Nero by Mazzolari

Nero is a popular perfume by Mazzolari for men and was released in 2014. The scent is fruity-fresh. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBlackcurrant, Bergamot, Apple, Pineapple
Heart Notes Heart NotesRose, Jasmine, Patchouli, Birch
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk, Vanilla

Submitted by Labormaus, last update on 24.09.2019

7.0 8.0 8.0 8.0/10

AnjaTom
If Aventus should ever be sold out...
...then this candidate here is a truly worthy replacement!
In my opinion, he comes closest to the "King" without Emperor Nero having to reinvent the clothes.
On the contrary, with Nero I have for the first time the feeling that the fragrance wants to be a clon! And he accomplishes this task like no other!

The scent:

Starts almost identical to Aventus (depending on the batch more or less fruity), is a bit smokier compared to my batch and is a bit more powdery/ vanilla in the base than Aventus!
Exactly there we would be also already with the grain where in my opinion Aventus the nose before has. The more fruity Drydown I simply like better than the more powdery one from Nero!
In summer I would therefore always prefer Aventus...spring makes itself the somewhat softer base of the Nero certainly better...but there I have other alternatives.
But that we understand each other correctly...this is really whining on a high level!!

Conclusion:

Nero of Mazzolari can do something...much more than the so-called cheap Dupes ala L´Aventue etc....he never seems cheap or easy...he snakes close to his role model! Class!

But as long as I get my Aventus at a cheaper price I wouldn't see any reason to buy it because of the almost 95% similarity. Yes, if you have Aventus you don't need Nero and the other way around!!
Still: Hats off!!

Supplement! A topic I had completely forgotten but for everyone here is certainly not insignificant:
Durability / Perception:

Here I must admit enviously that the Nero here the nose slightly in front has!!
But I can't determine whether it's the actual durability or the personal perception. Just this point is different for everyone.

When niche goes wrong
The opening of Nero is quite odd at first, you basically have this green lime and fresh minty herbs blended with something warm, fruity and tropical, which kind of reminded me of Azzaro Chrome at first. It's the pineapple – a note which I personally do not really get, this meaning I don't get its point in perfumery and I always (always!) find it out of place and stinky, but that is a matter of personal taste. Here, pineapple results in a sort of warm, bread-ish, sweetish and a bit sickening note halfway ginger, pollen, resins, with this "tropical" juicy heart and also some "vegetable" hints, like the smell of red pepper. I honestly almost get no patchouli at all at first, except for a green-hearty feel at the very base. As minutes pass and the horrid fruity note(s) vanish Nero gets a bit better, finally ending on a decent herbal patchouli accord, dry and a bit generic, with a sweetish-metallic breeze all around (same depth, feel and quality of most low-mid masculine designer scents in my opinion). Persistence is great at least, but apart from that, sadly a "no" for me.

4,5-5/10

by 3rdear
by 3rdear
by DrStiff
by DrStiff

Popular Mazzolari

Patchouly / Patchouli by Mazzolari Nero by Mazzolari Lui by Mazzolari Lei by Mazzolari Alessandro by Mazzolari Vaniglia by Mazzolari Mazzolari by Mazzolari Hartley by Mazzolari Ambra by Mazzolari Vetiver by Mazzolari Sofia by Mazzolari Carolina by Mazzolari Musk by Mazzolari Augusto by Mazzolari Alchemico by Mazzolari Bergamotto Mediterraneo by Mazzolari Oriente by Mazzolari Le Rose by Mazzolari Marina by Mazzolari Fleurs d'Oranger by Mazzolari