Gula by Memoize

Gula is a new perfume by Memoize for women and men and was released in 2018. The scent is woody-oriental. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesSweet orange, Galbanum, Lavender
Heart Notes Heart NotesClove, Red thyme, Jasmine
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwood, Vetiver, Vanilla, Black musk

Submitted by AmyAmy, last update on 25.03.2019

8.0 8.0 8.0 10.0/10

Greatly helpful Review
Delicate euphony in minor

I assure kann´s, the evening was not funny. The samples went through the pre-test on paper, after which I usually choose the scents I want to comment on and wear. The hit rate for the eight fragrances was high, it was 100%. Not that eight descriptions might scare me off, but eight spontaneous purchase requests at this price might. Well, the number quickly corrected downwards and in general: you have to keep your cool and so on. And above all, take a close look at the whole thing. I do. At Memoize with the greatest pleasure even. For those who like elegant, dark, resinous and woody scents, I can only recommend a Coffret for testing purposes.

Test surface hand:
A storybook progression. All the fragrances listed here are recognizable, only: where does the plum note come from after about an hour? Everything beautiful and slightly sweet.

Wear result neck:
The rehearsal vial pressed, which the index finger gave away, but I have the feeling that the sillage remains reserved. Funny, where does the smell come from when I enter the room again after 15 minutes? The shelf life of "Gula" includes the duration of one day.

I find the prelude to kneeling down. The orange note is neither light nor sweet, but is immediately surrounded by lavender and a dark, dry and woody coat. This reminds me of bitter chocolate with orange, but here, in contrast to other perfumes, quite unsweet. I don't perceive the galbanum and floral notes. Mr. A. on the other hand finds this green resinous note (Galbanum) on me quite great.

I don't smell anything of a plum note on me, but the thyme is clearly distributed in "gula" with a slight spiciness. Supplies large areas with herbal spices that blend well into the picture. Sometimes I think I smell a little oud, an illusion I like. The end of "Gula" is determined by a dark sandalwood note, which is a bit spiced up with vetiver and therefore does not appear too heavy.

I wouldn't judge the perfume to be really cuddly-soft or comfortable. I would classify it as a woody fragrance of the elegant upper league with gourmand loans. This is a scent of humiliation for me in any case, even if my perception seems to fade out many details. Just süperb.

Popular Memoize

Luxuria by Memoize Tristitia by Memoize Era by Memoize Black Avaritia by Memoize Gula by Memoize Avaritia by Memoize Superbia by Memoize Invidia by Memoize Caritas by Memoize Rose Luxuria by Memoize Patientia by Memoize Castitas by Memoize White Castitas by Memoize Humanitas by Memoize Temperantia by Memoize Humilitas by Memoize Imperia by Rowan Row by Memoize Industria by Memoize