PatchoulyPatchouli

Patchouly / Patchouli by Mazzolari

Patchouly is a popular perfume by Mazzolari for women and men. The release year is unknown. The scent is earthy-oriental. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Ambergris, Spices, Honey, Patchouli

Submitted by Seglein, last update on 10.12.2019.

7.0 8.0 9.0 8.0/10

DonJuanDeCat
A gentle earthy amber scent to survive the winter!
Hey guys, let's get to a fragrance from the category "Fragrances nobody knows!" today.
What? You know that scent? You know this brand? How come I've never heard of Mazzolari before? I am! I AM!

Me, the greatest commentator in the world!! ... Well, you're lucky I'm not as arrogant and conceited as it might seem, but it wasn't you who kept telling me: "Have more confidence!" ?? Well then: Yes, yes! I'm the greatest commentator of all time!! ... hm, wait, actually you probably thought I should have more confidence in women, right? Hmm... okay, that's different, I still prefer to run far away, aaaaargh!!!!!! :DD

All right, let's get to the scent. As I said, I don't know the Mazzolari fragrances yet, so I don't know the fragrance here either. Patchouli fragrances, like this one, are no longer my thing. I once had a nice mainstream patchouliduft with the "Roadster" from Cartier, but that was also some years ago. And sometimes tastes change a little.

I don't know why, but I don't like this earthy scent as much as I used to. At least not if it's the main scent in a perfume. Of course I keep sniffing all kinds of scents, because you never know what kind of scents you might discover even after so many scents, don't you? Oh, besides, I always have to provide you with commissioners... because... I'm the greatest commentator in the world! :DD

The fragrance:
The fragrance begins, quite matching the color of the fragrance liquid, with a quite intense, sweet and very beautiful amber scent. And there's even honey in it, as it says here, and I'm not sure if I would have found it if I hadn't seen it in the list.
Of course you can smell a strong patchouli smell together with the amber right from the beginning. I don't think that's so bad now, because you don't smell the Patchouli pure or it somehow comes across dry, as if for example Patchouli would have worked more with pure flowery or spicy scents.
Because this fragrance is also slightly powdery, gentle, very smooth and therefore pleasant to smell. Besides, there are some spices, which are indeterminable, but give the fragrance a further autumnal charisma, even if the fragrance itself should come across very autumnal/wintery due to the patchouli and the strong amber.
For quite a long time the fragrance remains unchanged, but the amber always smells much more intense than the patchouli. Afterwards it remains as described, but the spicy scents become a little more intense and, if I am not mistaken, the fragrance gets a very small, smoky part in the background, as if myrrh or frankincense would also act as a base. In the later base one of the Patchouli comes across a bit stronger, but that's more because with the exception of the Amber all other scents have almost faded away. Only late in the night the amber finally gets weaker, so that one gets to smell a lot of patchouli.
All in all, the fragrance is very beautiful and comes across soft and warm.

The Sillage and the shelf life:
The Sillage is quite strong. From the beginning you are enveloped in a quite large scent cloud and the scent is also quite room filling for a while. This scent can be perceived by others in any case, even on cool days! The shelf life is also very long. The next morning I could still smell the scent weakly on my arm and perceive the amber very well.

The bottle:
The bottle is rectangular, high and narrow. It is rather simple, but its simplicity makes it look noble, which is also ensured by the reddish-brown scent liquid, which is beautiful to look at. The chrome-plated and cylindrical lid completes the beautiful bottle.

Soo, hmm... so this fragrance is a good example that perfumes can smell great even if they should contain fragrances that you don't really like that much. As described at the beginning, I'm not a big Patchouli fan. Of course I don't hate Patchouli completely, but I would never miss it if I couldn't smell Patchouli anymore. But here you can smell patchouli quite well, but the whole mix of the scent is well done, so it smells nice. It smells sweetly warm and smooth. But you have to say that for a long time the Amber smells a lot more intense than the Patchouli, so I myself would have named the fragrance "Amber" instead of "Patchouly".

Anyway, for me, the scent belongs in autumn and winter. It comes across warm and soft, but also pleasant and delicious, so that it has become above all a beautiful evening or night scent. On the other hand, you can actually use such fragrances throughout the winter, because that's what the heavier and more intense fragrances are for, isn't it? It fits perfectly to cuddle up nicely or to comfort yourself over the cold days (only to be able to moan about the heat waves again in summer, but this year was again really brutal concerning the heat... arghghgh!).
Maybe you shouldn't exaggerate at least at work with such strong scents, if you don't want to overwhelm everyone, because despite its beautiful scent this perfume is quite room filling and also very long-lasting, which some might find annoying with large diesel injection!

Yes, the scent is really recommendable for a test. But I have no idea where to find it, because as described at the beginning I tested the fragrance or the brand for the first time... :)
Well, I've come to the end again and wish you a nice evening. I hope you'll take a look at my next comment, as the world's best comment writer, mu ha ha ha ha ha :DD, is talking here right now!
10.0 10.0 7.5 7.0/10

In the bar
Oh. That drunkard. That alcoholic. He is drinking cognac and rum nonstop. This fragrance could uphold the board of the bar instead legs. You open a few bottles, put them on the floor, hoist the board above them, and the odor staggering out from the bottles will keep it in the air.
This fragrance is so strong! I really like it, the delicious aroma of patchouli. THE Patchouli. As a king. He is not democratic, it does not matter to him, what are you saying, he is just keep enouncing his judgements. As an emperor, he sits on a picant, metallic throne, and stays with you very long.

by jakdelind
by Serge
by Toreter
by Toreter

Popular Mazzolari

Nero by Mazzolari Lui by Mazzolari Lei by Mazzolari Alessandro by Mazzolari Vaniglia by Mazzolari Hartley by Mazzolari Mazzolari by Mazzolari Ambra by Mazzolari Vetiver by Mazzolari Sofia by Mazzolari Carolina by Mazzolari Musk by Mazzolari Augusto by Mazzolari Alchemico by Mazzolari Bergamotto Mediterraneo by Mazzolari Oriente by Mazzolari Le Rose by Mazzolari Marina by Mazzolari Fleurs d'Oranger by Mazzolari Oud by Mazzolari