Cuirs Nomades - African Leather (2015)

Cuirs Nomades - African Leather by Memo

Cuirs Nomades - African Leather is a popular perfume by Memo for women and men and was released in 2015. The scent is spicy-leathery. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Bergamot, Cardamom, Saffron, Cumin, Geranium absolute, Patchouli, Oud, Leather accord, Vetiver, Musk

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 13.01.2020.

10.0 7.0 7.0 8.0/10

N471v3
That's what Africa smells like! Expectations more than fulfilled!
A few months ago I almost bought a bottle from African Leather. The product simply gave me a dream, I hoped that it was an interesting, attractive and special, sweet cardamom scent.
But first, it was a tester bottle, which I don't like. Secondly, there was a bit of fear that it would be a too dark leathery Nichen scent, which I would not be able to wear in everyday life.

Now, many months later, I could finally get a sample! Thanks to the nice "Winter18" for that! (:

I had the feeling that I had to apply the contents of this wonderful tester (the printed folding paper alone is a feast for the eyes...) directly to my skin. No paper strip safety test, therefore. ;P

And yes, I was very pleasantly surprised! :)

Indeed, it reveals a very good and pleasant fragrance that immediately reminds me of the savannah. Okay, admittedly, no, I haven't been there yet. But the olfactory picture that is painted to me symbolizes the elements so beautifully.
The opening is beautifully seasoned by the cardamom, which I like very much. Because it is not pepper or the like, however, not too sharp, and so it embeds itself beautifully into the overall structure. For me, the overall structure is a velvety-sweet carpet, with a supple yet slightly rough, wild attitude. I imagine it like stroking a giraffe and its fur being a bit bristly, drawn by the dusty everyday life in the tropical desert country.
Saffron, Oud and Patchouli expand the structure with a cocoa-like, dusty-soft powder cloud in which everything fits together well and interacts with each other.

African Leather reminds me also very strongly of the Tauer fragrances with the complicated name (Bla Bla Desert Marocain). But I find them a bit smoother and not quite as interesting to smell, whereby African Leather unfortunately screws the charming cardamom back more and more, and then approaches the Tauern almost too much - if I feel like it should have been more bergamot and cardamom. What, I just want to recreate La Nuit de L'Homme as Niche? I am not... ':D (Okay, caught...)
And yes, through bergamot, cardamom, vetiver, the piece has very light LNDL moments. Maybe the best Nichen approach to the topic LNDL so far, whereby it really doesn't want to be a clone or anything like that... so it's not like that then.

For me it also has short moments of reminiscence to Kenzo Jungle, but not that it somehow has similar notes, but rather that it expresses something similar, spreads a similar flair.

All in all a great fragrance, in price it doesn't give much away with Tauer, and both are quite expensive (approx. 235 / 100ml).

For the fact that a bottle will move in with me it will probably not be sufficient for the time being, since I have 1.5ml to enjoy for the time being, but can be that I cannot resist sometime. In any case a beautiful product, with much love to the detail, in the olfactory nuances as well as the affectionate presentation.

Unconditional N471v3 test recommendation!
8.0 8.0 8.0 8.5/10

Noun est omen
African Leather. And a predator decorated bottle. Full in the hand. Black gold. Head cinema on, nose on reception and go geht´s.

Since one learns from mistakes in the past, do not spray the whole bucket empty, but start with only one spray stroke :-) And that's enough to get one of the things Memo put together.
In fact, the expectations, fuelled by the naming and design of the bottle, are fully met. The scent or its sillage spreads in the bathroom. I could imagine one or the other perhaps too fast and too strong we are talking about a scent for alpha animals. Strong, masculine, dominant, setting signs. Nevertheless none of these Brutalos, which one tries in the first reflex immediately again (and usually in vain) to wash off with soap again.

The start with bergamot and cardamom simply sets the direction. The notes that gradually join are patchouli and oud, which would normally drift the fragrance into a very oriental corner. To avoid this, the Memo people have added a shaken amount of leather and musk and exactly this results in a mixture that makes this fragrance so special.
In everyday life with 3-4 sprayers, after one hour, the Sillage has become somewhat lighter, but loosely sufficient to fragrance a 3-metre radius, so if you leave an elevator car of average size, the passengers or newcomers have plenty of fragrance and conversation material. If you're sitting in an open-plan office, your neighbors can also enjoy themselves.

For me wearable all year round, for the ladies of our universe in my opinion less suitable, because the musk and leather chords simply give the fragrance a basic masculine note, in business a statement (can also be too much of a statement), in leisure time fully wearable, perfect for going out. Durability enormous, 12 hours are loosely inside, then however only on skin level smellable. African? Hmmm, I've never been to Africa before, that's why I don't have a direct odor comparison, but this slightly animal-like appeal, combined with oud and leather, could certainly fit there. Just as well as to an alpha animal in Central Europe.

Straker fragrance for strong guys!

Good Heavy Rich Balsamic
This is a good, solid, heavy, ambery, musky composition. Basically, it has all the good rich heavy stuff laid on in copious amounts. It had better at that price! Well, it does.

Toreter 20 months ago
Sweet fragance, longlasting and pleasant. I cant smell no leather, reminds me to Jacques Bogart Pour Homme......overpriced.+4
Hermesh 4 years ago
Spicy sweetish leather with dusty, earthy, slightly animalistic patchouli. Quite pleasant!+4
9.0

by FFL
by Gwiazdka72
by Gwiazdka72

Popular Memo

Cuirs Nomades - Irish Leather by Memo Cuirs Nomades - Italian Leather by Memo Les Echappées - Lalibela by Memo Cuirs Nomades - French Leather by Memo Les Echappées - Shams Oud / Shams by Memo Les Echappées - Granada by Memo Les Echappées - Manoa by Memo Jannat (2008) (Eau de Parfum) by Memo Graines Vagabondes - Kedu by Memo Siwa (2007) by Memo Sundance by Memo Les Echappées - Inlé by Memo Cuirs Nomades - Russian Leather by Memo Les Echappées - Luxor Oud by Memo Art Land - Winter Palace by Memo Les Echappées - Quartier Latin by Memo Graines Vagabondes - Ilha do Mel by Memo Eau de Memo by Memo Cuirs Nomades - Moon Fever / Moon Safari by Memo Art Land - Marfa by Memo