue, azure blue, blue violet, cornflower blue. This is how I imagine the iris, beautifully flowery.
It bubbles around the iris and makes it as lively as a raspberry in a glass of champagne. The lifting effect of the champagne chord makes L'Attesa light as a feather. A woody powdery note prevails. The iris always remains superficial. In my opinion the fragrance course hardly changes.
A beautiful scent for a dinner with an exorbitant partner.
I'll just skip the price segment. So expensive but test it!
Augusto
Head over heels into the iris cloud
An extremely dry and at the same time tingling prelude. Right from the start, the nose is filled with the impression of a very round composition, accompanied by a glass of the best champagne. And now: upside down into the iris cloud. The iris butter is just beating up AugustA. Yes, butter, because it goes quickly from dry to creamy, almost greasy, in the most beautiful iris-wood-veilchenton.

To make a panning in the softest light brown suede leather at once.
But no bag with lipstick please, but rather leather like a second skin, with the smell of skin, some sebum on the collar, the remnants of seductive flowers telling of special encounters from afar, a touch of soft exoticism from Ylang Ylang and some indolence from tuberose. Everything embedded - and by that I mean: fallen down from some height - in a lot of lots of iris butter powder.

Drama, feeling and heart palpitations under shimmering, vibrant skin. Sandal reinforces this impression milky and sweet-sour, the oak moss adds something subtle and intensifies the always over many hours uniformly high noble effect.

A daydream. It is above all this special, strictly cool and warm iris scent that can hardly be more beautifully staged. Not suitable for everyday use.
Home
L'Attesa is one of those scents that won't let me go. After having owned a bottle last year, emptied half of it and then given it away, I had to think about it again and again.

The brilliant start is dominated by an unparalleled iris: dry, dull-grown, mineral with the complete absence of sweetness.

For me, that's the perfect iris note.

It's perfect.

After a few minutes a sweetness creeps up, which I attribute to the Mysore sandalwood. I can't really smell citric ingredients, champagne, tuberose or ylang-ylang. I wouldn't have typed oakmoss and leather on my own, but I can tell by looking at the notes.

The outstanding thing about L'Attesa is also that the iris note lingers all the time and dominates the fragrance until the beautiful sandalwood finish.

Why did I give away the scent then?
My husband ruined it a bit for me right at the beginning by saying to me in the morning on the first day I wore the newly acquired (and long awaited) scent: "Hm, it smells good here. So intense after hand cream." Ouch. And somehow he's right about that.

But I carried him on and loved him dearly. Until he became too sweet to me with the time and I decided after several considerations and carrying to let him pull. I very much hope that the increasing sweetness was due only to my sensation and not to the fact that the fragrance changes over time in the bottle
Anyway, today I bought it back. In the past few months, I had often thought of him. The first sprayer hit me, touched me and made me sentimental. It's like an old friend you lost sight of is back. And you only realize how painfully you missed him when you see him again and take him in your arms.

So now I'm pulling myself together again. It's a perfume, not a living thing. You can't ascribe such deep feelings to something.

The more I think about the hand cream comparison, the more it makes sense to me. L'Attesa smells like a luxurious cream. Such a one, which was produced only once, personally made for a queen. One that is stored in a heavy crucible and has a thick, pasty consistency.

This is the best iris perfume I know and I can hardly imagine that this will ever change.

Love it!
I love iris/ orris fragrances but this particular one is beautiful. The bottle is a heavy, good quality one and although on the pricey side for 35ml I feel it's worth it. The orris obvious from the start with its earthy characteristic but this scent somehow combines a fizzy effervescent element to it which I'm guessing is the champagne and it just works! It doesn't smell alcoholic to me just that fizzy aldehyde aroma you get from say Chanel Eau premiere and as mentioned combined with the other notes is elegant and beautiful.

PallidusPallidus 3 months ago
One of the most opulent iris openings out there. I wish it stayed like this all the way.
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 1 year ago
After a yeasty earthy/mineral opening, this clean and creamy earthy-floral Spring fragrance, slowly settles to a gentle leathery-woody base.
Alex1984Alex1984 5 years ago
1950's; dimly lit library, vase with irises. B&W, smoking in the corner, sunset above the leather sofa. Lost embraces, touch of her cheek.

by Sumi
in den Strassen von Prag....
by Flanker
by Flanker
by Minea
A different kind of iris
by Heavenly85
by Munu
by Anotherfrag
by Anotherfrag

Popular by Masque

III-IV Tango by Masque IV-I Lost Alice by Masque I-III Russian Tea by Masque II-II Mandala by Masque IV-II Ray-Flection by Masque II-III (homage to) Hemingway by Masque I-I Terralba by Masque Petra (2020) by Masque III-II Romanza by Masque II-IV Kintsugi by Masque I-II Montecristo by Masque I-IV Times Square by Masque II-I Luci ed Ombre by Masque III-III Love Kills by Masque Madeleine by Masque Dolceacqua (2020) by Masque IV-III Sleight of Fern by Masque Petra (2012) by Masque Dolceacqua (2012) by Masque IV-IV White Whale by Masque