Odori d'Anima – Archetipo 2017

Odori d'Anima – Archetipo by Mendittorosa
Bottle Design Stefania Squeglia
Odori d'Anima – Archetipo is a popular perfume by Mendittorosa for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is woody-resinous. It is still available to purchase.

Luca Maffei

Top Notes Top NotesFir balsam, Pink pepper, Frankincense
Heart Notes Heart NotesBushman's candle
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Java vetiver, Cashmere wood, Labdanum, Black amber, Oakmoss

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 05.05.2021.

Niche to the core
Wonderfully made, dark woody scent with lots of black amber. I can't compare this perfume to anything else and I can't classify it very well...coniferous woods, the - luckily - not churchy smoke, the cold stone smell in the background, first dark and a bit difficult but then softer and softer, getting lighter and lighter. I would definitely have tipped for musk in the base but it is probably not possible. From head to heart there is something mysterious about it until it gets brighter, calmer and more popular in the base
Nosorius
At the foot of the volcano
While searching for a skin scent I came across the South of Mendittorosa and read a lot about the scents of this less known brand. As a result I simply had to order samples of South, Alfa and Archetipo - and I must say it was worth it! All three are really beautiful fragrance experiences and none like the other.
But now to the Archetipo: The start is already wooded, whereby quite fast something smoky-earthy is added to it, which then also further on shapes the picture. Spontaneously it reminded me of Terroni from Orto Parisi. Anyway, I have red, volcanic earth in front of my eyes or nose. Maybe a little shale, too. With Terroni such a red wine note is added, here it becomes rather woody and warmer as the fragrance develops. But there remains fine, spicy smoke and I mean to smell oakmoss, especially in the later fragrance. A really beautiful incense scent, which is thank God not so heavy and penetrating, as when the priest lets it really crack at Easter and the lambs are standing or kneeling in rows shortly before fainting. This one is much lighter but still serious. And it is not ONLY incense, but always also earth and resin and some "green".
A wonderful fragrance with a great balance, which in my opinion should not deter anyone. Thanks to very nice durability and silage, neither loud nor too discreet, very portable. Noble and full of character.
To kneel down
One of the most beautiful aspects of our hobby is that once in a while, in an unenforceable way and at unpredictable intervals, fragrance experiences come over us that shake all our habits and reveal something so new and so beautiful that it urges us to cry with emotion.

Such moments are often triggered by the testing of completely unknown, never heard brands and names as gifts from exchange packages: You can't think of anything better than spraying this specimen down there from the box before going to work and then: BANG - you stand there as if struck by lightning. The last time I had such an experience was 13 months ago with "California Snow" by "A Lab on Fire", and as the reviews of that fragrance show, I am not alone in my impressions.

Thanks to the generosity of DufterMann the time has come again. Mendittorosa - never heard of, Archetipo - sounds quite interesting, but also quite self-confident. Sprayed on: BANG! WHAT - IN - THE - WORLD - IS - BECAUSE - THAT! That others share my impression in this case, too, is shown by the comments, especially the one by Floyd, which has been underestimated here so far.

A description of the fragrance is brief; I perceive a wonderful note of conifer, strong, spicy, fresh, which remotely reminds me of my beloved, but long used, first sample "Krizia Uomo" (the bottle I bought afterwards was disappointing - possibly reformulated or even fake); this is then gradually grounded, in the true sense of the word, by woody and telluric notes; but this is enchanted wood and the most delicious earth that can be imagined.

But this dry description doesn't mean anything, because it is one of those fragrances that cannot be put into words. This is pure nature as well as perfect artificiality; this is physicality as well as soul and spirit; this is an image as well as a theory.

What you can no longer say about, you should keep quiet.
Floyd
Of aesthetics, empty spaces and seemingly endless association spaces
The eye wants to smell, too. I admit that the exceptionally artistic and very aesthetic bottle was my first attraction. Then there is the name "Archetipo", which archetype should be drawn here? The reader's gaze wanders over the ingredients: How does the bushman candle, which grows in South Africa and bears its name, smell, as it serves as a fuel. And what on earth is a moonstone chord?
It creeps up on one the feeling that a literary void was deliberately set here, that association spaces should be opened: A prehistoric man in the semi-darkness of the Stone Age meanders in the diffuse light of a candle through the cloudy African bush. His gaze sees only what the small cone of light allows him to see, reddish-brown earth, (moon) stones, sparkling in the bluish moonlight, but what is beyond his field of vision remains unexplored to him, whether familiar land or danger. Now it is his sense of smell, which is sharpened, on which he must rely. Remote extinguished campfires, woods and various earths are its pilots.
The fragrance begins earthy, the fir balsam listed in the top note smells more like soft patchouli, minimally smoky. Gradually, the fragrance begins to clear up, becoming fresher and more resinous at the same time. The Labdanum resin, which is well perceptible for me and often glides into the leather in similar combinations, is kept in the amber area by the spicy cashmere wood, the amber and the green vetiver. Patchouli and oak moss provide for a near-earth balance, do not let the almost transparent, light, balsamic resin disappear into the foggy expanse of the room.
"Archetipo" is a rather quiet, slightly iridescent fragrance with an arm-long to body-hugging sillage and a shelf life of about seven to nine hours, which leaves plenty of room for personal interpretations. It is particularly suitable for spring and autumn, as it is rather fresh and without much sweetness, for the summer it may be too earthy.

Synthetic as heck
A terrible blind-buy that I regret so deeply because it's not cheap! I have tried this over and over again, and I am just not getting a lot from it aside from aromachemicals. This is a problem I have with this brand from what I have tried. Lots of aromachemicals with the other notes kind of buried in there somewhere. I don't know if it's Iso E Super that I am getting, or just a huge "cashmere wood" note, but it's very synthetic and bothersome. Awkwardly sweet too in a way that is gross and that I don't enjoy. I am definitely not getting any smoke from this fragrance. A hint of pine somewhere in there or at least an illusion of evergreen. A big, yucky note of calone--fake, weird, aquatic melon. This seems very amateuristic to me and not well-blended. A great concept, I was looking forward to a lovely forest fragrance, but this blend needs major help. I'd be open to selling this, if anyone wants it. It's not for me. Similar to Gincense, but imho Gincense is a much better fragrance, more complex and well though-out; which is ironic because actually Oliver is a self-taught amateur...however I love his fragrances immensely, and they don't seem so dependent upon aromachemicals to create the woody effects. The best thing about this fragrance is the bottle. (I just want to add that Kingston Ferry by Olympic Orchids is the same idea, evergreen forest with ocean nearby, but it's a far better fragrance than this and smells a lot more natural; plus the notes are more crisp/distinct)

by Kovex
by Nanina
by DeVulgares
by DeVulgares

Popular Mendittorosa

Talismans Collection - Le Mat by Mendittorosa Talismans Collection - Nettuno by Mendittorosa Odori d'Anima - Id by Mendittorosa Odori d'Anima - Alfa by Mendittorosa Odori d'Anima – Rituale by Mendittorosa Talismans Collection - Talento by Mendittorosa Talismans Collection - Osang by Mendittorosa Odori d'Anima – Omega by Mendittorosa Odori d'Anima – North by Mendittorosa Talismans Collection - Sirio by Mendittorosa Odori d'Anima – Lacura by Mendittorosa Talismans Collection - Sogno Reale by Mendittorosa Odori d'Anima – South by Mendittorosa Daymon by Mendittorosa Odori d'Anima - Ithaka by Mendittorosa Odori d'Anima - Orlo by Mendittorosa Talismans Collection - Athanor by Mendittorosa