Nero (2014)Eau de Parfum

Nero (Eau de Parfum) by Mazzolari

Top 68 in Men's Perfume
Nero (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Mazzolari for men and was released in 2014. The scent is fruity-fresh. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBlackcurrant, Bergamot, Apple, Pineapple
Heart Notes Heart NotesRose, Jasmine, Patchouli, Birch
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk, Vanilla

Submitted by Labormaus, last update on 31.07.2020.

Aventus clone, yes
But an imitation that surpasses the original. Very energetic positive scent, subtle smoke, fresh fruit and also the performance is really better than the current Aventusbatches.

I think the Mazzolari's also noticed that the fragrance has succeeded. They raised the prices drastically. I bought it in their boutique in Milan, the 100 ml bottle for 100 Euro, now it costs 130 Euro and in Germany 175 Euro.

I would put Nero ahead of Aventus any day
Aventus? Who is Aventus?
Great Italian with complimentary guarantee. Durability and silage better than the current Aventus Batch. Also available in the Essenza in Olio version, which I haven't been allowed to test yet. Unfortunately, this great fragrance seems to have a niche existence until now
Comparison
With this perfume probably only a comparison to the great Aventus is possible. Why not, Nero wants to be an Aventus, and in my opinion, almost is. The comparison here is based on a very new batch of Aventus, so enormously fruity and unfortunately hardly smoky and with no particularly good shelf life.

I find the top note of Nero to be clearly more animal, but this citric component runs through the entire fragrance but decreases significantly.
Nero then becomes very, very similar to his role model. I think that 95% of all people here would not notice any difference.
Personally, I find Nero a little less finely tuned, a little more aggressive and overall a nuance more fruity than the current Aventus batches. Smokiness I perceive only extremely minimally.

In terms of durability it is on my skin after about 3.5 hours close to the skin and after 5-6 hours only very slightly perceptible,
so he scores slightly better than his great role model.

All in all, if Creed doesn't quickly return to his old strength, I would absolutely recommend Nero. An amateur perfumer will never know the difference.
AnjaTom
If Aventus should ever be sold out...
...then this candidate here is a truly worthy replacement!
In my opinion, he comes closest to the "King" without Emperor Nero having to reinvent the clothes.
On the contrary, with Nero I have for the first time the feeling that the fragrance wants to be a clon! And he accomplishes this task like no other!

The scent:

Starts almost identical to Aventus (depending on the batch more or less fruity), is a bit smokier compared to my batch and is a bit more powdery/ vanilla in the base than Aventus!
Exactly there we would be also already with the grain where in my opinion Aventus the nose before has. The more fruity Drydown I simply like better than the more powdery one from Nero!
In summer I would therefore always prefer Aventus...spring makes itself the somewhat softer base of the Nero certainly better...but there I have other alternatives.
But that we understand each other correctly...this is really whining on a high level!!

Conclusion:

Nero of Mazzolari can do something...much more than the so-called cheap Dupes ala L´Aventue etc....he never seems cheap or easy...he snakes close to his role model! Class!

But as long as I get my Aventus at a cheaper price I wouldn't see any reason to buy it because of the almost 95% similarity. Yes, if you have Aventus you don't need Nero and the other way around!!
Still: Hats off!!

Supplement! A topic I had completely forgotten but for everyone here is certainly not insignificant:
Durability / Perception:

Here I must admit enviously that the Nero here the nose slightly in front has!!
But I can't determine whether it's the actual durability or the personal perception. Just this point is different for everyone.

When niche goes wrong
The opening of Nero is quite odd at first, you basically have this green lime and fresh minty herbs blended with something warm, fruity and tropical, which kind of reminded me of Azzaro Chrome at first. It's the pineapple – a note which I personally do not really get, this meaning I don't get its point in perfumery and I always (always!) find it out of place and stinky, but that is a matter of personal taste. Here, pineapple results in a sort of warm, bread-ish, sweetish and a bit sickening note halfway ginger, pollen, resins, with this "tropical" juicy heart and also some "vegetable" hints, like the smell of red pepper. I honestly almost get no patchouli at all at first, except for a green-hearty feel at the very base. As minutes pass and the horrid fruity note(s) vanish Nero gets a bit better, finally ending on a decent herbal patchouli accord, dry and a bit generic, with a sweetish-metallic breeze all around (same depth, feel and quality of most low-mid masculine designer scents in my opinion). Persistence is great at least, but apart from that, sadly a "no" for me.

4,5-5/10

by 3rdear
by 3rdear
by 3Lv3
by 3Lv3
by DrStiff
by DrStiff

Popular Mazzolari

Patchouly / Patchouli (Eau de Parfum) by Mazzolari Hartley by Mazzolari Lui by Mazzolari Lei by Mazzolari Vaniglia by Mazzolari Alessandro by Mazzolari Mazzolari by Mazzolari Alchemico by Mazzolari Vetiver by Mazzolari Sofia (Eau de Parfum) by Mazzolari Augusto by Mazzolari Ambra by Mazzolari Oriente by Mazzolari Bergamotto Mediterraneo by Mazzolari Le Rose (Eau de Parfum) by Mazzolari Oud by Mazzolari Carolina by Mazzolari Fleurs d'Oranger by Mazzolari Musk (Eau de Parfum) by Mazzolari Elena (Eau de Parfum) by Mazzolari