Le Parfum 2008

Le Parfum by Max Mara
Le Parfum is a perfume by Max Mara for women and was released in 2008. The scent is floral-spicy. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesMirabelle plumMirabelle plum
Linden blossomLinden blossom
MuskMusk
Brazilian rosewoodBrazilian rosewood
SandalwoodSandalwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 26.11.2021.

Clean and delicate musk
I actually wanted to test and review the original Max Mara fragrance, however due to some confusion on the sales assistant's behalf, I was sprayed with Le Parfum.

From what I've read in the last hour or so, Le Parfum was created using nutmeg and musk, which are often the ingredients which make up a masculine scent. This fragrance is attempting to prove that a feminine fragrance is possible when these notes are combined.

I hate assigning a gender to a perfume as I'm a strong believer that you should wear whatever you like. Le Parfum is feminine, in that soapy, slightly powdery and clean sense of the word. The musk has obviously been tamed with a multitude of sugary white florals.

This fragrance reminds me of Annick Goutal's Musc Nomade, a perfect example of a musk that makes a woman feel as pretty as a princess and a man feel clean and dominant. Le Parfum hasn't ruled out its male buyers entirely, it has just invited the women to join in too.

I'm not too fussed with Le Parfum to be honest. It's pretty, clean and musky, yet it doesn't transcend past any boundaries. I am sometimes anosmic to musk, so every now and then I forget I'm wearing Le Parfum because the smell vanishes. The poor longevity doesn't help either.

I like the bottle with its minimalist design complete with a grey ribbon, however getting the bottle to stand erect is another obstactle. I prefer Kiehl's Original Musk for my musk cravings, however Max Mara's Le Parfum is much subtler and more clean and soapy, so perhaps there are some people who would prefer it for its delicate qualities.

Zum 1.November ein Bild mit der passenden Tristesse
by Inger
by Inger
by Fran
by Fran

Popular Max Mara

Kashmina Touch by Max Mara Silk Touch by Max Mara Le Parfum Zeste & Musc by Max Mara Max Mara by Max Mara Gold Touch by Max Mara Ouverture by Max Mara