Mercedes-Benz Le Parfum 2015

Mercedes-Benz Le Parfum by Mercedes-Benz
Mercedes-Benz Le Parfum is a popular perfume by Mercedes-Benz for men and was released in 2015. The scent is leathery-woody. It is being marketed by INCC Parfums. Pronunciation

Olivier Cresp

Top Notes Top NotesItalian bergamotItalian bergamot Pink pepperPink pepper Cascalone®Cascalone®
Heart Notes Heart NotesViolet leaf absoluteViolet leaf absolute GalbanumGalbanum SaffronSaffron
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouliPatchouli VetiverVetiver OudOud Canary Islands juniperCanary Islands juniper AmbergrisAmbergris

Submitted by Grazia, last update on 05.06.2022.

Rquill67
Gobs of Leather... it's a LOVE for me!
I must admit, I never expect much from either a celebrity fragrance or when a car company makes a fragrance. Having said that, there are some fragrances in the Ferrari and Bentley line-up that have surprised me. This is my first fragrance from Mercedes-Benz and I am pleasantly surprised. Could be in my top 10 of designer leathers; even though there is no leather note!

This opens strong, with gobs of leather; there is no leather note so I’m not sure why or how this happens?; there’s definitely a green accord and in fact the opening reminds me exactly of Tom Ford Ombre Leather. Then as this fragrance starts to dry down I get a light woody / paper / rubber vibe, (I do not smell any Oud), and finally a light green-floral with saffron and amber in the base. The sweetness is there all the way from the opening, into the mid and then the dry-down. The sweetness is dry not gooey.

This is a beautiful fragrance and glad I added to my collection; that said, it's an EDP concentration and I expect a little more than 4 - 6 hours for an EDP. This fragrance also sits close to the skin. All that said, I think this is absolutely great and I give it a 9 / 10. This will be a winter go-to for me. Pick this one up gentlemen! Highly recommend!
Could Signature...
Most of my collection actually comes from blind buying. Many of the fragrances simply don't give you the opportunity to try them out on the market. Also not in duty-free at the airport. There you will find mainly only the current mainstream (with a few exceptions).
So that's how Le Parfum came to me as a blind buy. And in this case again a real direct hit. The balance of the ingredients in the fragrance composition is really on a non-level for me. The citric opening always remains well recognizable over the whole course, later almost more as Earl Grey Teenote. I think it's great. Violet leaf and oud are so well woven in for me that I couldn't smell them individually - maybe that's the leather component. Patchouli, vetiver and cedar result in a very beautiful woody overall composition. Everything together simply very noble, male - simply has class. Fits just as well to a suit as to a fancy leather jacket.
I catch myself wearing the scent, now that it is getting a bit cooler again, almost every day. It's (almost) becoming my signature scent right now. Let's see if he makes it.

Carlitos01
How is it like to drive the Mercedes "Le Parfum"?
It's not just any kind of perfume. It's "Le Parfum", the apparent top of line model developed by Mercedes Benz. So, I imagined it to be a kind of perfume for the Mercedes S-series.
At first sight, I had no problems with the finishing and the bodywork. Le Parfum is presented in a very nice leathery case and the bottle is solid and nice to look at, with a good cap and atomiser.
My biggest curiosity was about the engine, or the juice if you like. With Polge as the engineer, it looked quite promising, probably with plenty of horsepower and making us enjoy a pleasant and comfortable drive.

I used it for a few days, not letting anyone know I was wearing the three-pointed star Mercedes-Benz Le Parfum.
My wife - not an oud scent lover at all - just asked me: "Are you using another Middle Eastern oud fragrance? I'm not sure if I like it.... In any case, it's different from the other oriental stinkers you have".
My daughter was blunt and direct as always: "Dad, are you wearing another old man's scent picked from the back of your wardrobe?
At work, my partner commented, "That's a strong stuff... much too strong for me! That's a "cabaret" scent! What kind of perverted things are you up to tonight?"
Well! I don't love it, but I like it! It's masculine, but not overly masculine; it has a decent power; it's more versatile than most oud fragrances I own, reasonably elegant and even a bit sexy. But it's not an unchallenged, radiant, three-pronged fragrance star!

It opens with bergamot and pink pepper. This phase seems overly fresh and aquatic. That's a bit unnatural for this kind of fragrance. That happens probably due to the overuse of Cascalone, an ingredient that has been manufactured or synthesised in a laboratory. It just doesn't convince my nose... Is Oliver Cresp trying a few tricks in the manner of Alberto Morillas? The resulting watery and fruity undertones seem a little out of place in this type of perfume.
As the fragrance progresses, we notice a strong violet leaf aroma, which for me, forms the signature of Mercedes-Benz Le Parfum together with the oud note. The unnatural freshness of the opening is now rounded off by a more natural violet leaf freshness. Polge probably wanted to recreate the chic ambience of a luxury-class Mercedes. On the other hand, the saffron note is also quite noticeable and blends with a scent reminiscent of leather. Okay, now I understand! Polge has added powerful air conditioning and real leather seats to this Mercedes-Benz Le Parfum. I just don't understand well which of the listed notes are responsible for this leather accord.
The base accords are quite predictable, with some amber and vetiver in a woody / oudy frame that lasts until dry down. It is unsurprising but pleasant and almost seductive. I like this dry down "finishing" even if it is not unique.
As a final remark, I can honestly say that I like this Mercedes a bit more than the ordinary noses around me. This is tantamount to saying that I have some new car scent haters around me who don't really care about riding this Mercedes vehicle.

Let's give a full drive test rating to this Mercedes:
___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
- Opening: 7.0 (not really offensive, but less Cascalone would help).
- Dry Down: 8.5 (consistent leathery and oud woody dry down).
- Longevity: 8.0 (up to 7~8 hours on my skin, with 3 sprays).
- Sillage: 7.0 (the sillage extends over a 5 feet radius and projects for about 2.0 hours or so).
- Versatility: 8.0 (surprisingly, it's quite versatile, unfolding better in spring and autumn but remaining pleasant on winter days and summer nights).
- Usability: 7.0 (it's not a fragrance you can use almost anywhere; there is some transactional conflict between the fresh opening and the woody base; as a result, this fragrance is neither fresh nor typically leathery oudy or woody).
- Compliments: 7.0 (It pleases more men than women. They smell elegant and clean, that's it).
- Uniqueness: 9.0 (due to its tangled blend, it is quite unique; the saffron-leather accord is a bit weak in my opinion. It does not justify the comparison made by several reviewers between Mercedes-Benz Le Parfum and perfumes like Tuscan Leather Eau de Parfum, La Yuqawam pour Homme and Godolphin. It is not as leathery pleasant as these three fragrances).
- Quality: 8.5 (The fragrance ingredients quality is above average despite the opening synthetic note remarked. It bears a quality presentation, with a sturdy glass bottle, a heavy cap, a good sprayer, as well as an unusual well-crafted fake leather case).
- Presentation: 9.0 (Beautiful case, flask and cap).
- Price: 6.5 (€ 60 for 120 ml? The juice is not worth it. You are paying for the leathery case and the Mercedes name as well. I bought my flask on sale for €45).
___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
- Average: 7.81/10.00
between 7 and 8 => above average;
between 8 and 9 => recommended;
equal or bigger than 9 => don't miss it;

Opinion on "Le Parfum":
Nice bodywork and finishes but an "engine" a bit below expectations. You can do much better with the same amount of money. As I am an Oud sucker, I like it better than the common John or Jane Doe.
Recommended? Not really! Unless, like me, you are an oud collector or fancy the high standard perfume presentation.
Is a blind buy worthy? Of course not!

Music: Janis Joplin "Mercedes Benz"

Carlitos01Carlitos01 4 years ago
Nice bodywork and finishes but an "engine" below expectations and fake leather seats. You can buy a better car with the same money amount.
HermeshHermesh 6 years ago
Sweetish leather with slightly fruity-berry undertone and synthetic fresh (violet)-note. Not so original, but otherwise quite ok.

by Shivsri13
by Shivsri13

Popular by Mercedes-Benz

Club Black by Mercedes-Benz Mercedes-Benz Cologne by Mercedes-Benz Select Night by Mercedes-Benz Select by Mercedes-Benz Mercedes-Benz Man Private by Mercedes-Benz Mercedes-Benz Intense by Mercedes-Benz VIP Club - Black Leather by Mercedes-Benz Club Extreme by Mercedes-Benz Mercedes-Benz for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Mercedes-Benz Mercedes-Benz for Women by Mercedes-Benz Mercedes-Benz Man by Mercedes-Benz Mercedes-Benz Woman In Red by Mercedes-Benz Select Day by Mercedes-Benz Mercedes-Benz Rose by Mercedes-Benz Mercedes-Benz Man Intense by Mercedes-Benz VIP Club - Pure Woody by Mercedes-Benz Mercedes-Benz Silver by Mercedes-Benz Club by Mercedes-Benz VIP Club - Infinite Spicy by Mercedes-Benz The Move by Mercedes-Benz