Mauboussin M Moi 2007

Mauboussin M Moi by Mauboussin
Mauboussin M Moi is a perfume by Mauboussin for women and was released in 2007. The scent is floral-fresh. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesSaffronSaffron
White currantWhite currant
Heart Notes Heart NotesAmberAmber
NeroliNeroli
TulipTulip
Base Notes Base NotesCashmere woodCashmere wood
MuskMusk
White amberWhite amber

Submitted by Evita, last update on 27.11.2020.

A Gem of a Bottle, but...
The bottle and the cute play on words in the title of Mauboussin M MOI are very appealing to me. For non-French speakers: the letter 'm' is homophonic with the word 'aime', so this title translates (when spoken): Love me.

Why is the bottle so awesome? Well, in addition to being solid, symmetrical, and smooth, it spins like a top when turned! So even in the twenty-first century paper-free office (which therefore has no need for paperweights), this bottle deserves to be left out within ready reach to be fondled and turned.

Unfortunately, the juice inside is not nearly so appealing. Do tulips even have a smell? No, I think not. I can certainly attest that these tulips are abstract and empirically indistinguishable to my nose from peony, probably my least favorite floral note. Saffron, on the other hand, is one of my favorite perfumery notes. Alas, I do not smell it here amidst the blanket of white-noise, abstract "flowers". To me, this is a very generic peony frag like a hundred others, some of which I have swapped away.

The good news is that M Moi does not feature the rendition of peony which makes me sick. The bad news is that my beautiful bottle of this mediocre juice will in likelihood remain full. Why would I reach for this perfume, when nearly anything else in my collection is better?

Oh well, I'll leave it out on display and cross my fingers that the purple color does not turn brown or fade away!

by Süchtig
by Süchtig

Popular Mauboussin

Mauboussin Homme by Mauboussin Mauboussin M Generation by Mauboussin Mauboussin Private Club by Mauboussin Aequalis by Mauboussin Mauboussin by Mauboussin Promise Me Intense by Mauboussin Cristal Oud by Mauboussin Mauboussin pour Elle Elixir by Mauboussin Mauboussin pour Lui In Black by Mauboussin Une Histoire d'Homme Irrésistible by Mauboussin Mauboussin pour Lui Time Out by Mauboussin Histoire d'Eau by Mauboussin Mauboussin pour Elle by Mauboussin Mauboussin In Red by Mauboussin Mademoiselle Twist by Mauboussin Histoire d'Eau Améthyste by Mauboussin Mauboussin pour Lui by Mauboussin Le Secret d'Arielle (Eau de Parfum) by Mauboussin Promise Me by Mauboussin Mauboussin à la Folie by Mauboussin