Winter Star (2007)

Winter Star by Michael Storer

Winter Star is a perfume by Michael Storer for women and men and was released in 2007. The scent is spicy-resinous. It is still in production.

Michael Storer

Benzoin, Bergamot, Oakmoss, Carnation, Labdanum, Lavender, Musk, Peru balsam, Tolu balm

Submitted by Odeur23, last update on 23.12.2018

7.5 7.5 3.0/10

Karanal is Definitely "Difficult to Dose"
Although I appreciate Michael Storer's perfumes for women, I must say that WINTER STAR is not a very inviting perfume. It smells quite harsh to my nose and I am assuming that this is a combination of the strong lavender and the even stronger balsam and other basenotes which here are so powerful that I get almost a tallow effect. I did not apply very much from my sample vial, yet I am at the brink of a headache.

My understanding is that this limited edition perfume was something of an experiment with new materials. On the manufacturer's card description, both Karanal and Helvetolide are mentioned--which I gather are new synthetic molecules--and Karanal is explicitly identified as "difficult to dose". I must concur in this case! This perfume is too strong and discordant. Not a pleasant wear.

Numcks4frags 11 months ago
Balsamic and animalic - very raw. Like a musky deer near a beaver den next to a civet cat deep in the evergreen forest.+1
6.0

Discussions about Winter Star

Sherapop in Perfumes & Brands

Popular Michael Storer

Winter Star by Michael Storer Kadota by Michael Storer Monk by Michael Storer Stephanie by Michael Storer Yvette by Michael Storer Djin by Michael Storer Il Giardino by Michael Storer Genviève by Michael Storer