Mauboussin Private Club 2018

Mauboussin Private Club by Mauboussin
Mauboussin Private Club is a popular perfume by Mauboussin for men and was released in 2018. The scent is spicy-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Lorience.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot Black pepperBlack pepper CardamomCardamom CorianderCoriander
Heart Notes Heart NotesCinnamonCinnamon
Base Notes Base NotesAmberAmber PatchouliPatchouli

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 25.04.2022.

Leimbacher
Tailor-made suit - unfortunately, we saved on the fabrics!
"Mauboussin Private Club" I would call "adult clubber". At least that's what he wants to be. He definitely goes for the spicy-sweet sex offensive, but never pushy or arbitrary, always with decency and style. No 365 days, not even a Fifty Shades. Film fans know what I mean. But unfortunately you can see a certain scratchiness and synthetics throughout the film. Nevertheless I find him sympathetic. For all of you who always wanted to smell a texture-rich mixture of "Boss Bottled" and "One Million".

Mauboussin is now not a very well-known brand or popular with young people - you might think that with "Private Club" they tried to change that. But so far this hasn't happened yet, the two-year-old fragrance is about to be discontinued - if I had to give tips, interested parties and fans should really get hold of it now, while prices are still minimal. But for me there are simply better, even more chic alternatives. "Private Club" is a smooth cardamomster with a radioactive-red shining sugar apple from the bumper in the front, just out of the back it develops even more soft and gentle, takes out stings and sharpness, becomes very nice ambry to a fantastic cuddler - and more. Young ladies can only like it with the current noses. For me as a not-more-than-ever U-30, however, it is a bit too... shallow and naive, too wannabe, if you want to say it badly. Well, I don't. Therefore: he is nice. ;-) But I would hardly have more fields of application for him. ;-)
Flacon: unique and typical Mauboussin - bulky sprayer, lousy to fill (generally with the brand).
Sillage: potent & powerful
Durability: he never goes home without overtime - 10 hours plus.

Conclusion: a red apple boss with spicy-warm oriental/ Shishabareinashes. If only it were a little rounder and more natural...

SLBscent
Down with the summer! Let Winter and colder days come!
I apologize to those who loves summer time! But i want winter and colder days to come just to wear this masterpiece! I’ve waited so long for this fragrance that It hurts to know that i can only wear It on cooler days. So i pray that this summer is kind enough to present me with some cooler days! Sorry...
What a marvellous, outstanding, beautiful, unique, splendid (i’m out of adjectives) smell!

Carlitos01
Seductive blue elegance in a bottle
I rarely make a blind purchase of perfume just being edited. However, due to the quality of my Mauboussin latest purchases, my enthusiasm lowered my defences, and I blind bought the brand-new Mauboussin Private Club.

I never understood the need for some designers to use over-decorated giant card boxes to contain a flask ten times smaller. In this case, the box is small (which is good) and extremely stylish.
The 100 ml deep navy-blue glass bottle, shaped like the previous M Generation flask, and with the Mauboussin name in a small gold band, is extraordinarily beautiful and elegant. So far this box/bottle package may constitute an exquisite inexpensive gift eligible for someone I treasure or love.

The juice...
The perfume was a very pleasant surprise right from the first spray. The opening occurs without any alcoholic burst and the scent floods the environment with a soft citrus note and a strong accord of fresh spices. A heady note of black pepper dominates, but it's very well blended with coriander and cardamom. The projection is strong, but not in excess, and there is no danger of nausea.
From the outset, I recalled some accords of LP No.9 for Men and this impression also occurs during the dry down. This is tantamount to saying that faint similarity with YSL Opium may exist as well, although the listed notes are completely different. I'll bet my nose is tricking me.
I want to refer to "likeness" which is very different from "copying", and I don't even suspect that Mauboussin pretends to enter the "clone" market. Private Club is a very unique and well-crafted fragrance but we mortals have the need to frame comparisons with something we already know. These olfactory references also extend to Versace pour Homme Dylan Blue Eau de Toilette opening, La Nuit de L'Homme Le Parfum, and to the Spicebomb dry down. It is easy to make an association with Eros Eau de Toilette as well. As initial credentials, this perfume seems to be either well endorsed, or I am awakened but my nose is still asleep.
The spicy opening notes extend practically until the beginning of the dry down. During the evolutionary journey, they are enriched by a hot and sensuous bittersweet cinnamon heart note, which marks this perfume with an elegant and romantic sweetness.
In the bottom notes, earthy patchouli and a cosy warm and slightly powdery amber, blend with the previous notes creating a fantastic strong spicy oriental setting.
The initial spices soften slowly, making the oriental nature of the fragrance more salient during the long dry down. This one is triangulated solely by cinnamon, patchouli and amber.

The longevity is immense, having exceeded 10 hours in any of my 2 sprays applications. The sillage reaches 8+ feet but with an unnatural high persistence, ensuring a strong projection for more than 4 hours.

Experiencing and testing this perfume without having read or heard any opinion about it before, has been a remarkable experience. I felt like a prospector who unexpectedly found some gold nuggets. But what you get out of this fragrance, it is pure masculinity, with no metrosexual or unisex vibes at all. It's not a fragrance for young boys as well. I picture confident men of 30 and up, wearing it at formal occasions, and having a very elegant, unique, distinguished scent around. The message it passes is one of sophistication, class, seriousness, experience and maturity.
I guess the house of Mauboussin is in full swing due to the remarkable quality of its last editions, and this Private Club perfume will be a great success for sure. As far as I'm concerned, I found my new Autumn scent. Since I know I'm going to use it a lot, I'd better buy a backup bottle.

I'm curious about the result of the math test:
___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
- Scent opening............8.5 (almost irreproachable)
- Scent Dry Down.........9.0 (near perfect)
- Longevity....................8.5 (almost 9 hours on my skin, with 3 sprays)
- Sillage..........................8.0 (sillage of 6~7 feet; it projects for 3.0 hours with 2 sprays)
- Versatility....................8.5 (quite versatile, although not a solution for summer days or any type of hot weather)
- Usability......................9.0 (avoid the beach, the gym or any activities where you may sweat; very good for formal events, evening wear, night out and clubbing)
- Compliments..............8.5 (people will notice you as distinct, elegant, sophisticated and sexy but not cute; above-average compliments by the ladies)
- Uniqueness.................9.0 (reasonably unique; I picked up the vibes stated in the text above)
- Quality.........................9.0 (above average quality ingredients; magnific smooth blending;
Issue: the cap is so tight to the bottle that it seems to be glued and disaster may happen with the huge effort needed to uncap the flask)
- Presentation ..............9.5 (very impressive)
- Price..............................9.5 (100 ml EDP flask - €26,00 in ShowroomPrivé)
___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
- Average:......................8.80/10.00 (wow!)
between 7 and 8 => above average;
between 8 and 9 => recommended;
equal or bigger than 9 => don't miss it;

My conclusion: A fantastic spicy masculine perfume, in an awesome flask and with a very competitive pricing, One of my best blind buys ever. My advice? Just buy it before it doubles the price!

Music: Shubert's Serenade by Nana Mouskouri

LemonheadsLemonheads 1 year ago
The best and most luxurious fragrance of Mauboussin for men,oriental sweet and spicy,a Persian prince bottled!
Finerthings8Finerthings8 1 year ago
This is good performer, sweet spicy and gourmand .There is apple note which I didn’t enjoy particularly.it has similarities with Rochas Man
HugoMontezHugoMontez 2 years ago
A modern take on the sweet spicy theme popularized by 1Million. This has more bergamot and a sweet cardamom to change things up. Decent 3/5
Maximus001Maximus001 2 years ago
My wife said that's the kind a like...

Thanks Carlitos for recommendation!
BertolucciKBertolucciK 2 years ago
Blue scent with the typical fresh bergamot opening and some spices (cardamom and cinnamon). The amber gives a little bit of sweetness.
SejanoSejano 2 years ago
Luxury and oriental eroticism with French stamp. Created to seduce at night and differentiate yourself from the Nuit de L'Homme users.
AmberScentAmberScent 3 years ago
It's an alluring fragrance, half blue, half woody/spicy/resinous. It does ressemble both to the blue Dylan and to Beloved Man. Odd but true!
Carlitos01Carlitos01 4 years ago
Private Club stands as a very elegant gentleman choice, with an overall feeling of charm, smartness and sophistication. Terrific perfume!

by Somebody
by Somebody
by Staerke
by Staerke
by Martin660
by Martin660

Popular by Mauboussin

Mauboussin Homme by Mauboussin Mauboussin M Generation by Mauboussin Mauboussin by Mauboussin Aequalis by Mauboussin Promise Me Intense by Mauboussin Cristal Oud by Mauboussin Mauboussin pour Elle Elixir by Mauboussin Mauboussin pour Lui In Black by Mauboussin Une Histoire d'Homme Irrésistible by Mauboussin Mauboussin pour Lui Time Out by Mauboussin Histoire d'Eau by Mauboussin Mademoiselle Twist by Mauboussin Mauboussin pour Elle by Mauboussin Mauboussin In Red by Mauboussin Histoire d'Eau Améthyste by Mauboussin Mauboussin pour Lui by Mauboussin Une Histoire de Femme Sensuelle by Mauboussin Le Secret d'Arielle (Eau de Parfum) by Mauboussin Mauboussin à la Folie by Mauboussin Promise Me by Mauboussin