Scent Stories Vol.1/Ch.01 - Dune Road 2014

Scent Stories Vol.1/Ch.01 - Dune Road by MiN New York
Scent Stories Vol.1/Ch.01 - Dune Road is a perfume by MiN New York for women and men and was released in 2014. The scent is green-aquatic. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesAbsinthAbsinth
DriftwoodDriftwood
Base Notes Base NotesVetiverVetiver
CedarwoodCedarwood
MuskMusk

Submitted by Apicius, last update on 28.10.2021.

Ludomat
Cucumber with wormwood, but without drops
I love green scents in many variations and this one brings its very own aniseed-curky note to the game and to my portfolio.
Starts with clear wormwood/abscotch, which also has similarities with anise, fennel or dill. But not dark and spicy, but light and herbaceous and fresh.
Not much later, there is a very strong cucumber impression, which, although not listed, is most likely due to calone - a synthetic fragrance that can smell like sea breeze, but also cucumber or melon. For me, the cucumber predominates, which I also find great. I already loved it back in Marc Jacobs' Cucumber Splash as a light summer scent.
At Dune Road it is woven into a light, rather dry-tangy, spicy-watery mixture, which is a boon on warm days And with me the two fragrance chords wormwood + cucumber remain the main protagonists until the end, even if the fragrance becomes a little softer, warmer and woodier towards the base.
For me no aquat, not even close to water (like dunes, lakesides etc.), but rather green-fresh and spicy, I think more of blue sky, wind, outside, meadows, gardens...

Unusual station wagon, but also not so expansive that you disturb the surroundings. If you like this direction, it is a very nice, relaxing, very personal scent.

AromaX
A tropical forest after the rain
It opens like a fresh breeze bringing the smell of rain, wet earth and an intense green scent of foliage after the rain. A light whiff of tropic flowers entwine themselves into the ozonic freshness of the air with the nuances of crushed leaves and wet wood.

A “scented image” is a good name for this collection. To me they are much more “olfactory impressions” than “perfumes”.

According to the creators Dune Road is supposed to be an illustration of:

“Summer walks.
Crisp ocean breeze. Foamy Sand.

Whispers of herbs,
wildflowers & sea grass
from a distance.

Ethereal, captivating
& hazy pleasures.”

Though I recognize the elements from this descriptions in the scent, my own perception of “Dune Road” doesn’t show me much of sea grass and creates the image of a tropical forest after the rain with it’s reach smell of wet soil and sappy green leaves. A similar feeling I get from Fleur de Liane by L'Artisan Parfumeur.

And on the skin… it’s like running back home after mowing the lawn because of the sudden rain.

Tresor
Barbarella Dream Sequences and an Ocean Breeze.
Of all the fragrant pleasures one can experience I think that my favourite is easily a perfumed bath. Adding a bit of precious elixir to the bath water is something I remember my grandmother doing and something I have carried into my own life as I’ve grown into an adult. As time has passed and I have delved deeper and deeper into fragrance I have also become very fond of experimenting with compositions which are a bit more avant grade and seeing how they behave when added to bath water and infuse their essence into the atmosphere that surrounds me. I’ve been going through a bit of a green kick and in the search for something a bit more vegetal I happened upon my vial of Dune Road from MiN New York and thought I would give it and also compare this method of wearing the fragrance with that of applying it straight from the atomizer. Well, the results are in and I am pleased to say that Dune Road is a winner! The opening of Dune Road when applied via atomizer is to my nose an incredibly fascinating menagerie of cucumbers, freshly cut grass and a proper whoosh of ozone which serves to create a rather exhilarating incipience to say the least. In the bath this freshness lends the most interesting quality to the airspace, what I can only describe as smelling of a galactic hypermodern day spa where Barbarella would venture to rid herself from the stresses of saving the planet. As you can imagine, this sequence makes me deliriously happy. Flickering holograms of flowers present when applied directly to skin seem to give a delicate sensation of silken petals to the rising steam. The verdancy of vetiver remains and the exquisite "sel de vetiver” quality that persists into the dry down when applied the skin becomes an impression of a warm Mediterranean sea breeze. I am so smitten with this experience and if it were not such an incredible luxury I would do it all the time. It’s so strange and exceptionally beautiful how things develop in the warmth of the water and the fascinating olfactory textures that arise from experiencing a fragrance in an entirely different way. I feel so grateful to have taken this new journey with a fragrance I already had a great deal of love and respect for and getting to see it in an entirely new light, that to me is one of the greatest pleasures on this remarkable journey in fragrance.

Nope.
To my nose, Dune Road is nothing more, nothing less than a nondescript ozonic scrubber clumsily stuffed with aldehydes, something green-citric and fizzy, and a faint bitter fruity hint. A time capsule unnecessarily throwing you *again* right into the fragrance’s corner of a suburban mall in the mid-1990s. Utterly plastic and “chemical” with – in my opinion – no features capable to make something creative out of that; just synthetic liquids out of their gallons, right into the bottle. A rushed sketch more than a proper perfume.

4/10

LicoriceRain
A blend of cucumber oil and nail polish remover.
This opens to my nose as pure cucumbers. Yes, I like the smell of cucumbers, but it lacks the typical top, mid, and base note construction. In other words, it doesn’t transition much except it gets more chemical. Overall, it seems so chemical that “acetone” comes to mind. In fact, I know Dune Road costs $100.00 per ounce, and it isn’t really unpleasant, but I can’t get past that acetone association, and it doesn’t seem to be anything more than a blend of cucumber oil and nail polish remover. I can certainly live without it.

by MiNNewYork
by MiNNewYork

Popular MiN New York

Scent Stories Vol.1/Ch.09 - Dahab (Eau de Parfum) by MiN New York Scent Stories Vol.1/Ch.05 - Momento by MiN New York Scent Stories Vol.3/Ch.01 - Voodoo (Eau de Parfum) by MiN New York Scent Stories Vol.1/Ch.11 - Moon Dust (Eau de Parfum) by MiN New York Scent Stories Vol.1/Ch.07 - Magic Circus by MiN New York Scent Stories Vol.1/Ch.04 - Shaman by MiN New York Scent Stories Vol.2/Ch.02 - Plush (Eau de Parfum) by MiN New York Scent Stories Vol.2/Ch.03 - Chef's Table by MiN New York Scent Stories Vol.1/Ch.06 - Barrel by MiN New York Scent Stories Vol.2/Ch.04 - Forever Now by MiN New York Scent Stories Vol.2/Ch.01 - Ad Lumen by MiN New York Scent Stories Vol.1/Ch.08 - Old School Bench by MiN New York Scent Stories Vol.2/Ch.05 - Coda (Eau de Parfum) by MiN New York Scent Stories Vol.1/Ch.02 - Long Board by MiN New York Scent Stories Vol.1/Ch.10 - Onsen by MiN New York Scent Stories Vol.1/Ch.03 - The Botanist by MiN New York Scent Stories Vol.3/Ch.02 - Astronomy Domine by MiN New York Scent Stories Vol.3/Ch.03 - Stardust (Eau de Parfum) by MiN New York Scent Stories Vol.1/Ch.11 - Moon Dust (All-Over Spray) by MiN New York Scent Stories Vol.2/Ch.02 - Plush (All-Over Spray) by MiN New York