Cuirs Nomades - Irish Leather (2013)Eau de Parfum

Cuirs Nomades - Irish Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Memo

Cuirs Nomades - Irish Leather (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Memo for women and men and was released in 2013. The scent is leathery-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Pink pepper, Clary sage, Juniper berry, Green mate absolute, Sweet vernal grass, Iris concrete, Tonka bean absolute, Leather accord, Birch, Amber accord

Submitted by WRoth, last update on 16.02.2020.

9.0 7.0 9.0 8.5/10

The special all-rounder
"Hey kid... hit this stuff here... this is real solid stuff, wild leather... chuck Norris' undershirt smells like a powdered baby's bottom," the salesman said.
Well, perhaps he did not say it exactly in that way, but the spirit of it went in that direction. So I sprayed the story on myself and found it breathtakingly beautiful, but contrary to my expectations not at all leathery, wild and "tough guys"-like.
The opening is extremely fresh and very green due to the juniper (which, by the way, I can only tolerate as a note in this perfume). In fact, the scent creates the image of a meadow wet with morning dew at sunrise, where a few horses trot around leisurely and eat grass. I've never been to Ireland, but in Iceland I often came across such scenes and it actually smelled similar, unless memory serves me wrong.
Later on, the perfume loses this natural morning freshness and gets a tea-like, very soft, almost cosy feeling due to the mate dominating the course of the fragrance.

In the end, the overall composition is incredibly coherent, the sillage not too obtrusive, but extremely stable and long-lasting. This makes it the perfect all-rounder for me, which I can wear at any time of the year, day or night and for any occasion. It's not a great corner, feels quite comfortable and yet wears something extraordinary that stands out from most mainstreamers.
Even if it is not what I expected, I simply had to have this perfume. Since then it accompanies me pleasantly on days when I don't know what I want to wear and reminds me of my holidays in Iceland
(If Memo puts out another "Icelandic Leather" now, I'll go crazy)
6.0 7.0 7.0 7.5/10

Leko
The fresh and green-fruity leather is well seasoned
"The egg-laying wool-milk perfume," as commentator Frankincense described it, sums it up. In short, Irish Leather is a complex fragrance that covers a lot. If there are also focal points in the seasons, I would recommend the fragrance for the whole year, with a slight tendency towards the quieter seasons. However, since a beautiful, tart freshness resonates, a summer suitability would be given.

I would add floral in the diagram, besides rich greenish-fruity, which would be another argument for spring and summer. I find the spiciness of this leather scent to be above average, which gives it a pizzazz.

Due to the green and floral note, I would also assume a slight sweetness, but by far not as much as with Godolphin, La Y. and TL. Anyway, Irish Leather is much more spicy, which makes the scent not so heavy. Instead of heaviness, however, complexity. A unisex suitability is clearly given.
Compared to Cuir Intense by Guerlain, Irish Leather is a much greener and fruitier candidate, but leather comes through better and more clearly with Cuir
I like the Irish Leather scent, but leather is almost a minor matter due to the spice, green and fruit Nevertheless a really nice leather interpretation.
10.0 7.0 8.0 8.0/10

Weihrauch
The egg legend wool milk perfume
Dear Fragrance Community, Dear Mrs. Massenet, Dear Company Memo,

for more than 16 months now I am more than intensively on my fragrance journey. Since I lack the money and the space for almost 50-100 flacons (I am also a very impatient person), I switched my limit to 10 flacons!
Difficult? Definitely!
If you also have a very "broad" scented taste, it gets hairy. Difficult? Definitely!
If you don't know exactly on which specific fragrances you want to focus, it becomes dangerous. Difficult? You say it, definitely!
If you also want to have fragrances that are also worth their money in terms of performance...oh, let's leave that...

Memo Paris is a niche perfume house from...mhhh...Paris, which focuses on olfactory journeys and the memories (French mémoire) associated with them. I think the associated marketing with old suitcases is ingenious!

The leather scents from the Cuir Nomades series did not let me go already at the beginning of my fragrance journey. The idea of combining leather facets with impressions and themes from different countries is a great one.

But why now Irish Leather?

Have I ever been to Ireland? No.
Am I allergic to horses? Yes.
Does the fragrance show the (for me) most beautiful top note? Yes.
Does the fragrance simply combine everything I expect from a faithful all-rounder? Yes! Namely, to be fresh and green but at the same time spicy and striking through the leather.
Does the fragrance remain true to its style until the end, without drifting into the soggy, heavy, sweet or even boring woody? Yes, definitely!
Does the fragrance also provide a pleasant sillage and durability without causing headaches? You notice yourself or?
I would like to mention one fragrance in particular here again, namely juniper! This one is as fresh and spicy as only Erik Kormann did in "Abrakabarber", great!

As you can see I am full of euphoria for the Irish leather, even though I have already "digested" 15ml of filling in the last months.

Also the other fragrances from this series I will look at in the future very carefully, who knows...maybe 6 flacons are enough for me? ;)

Thanks for reading!

Your Moritz!

**** leather
Irish Leather opens with a bitter, minty green-citrus accord of lime, juniper berries, something peppery and something fruity on the base (bitter-fruity, like berries), and as for Italian Leather, a depressing, microscopic "leather" accord built on a mediocre smell of synthetic burnt rubber. Here (luckily, perhaps) this "leather" note is however oppressed by the head pepper-juniper-citral accord, which lasts for hours. If you're into leather scents, compare this to any - even the worst - vintage leather scent and laugh hard ("laugh for not cry"). Outrageous price tag.

4/10
2.5 5.0 5.0/10

Tweed Leather
Green grass, fresh cucumber, birch. A soapy leather similar to Grand Cuir. Well blended and soft. Sillage and lasting power are minimal. The bottle is appropriate for a leather touched by Ireland: fresh and green tweed suit with old oiled leather boots.

by Ovaissaleem
by Ovaissaleem
by Weihrauch
by Weihrauch
by Boszka79
by Boszka79
Metallschild des Flakons

Popular Memo

Cuirs Nomades - Italian Leather by Memo Cuirs Nomades - African Leather by Memo Les Echappées - Lalibela by Memo Cuirs Nomades - French Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Memo Les Echappées - Shams Oud / Shams by Memo Les Echappées - Granada by Memo Les Echappées - Manoa by Memo Jannat (2008) (Eau de Parfum) by Memo Graines Vagabondes - Kedu by Memo Siwa (2007) by Memo Sundance by Memo Art Land - Winter Palace by Memo Cuirs Nomades - Russian Leather by Memo Les Echappées - Inlé by Memo Les Echappées - Luxor Oud by Memo Les Echappées - Quartier Latin by Memo Graines Vagabondes - Ilha do Mel by Memo Eau de Memo by Memo Cuirs Nomades - Moon Fever / Moon Safari by Memo Art Land - Marfa (Eau de Parfum) by Memo