Select by Mercedes-Benz
Select is a popular perfume by Mercedes-Benz for men and was released in 2018. The scent is fresh-fruity. It is being marketed by INCC Parfums. Pronunciation

Olivier Cresp

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Blackcurrant
Heart Notes Heart NotesApple, Peppermint
Base Notes Base NotesAmbrox, Musk, Patchouli

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 04.12.2020.

Torbinius
My entry into the great perfume world
It was half a year ago. My roommate came into my room with 20 samples of a fragrance called Mercedes-Select, which he had received as a promotional gift, and gave me some of them, because he himself was very enthusiastic about the Eau de Toilette.
So I tested the scent and got a real "Woooooooowwww" flash right away. As a 20 year old, not so rich student, I hadn't discovered perfumes for myself at all until then, but was a few times at Müller's and co.'s to sniff at individual ones. There I was always quite disappointed, because I mostly only smelled synthetic, heavy and sweet scents À la One Million which I don't like at all...

But this Mercedes Select was different. So fresh and above all fruity! This makes the mood go straight up! I personally like the bergamot very much at the beginning, but I can also imagine that it can also annoy my environment, also because the similarity of detergents is already there. But maybe also because I just didn't spray myself with it when I was on a date xD

But what I liked most about this fragrance is the transition to this very masculine, woody and warm base note. At this point I heard for the first time that there is, or should be, something like a dry down in perfume. I know I was stupid. D

All in all I would describe the fragrance as a total all-rounder: Fits all seasons (even if the winter may not be optimal), can be worn by young and old and fits great in the office, as well as in leisure time and evenings!

But I didn't decide to buy a bottle. For the reason that I did little research here on Parfumo, am enthusiastic about all comments and reviews and found out that the fragrance probably has a very big resemblance to Aventus. So I became a big Aventus-DNA fan without all the hype to get the scent :)

Of course Aventus is much too expensive for me, but I became aware of all the clones and finally decided for Insurrection Pure2, which I can recommend to others. Unfortunately I still have no idea how Aventus smells, but I think that IP2 smells very good (better than Select due to a rounder transition), is very cheap and has a longer durability than the Select. The Sillage and above all the durability is unfortunately the big reason why I decided against Select, because on my skin it is only 2-3 hours well to perceive.

Interesting also that for me Select and IP2 already smell relatively different, but Clon of the same smell should be :D

Now IP2 has become my Signature Scent, I found more favorites here via Parfumo (La nuit de l'homme, Ultramale, Sauvage and Hawas for example) and became aware of the souk. So it was great that my roommate came into the room with Select! I'm gonna buy this one eventually.
Refresh
Really? You're making me look like a fool!
Today I was once again in the perfumery with the big D. Just take a look. I discovered some novelties, but actually nothing special about it. I was about to leave when my eyes focused on Mercedes Benz Select. The tester without a lid reminded me of the Bruno Banani flacons somehow. I sprayed there and... FLASH! "Huh???? "He shot me right through the head. "But that's..." ... Radio silence "Aventus"! I looked astonished at the flacon and, neccessarily, it was not Aventus but Mercedes Benz Select that I was holding in my hand. Exceptionally amazed, I went to the next best saleswoman I could grab and told her my impression of MBS. "Yes, you're right, it smells very similar to Aventus." I just nodded silently. "Do you have too much of the real Aventus here?" I wanted to know curiously. The saleswoman nodded, opened a drawer and held an Aventus tester against me. I checked the batch and the result showed me 2017. Now I wanted to know: I took off my sweater, so I just stood around in my T-shirt (I had left jeans and shoes on, I didn't need to take off LOL) and sprayed three full squeezed sprayers from the Aventus tester onto my left forearm, from MBS the same dose onto my right. Then I smelled coffee beans to neutralize my nose. Now the fragrance comparison: Aventus smelled quite fruity and clear and was very present, MBS also. Very much like them, really now! Ok, I thought to myself, that doesn't help, I have to have both of them for a longer time to be able to see a difference clearly. But one thing was clear: I wanted the MBS! Price: 100ml, €79.95. Goes, I thought. In the course of the afternoon I had exchanged myself with a Profumo here about Aventus by message function. Among other things also about MBS, which was then identified as Dupe. The very nice Parfumo wrote me that he had it and wanted to sell it. Well, you can guess the rest. I bought his 100ml Falcon with 90ml content from him for €30 :D

After my shopping tour in the city, I still went to eat our local Greeks. And that was the opportunity to compare Aventus on my left and MBS on my right forearm. But it's not me who should do it, it's women. And yes, there were women in the restaurant. So I went to 3 different tables and asked them to help me with a clarification. All three agreed and the adventure began. In the first one I had to make a left first, in the second one I had to make a right first and the third one could choose. She smelled first on the left. And now comes the hammer: all three, independently of each other, confirmed to me that they would like the scent on the right (MBS!!!) better. I couldn't believe my ears! But it didn't change the fact that women's noses made that decision. After this adventure I drank out of the red wine glass at my table and compared myself. So: Aventus has a better depth in the fragrance, is somewhat more complex, but also weaker compared to MBS. This is still quite strong after hours and also fresh-fruity. Amazingly, I can even sniff out a smoky note. I'm really irritated. Either I imagine it, or MBS shows itself on my skin so of aventus-like that it is almost too late! But can women's noses lie? I don't think so. They all made an honest and open impression. And I didn't enlighten them as to what fragrance was on which underam. I think, only those who are seriously concerned with original batches of Aventus can really smell differences, for laymen MBS is Aventus and vice versa.

Well, what can I say? Nothing. Nothing I'll take it the way it is!
What is certain is that I, speaking for myself, am incredibly surprised about MBS and this fragrance is almost identical to Aventus on my skin shows and develops, from the first spray to far after hours. For me a super inexpensive alternative, because I also have an Aventus. Now I can generously bring my "Aventus" aura to the people in the approaching spring and summer. I'm looking forward to it :-)

Sirajeddin
Great perfume, but a try-hard copy of Aventus
Don't get me wrong. This is not a bad perfume by any means. As a matter of fact, it is extremely good and fresh. Freshly sprayed, it smells like the 20-mins dry-down of Aventus. Hence, if you are expecting this juice to be the same as Aventus but for 1/5th the price, don't buy it. It has almost no pineapple vibe that Aventus has. If I hadn't known Aventus existed, or haven't smelt it at all, then this would be awesome. However, since I have both, i definitely prefer the Aventus.

Projection is definitely average. It is nothing spectacular, and sometimes, if my father wears it, I can even barely smell it on him. It is very very light.

Durability is nowhere to be found. It doesn't last 4 hours. By the 4 hour mark, the fragrance is almost 100% gone. I would compare its durability and "staying power" to that of the original Armani Code by Giorgio Armani.

What must be said is that this perfume is a great buy, highlighted by the fact that it is relatively cheap.
However, sometimes, i feel like i smell like pure dust when the fragrance is 3hrs old. You know that dust smell that you get in your house if you haven't swept for some time? It can smell like that sometimes. It just does not use ingredients of extremely high quality, but not ones that are bad, either.

Smell: 7/10
Durability: 5/10
Sillage: 5/10

Would I buy this again? Yes.
Is it worth it? Absolutely.
Aventus or this? Aventus all day.

BertolucciKBertolucciK 4 months ago
726535th clone of Aventus. Harsh lemon with Ambroxan and musk. Performance is not good.

by ZACK
by ZACK

Popular Mercedes-Benz

Mercedes-Benz Cologne by Mercedes-Benz Club Black by Mercedes-Benz Mercedes-Benz Le Parfum by Mercedes-Benz Select Night by Mercedes-Benz Mercedes-Benz Intense by Mercedes-Benz VIP Club - Black Leather by Mercedes-Benz Club Extreme by Mercedes-Benz Mercedes-Benz for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Mercedes-Benz Mercedes-Benz Man Private by Mercedes-Benz Mercedes-Benz Rose by Mercedes-Benz Mercedes-Benz for Women by Mercedes-Benz Select Day by Mercedes-Benz VIP Club - Infinite Spicy by Mercedes-Benz Mercedes-Benz Silver by Mercedes-Benz Mercedes-Benz Man by Mercedes-Benz VIP Club - Pure Woody by Mercedes-Benz Club by Mercedes-Benz Mercedes-Benz Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Mercedes-Benz Mercedes-Benz Man Blue by Mercedes-Benz Mercedes-Benz Sport by Mercedes-Benz