Eau de Memo (2017)

Eau de Memo by Memo

Eau de Memo is a popular perfume by Memo for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is leathery-fresh. It is still in production.

Bergamot, Lemon, Jasmine, Green tea, Saffron, Leather, Iris, White musk, Moss

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 10.11.2019.

9.0 7.0 7.0 9.0/10

Skin water
Colognes are my great passion, fragrances with a postmodern leather note I rather like less. This is where both come together. I appreciate very much the so called leather scents of old tradition, which were originally supposed to cover with ambergris, animal notes (Zibet, Bibergeil, musk) and spicy woody notes of traditional leather processing (in this style: Knize Ten, Hermès Bel Ami, Chanel Cuir de Russie, Roja Fetish pour Homme etc.).), but I don't appreciate the newer synthetic leather notes, which remind me of Verloursleder (known especially for the reasonably successful Tuscan Leather and its offshoots) and which have been flooding the fragrance market for some years now.
This characteristic leather note also appears more frequently in Memo, but is varied ambitiously, so that many fragrances show original characteristics.

I find Eau de Memo particularly exciting and almost outstanding, because this is a Cologne that shows all the characteristics of a classic Cologne water in its top note, but then very quickly presents an initially subtle leather note that later becomes more and more present. This is a very original combination (Kölnisch Wässer, which contain a dark, heavy component I once called "Schwarze Colognes": see under my collections) and find it particularly innovative.
The inclined tester expects a light, citrus-fresh, neroli bergamot scent with herbaceous components from a Cologne. When a dark, warm note is added, this creates exciting contrasts that can enliven the tradition of the Kölnisch Wässer. The leather and saffron are very good for this.

In addition to the lemon bergamot note at the beginning and the leather accord in the heart and base, the characteristic lime green, slightly powdery note of green tea and subtle floral and spicy accents are easily recognisable in this fragrance. The price, however, is high and turns a purchase into a small investment. That's why I thank Zauber600 so much for increasing my stocks by a few milliliters
8.0 8.0 9.0/10

Memo ftw
I just repaired my 40 year old Ford Mustang at 30 degrees in the shade of my backyard garage. Leather seats neatly polished natural. Upper body free understands itself. When everything was fragrant I bit lemon to cool off, drank my perfectly balanced and meanwhile cooled green tea, threw over the loose leather jacket and helped my wife to pick the flowers in the garden. I don't know what to say. Now I have to go away... suddenly I have to fulfill my husbandly duties, if you understand what I mean ;)

Eau de Memo by Memo
Eau de Memo opens with a tangy citrus note which fades pretty quickly living behind a predominant leather note with touches of tea. It is like having a piece of leather and soaking it in citrus tea. An interesting smell with a good leathery vibe. Smelling my hand, I feel like citrus, leather and tea are hitting each other to get in front. They appear and disappear one by one.
In the heart of the perfume I was expected iris to hit me in the face. No way. Somewhere in the back a pale note of iris can be smelled. It is a hidden note behind the leather. It gives a creamy facet to the composition.
The base is about leather and musk.
For me this is not an oriental-floral perfume. It is a leathery scent with tea and citrus. The perfume has a moderate sillage and good longevity. It is sexy and luxurious. The bottle is also very cute.
If you want to try a fragrance with leather, tea and citrus, you can choose Eau de Memo.

Pietros921 2 years ago
A summer version of Reflection Man , great great summer office scent BUT doesn't last long on my skin unfortunatly+3

by Zauber600
by Zauber600

Popular Memo

Cuirs Nomades - Irish Leather by Memo Cuirs Nomades - Italian Leather by Memo Cuirs Nomades - African Leather by Memo Les Echappées - Lalibela by Memo Cuirs Nomades - French Leather by Memo Les Echappées - Shams Oud / Shams by Memo Les Echappées - Granada by Memo Les Echappées - Manoa by Memo Graines Vagabondes - Kedu by Memo Siwa (2007) by Memo Sundance by Memo Jannat (2008) (Eau de Parfum) by Memo Les Echappées - Inlé by Memo Cuirs Nomades - Russian Leather by Memo Les Echappées - Luxor Oud by Memo Les Echappées - Quartier Latin by Memo Graines Vagabondes - Ilha do Mel by Memo Cuirs Nomades - Moon Fever / Moon Safari by Memo Art Land - Winter Palace by Memo Art Land - Marfa by Memo