Sexy Amber (2013)

Sexy Amber by Michael Kors

Sexy Amber is a perfume by Michael Kors for women and was released in 2013. The scent is floral-woody. It is still in production.

Harry Frémont

Amber, Jasmine, Sandalwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 11.07.2020.

Body closeness
I love this fragrance when it slowly gets cooler, twilight comes sooner and you smell autumn.
That's how sexy Amber smells to me. After autumn, after cool wind, after a soft blanket or a Kashmir scarf.
It develops like powder, like a second skin. And that makes him sexy. Sexy in the sense of body-hugging.
I love him because he doesn't get sweet. Because he's a woman. And less is more emphasized.
Yeah, he's a little Chanel's Allure, but he's softer and closer. Tenderer.
I can't understand some of the reviews here. For me - even if slightly synthetic - one of the most beautiful fragrances. Its synthetics are reminiscent of soap, but of a very noble one which, lying in its silver bowl on the wash basin, smells so good that you can smell it all over the bathroom.
I don't take amber, jasmine, sandalwood. What I smell is the perfect mixture of the individual components, fused into a powdery noble breath that turns a woman into a noble lady.
The kind of lady who's sexy even though she's wearing high-necked. Or weil
wearing them high-necked.
It develops only in the sense that it gets closer and closer. Until it unites with the skin. The scent remains the same. No head, heart or base note.
But when it gets warmer, it comes out again and reports louder but never pushy.
He reacts with body heat. His creator knew this and therefore gave him the nickname sexy.
Thank you Mr. Kors, a great fragrance.
For every day as well as for all our special moments when we feel sexy.

Artificial and blank
I've really tried to make friendship with this perfume and I've failed. It is something artificial and cheap in it. Generally it is a nice scent but in the indifferent way. Safe in all situation, time of day, season. Unnoticable, blank, perfect to hide your personality. In that case what is a reason to wear it…
It is no sexy at all, there is no amber in it. Failure. I really love perfumes and don't cross them very easy. But this one I will never pick up again. And the price is definitely to high to quality.

Back to the Future
This is very Johnson & Johnson Baby Oily smelling for the first 10 minutes and then they throw this meaty sensual deep amber, wood and a dirty musk down on you. She's a Maniac! It's rather synthetic and juxtaposition and odd. Sexy Amber has better sillage than the Sporty Citrus fragrance from this line, and I guess this could smell subtly sexy on "someone, somewhere...in Summertime"...but as for me, amber must be well-dressed and more shrouded to win me over. Obviously something about this scent has triggered a 1980's-1990's flashback. Sexy Amber is reminiscent of many of the "Hungry Like the Wolf"-come-hither fragrances of that genre. I categorized the popular women's scents from that time into 4-5 main categories (I was in highschool, and we supposed to be laying down some kind of order/patterns in life. 1. Prissy/Wealthy/Clean/Crabtree Spring Rain & AnaisAnais, White Linen-2) EuroCool/hipster/Retrochic/Timeless- Chanel /Loulou/Joy 3) Cheap but sexy- Emeraude/Exclamation/Halston, 4) Expensive, loud and Sexy- Ysatis/Paris/Poison/Giorgio/Amarige/Fracas. This scent is somewhere between 3) and 5)I want to smell like a baby- Babysoft. I guess I will call this one "Crazy, Sexy, Cool" and hop back into my time machine to head home!

Gold
Does not do what it says on the label
Not your typical amber at all. Instead an open-faced freshness and unexpected lightness in the top-notes followed by a reliable old friend, jasmine, resting on a base of synthetic sandalwood. Does not send out those pretty definite vibes of ambery sensuousness at all, but lets you feel free and easy. A welcome change from those heavies you are supposed to feel "sexy" in - but why the misleading name? Apart from that: the pungency of the synthetic base spoils the whole thing for me. An acceptable artificial sandalwood is notoriously difficult to produce, but the one used in "Sexy Amber" is particularly unpleasant. The drydown reminds me of Estee Lauder's "Modern Muse", not by chance created by the same perfumer.

Jazzy76Jazzy76 24 months ago
Honestly, I was expecting more: it's a pale amber , not so "sexy" and quite evanescent. Too expensive in comparison to the real quality.

by Nikolina
by Scarlett96
by JJ84
by JJ84

Popular Michael Kors

Michael for Men / Michael Kors for Men (2001) (Eau de Toilette) by Michael Kors Michael / Michael Kors (2000) (Eau de Parfum) by Michael Kors Michael Kors (2013) (Eau de Parfum) by Michael Kors Michael Kors Turquoise by Michael Kors Wonderlust by Michael Kors Glam Jasmine by Michael Kors Sparkling Blush by Michael Kors Exotic Blossom by Michael Kors Midnight Shimmer by Michael Kors Michael Kors White by Michael Kors Michael Kors Coral by Michael Kors Extreme Speed by Michael Kors Michael Kors for Men (2014) (Eau de Toilette) by Michael Kors Very Hollywood (Eau de Parfum) by Michael Kors Sporty Citrus by Michael Kors Sexy Sunset by Michael Kors Michael Kors Sheer (2003) by Michael Kors Extreme Blue by Michael Kors Gold Collection - Rose Radiant Gold by Michael Kors Extreme Night by Michael Kors