Mercedes-Benz Cologne (2016)

Mercedes-Benz Cologne by Mercedes-Benz

Mercedes-Benz Cologne is a popular perfume by Mercedes-Benz for men and was released in 2016. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It was last marketed by INCC Parfums / I.N.C.C. Group.

Olivier Cresp

Top Notes Top NotesGrapefruit, Mandarin, Brazilian orange, Pink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesGinger, Verbena
Base Notes Base NotesBlond woods, Vetiver, Musk

Submitted by Michael, last update on 05.11.2019.

8.0 7.0 8.0 9.0/10

Love Takes Time... Sometimes
Although October is today was me after this fragrance. I think I just fell in love again and I have to write this down immediately in a comment...

We had anything but a good start. I had the MB Cologne on my watchlist because of the good rating and tested it for the first time this spring. After a few minutes on my skin I pulled the phone and immediately removed it from my list - I found it far too citric.

In the course of the next few hours I had to sniff the back of my hand again and again and was increasingly surprised by the development, which was very positive. As the citrus notes fade away, one increasingly recognizes slightly spicy notes (ginger, verbena?) and very fine woody notes. But there's much more to it than that, which arouses an enthusiasm in me like only a few freshies. Cotton notes, balsamic freshness... is that the vetiver? Anyway, the whole thing is more than the buzzer of its parts.

Conclusion: At the end of the day I even ordered the MB Cologne. Now he's back on my list under "Have I" ;-) And now I even like the quirky start... very even!!!

Shelf life: For a Freshy really good (6-8 hours)
Sillage: Can't reach Aqva Amara now, but can be seen and smelled.
Flacon: I'm not a Mercedes fan, but I still like the flacon ;-) It is of high quality in the hand and the colourful design is very appealing.

9.0 7.0 7.0 9.0/10

Benz SL - C, like Cabrio or Cologne
Yeah, that's how I imagine a Mercedes convertible: Noble, without beads, spoilers and fake exhaust pipes - just straight out, open, honest and beautiful. Is there no more? Now summer convertible scent they can still... Mercedes Cologne is a naturally aromatic, citric fresh and bitter scent with orange. The course is quite linear. P/H is above average for this genre. The bottle is very solid, with massive capsule, neat sprayer in chic summer blue. Approx. 55 € for 120 ml is a fair offer - I think of beloved Amalfi from TF... (make a shy comparison here too?). Often difficult to obtain - speaks for itself. Conclusion: For me, with the best summer scent - wearable on any occasion. Thank you. I'll take care of it
9.0 7.0 7.0 9.0/10

The Valencian Amalfi
If Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi corresponds to a Maldives holiday, the MB Cologne stands for a trip to the port city on Spain's east coast.

Not so exclusive in price but nevertheless it spreads carefree summer vibes between citric fruits and wooden palms.

We are dealing with a summer fragrance that has an average shelf life for unbelievably little money and comes across as extremely fresh. The resemblance to DHC is not to be denied but nevertheless we do it wrong when we put it in the shade of the great Dior fragrance. Because this can also be sprayed at high temperatures and has a similar Sillage.

The interplay between bitter grapefruit and sweet mandarin simply fits into the (for me) most beautiful time of the year. A chic, blue bottle with a Mercedes star as lid is a perfect match. In the further course the woods and vervain appear, which results in a stylish finish.
Definitely for everyone to recommend unreservedly. For the warm hours in the spare time, vacation or everyday life wonderfully suitably, this is a Preisknaller which looks for its Gleichen.

9.0 6.0 6.0 7.0/10

Fresh21
The beautiful and the ... Original !
Because my Nick program is, Dior Homme Cologne was able to assert itself quite fast as my signature scent. Therefore I wear it frequently and have it always there - in 200ml King size, of course ;-) But even though the king of Dior is not a dwarf when it comes to fruit, a beautiful playmate who smells very similar has recently joined in. Her name is Mercedes and she also comes from the realms of Cologne.

Yes, "approx. 70% like DHC" I can also attest her, but the fruitiness of MBC is not quite as deep and juicy as that of the grapefruit king. But she flirts with a slightly synthetic-sweetish top note, which gives the whole thing a lovely kick, clearly originates in the orange, and is perceptible over the entire course of the fragrance.

On the other hand, I can hardly hear anything about pink pepper or ginger at all, and the base notes do not carry much weight either. But the beautiful Mercedes shines with a simple, but very attractive bottle, which I like to take in the change to the Dior in my hand.

Actually I place the two next to each other, one roundish, the other angular, even

the beautiful and the ... Original ;-)
8.0 9.0 10.0 10.0/10

Freshly pressed
A hammer this fragrance. Somebody said if we do it right. That's how simple life is when you focus on the essentials. It smells uncompromisingly of lemons and mandarins. No more, no less. A fragrance for every age group and every occasion during the day. I wouldn't prefer it in the evening but the smell is too "awake".
7.0 6.0 6.0 9.0/10

A wonderful Cologne towards Dior Homme Cologne/Sport
This Cologne finally went into my collection last month. I finally managed to get this one. It hasn't been that easy. Every time I wanted to order some scents, it was out of stock. Well, finally he's here. At a very, very fair price. Below 30 Euro for 75ml, the larger version of 120ml is available for 40 Euro. Great price and fair for the quality. He is quite well known for a Mercedes, as the similarity to DHC was often thematized on Youtube and other platforms.
There are many prejudices about car brands as perfume brands. I had them at first, too, but I took them off. Jaguar, Bentley, Ferrari and also Mercedes Benz have really strong and inexpensive fragrances in their assortment. Partly at drugstore prices and partly at low designer prices.
With Olivier Cresp, Mercedes has landed an interesting perfumer who really does a solid job and has developed some fragrances for this brand. Quite worth testing.

The bottle is nothing really special, but looks very chic. Great glass and great light blue color. It's great in the hand. The lid is then typically Mercedes with Mercedes star.
Olivier Cresp is also a perfumer here, who has also developed a Versace Eau Fraiche fragrance twin mentioned here. Even if it is rather a twin of Dior Homme Cologne/Sport (2008), some similarities to Versace can be seen.
The opening starts with a lot of citric freshness. A noble high-quality citrus note that comes very close to Dior Homme Sport. A very noble citrus freshness. I also own this Dior and I appreciate it very much. But he's also a twin of Dior Homme Cologne. There's no denying the resemblance. Especially the nice tart grapefruit note. In addition there are juicy orange and mandarin. Very fresh and tasty. The ginger note is only subtly perceptible and subordinates itself to citrus. For a long time an almost exclusively citrus fragrance. Later vervain and woods are used. The musk in the base is later only discreetly perceptible, but also ensures a great dry-down. Altogether a great cross-section of DHC,DHS 08 and Eau Fraiche. Since I like all 3 I like this total package.
Performance: Is fine for fresh fragrances in the price range. All right with a few hours. Dior Homme Cologne lasts a little longer, but costs about twice as much. I like cologne's that last for about 3-4 hours, because you can choose another fragrance for the evening without spraying or washing up. Especially for leisure time during the day a nice companion. Also after-spraying is no problem with the price.

All in all, a fragrance I can really recommend. Especially for this price.

The rumours are true, just like Dior's Homme Cologne
Dior Homme Cologne circa 2013 must be MB Cologne perfumer's inspiration?
Crazy thing is bergamot is not listed here.

Pretty close and both require quite a few spritzes to last a while and definitely HOT weather scent of choice. Whichever is cheaper or whichever one you think has the better looking container, I've already got DHC 2013 and a decant of MBC, I'm in no hurry to buy a full bottle of MB's Cologne. Bergamot galore.
6.0 4.0 5.0 7.0/10

DER Budget-Saubermann
Blind purchase.
23 Euro for 40ml.
Arrived.
Foil away.
All right, it's Mercedes Benz.
Cardboard open, bottle out.
I like it. Modern. Sporty. Fresh.
Remove the lid, phew that looks really high quality and heavy.
The first three sprayers.
Spray head makes a good impression.
I smell grapefruit and vervain.
Verbena was one of my first active fragrances that I learned to love. Especially in soaps.

Even after two hours, a fresh vervain fragrance continues mixed with shower gel Vibe. Good!

About the further Sillage and durability I report still.

Cautious preliminary conclusion:

If you don't want to spend a lot of money right now.
Needs a light and fresh summer scent.
Has nothing against vervain.
Ready to take the fragrance with you to spray from time to time.
DER must buy this fragrance.
Now...

Carlitos01 145 days ago
Very fresh citrus cologne with an acceptable performance for an EDC. It's similar to Dior Homme Cologne presenting a better value for money.+6
DPArtist 6 months ago
Lovely refreshing citrus (grapefruit) scent perfect for hot days, verbena gives it a lemonade twist. Remarkably similar to Dior's cologne.+2
9.0
Attlas 7 months ago
Longevity is very very good on the skin. The scent is elegant, clean and uplifting. Sofisticated and relaxed at the same time. Simplicity+1
KingPin 9 months ago
The idea of a car company making perfume is so bad it’s good :D I get bergamot and mandarin, clean, fresh. Pretty good actually!+1
5.0
SamuelGustav 19 months ago
Almost the same fragrance has Dior Homme Cologne, in a blind test it would easily fool me, amazing summer fragrance for this price+4
5.0
9.0
DonVanVliet 3 years ago
Very nice cologne .. fresh, citrusy .. maybe a bit feminine but definitely well composed.+6

Die schöne Mercedes ;-)
by VooDooMann
by Mathias86
by Mathias86

Popular Mercedes-Benz

Mercedes-Benz Cologne by Mercedes-Benz Mercedes-Benz Intense by Mercedes-Benz Mercedes-Benz for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Mercedes-Benz Mercedes-Benz Le Parfum by Mercedes-Benz Select by Mercedes-Benz Club by Mercedes-Benz Mercedes-Benz for Women by Mercedes-Benz Mercedes-Benz Rose by Mercedes-Benz VIP Club - Black Leather by Mercedes-Benz VIP Club - Energetic Aromatic by Mercedes-Benz Club Black by Mercedes-Benz Club Extreme by Mercedes-Benz Mercedes-Benz Man by Mercedes-Benz VIP Club - Pure Woody by Mercedes-Benz Mercedes-Benz Man Blue by Mercedes-Benz Mercedes-Benz Sport by Mercedes-Benz Mercedes-Benz Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Mercedes-Benz Mercedes-Benz Silver by Mercedes-Benz Select Night by Mercedes-Benz VIP Club - Infinite Spicy by Mercedes-Benz