Spice Musk by Max Factor

Spice Musk 1975

Steve0580
07.04.2016 - 05:40 PM

Nice 70s Musk

Max Factor apparently, excited the fragrance market sometime around 1986 but this is a fragrance I wish they'd have kept making. I found a small bottle on Ebay and since it was inexpensive, I bought it.

Spice Musk is aptly named, because that's exactly what it is. It's dominated by musk and pepper, although it does seem like there's herbal additions, like basil, added to the mix as well. There is also a sweet scent in the mix but I can't place what it is.

When it's first applied, the musk and pepper definitely step forward, although disappointingly, I pick up a sort of a plastic note as well. Luckily, the plastic note fades away as time goes on.

Projection and longevity are average.

I'm very happy to own this fragrance and if I could pick up another bottle inexpensively, I'd buy it, although it appears they rarely show up on Ebay.

Latest Reviews

Steve0580Steve0580 7 years ago
Ambra di Luna - Ramón Monegal

Ambra di Luna Very Feminine
While I love Monegal's Agar Musk, Ambra di Luna is definitely not for me. This fragrance is an amber and slightly vanilla mix, which is completely overpowered by a heavy talcum powder effect. I'd classify this as an extremely feminine fragrance...

Steve0580Steve0580 8 years ago
Elixir des Merveilles - Hermès

Elixir des Merveilles A VERY strong creamsicle
I received a sample of this from a friend. In a nutshell: It's a very strong, intense orange creamsicle and is almost identical to Laura Biagiotti's Roma per Uomo, except that the Eau des Merveilles is so much stronger. If you want...