Cassis en Feuille (2015)

Cassis en Feuille by Miller Harris

Cassis en Feuille is a popular perfume by Miller Harris for women and men and was released in 2015. The scent is green-fruity. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesItalian bergamot, Galbanum, Blackcurrant
Heart Notes Heart NotesEgyptian geranium, Tomato leaf
Base Notes Base NotesVirginia cedar

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 06.05.2019

8.0 6.0 8.0 7.5/10

The Orangery in the Botanical Garden
The opening of Cassis en Feuille is without question a great cinema. When the tangy citrus note meets the tangy freshness of the currant, my olfactory receptors are already in turmoil. The tomato leaf adds sparkling green. I don't know if chlorophyll has an odour of its own, but I imagine it EXACTLY: Green, very green. Refreshing and slightly grassy-bitter. A little like the orangery in the botanical garden. Grandios!

The problem with a grandiose prelude is that it can rarely be maintained. I'm afraid that's the way it is here. What exactly bothers me in the aftermath, I can't quite grasp olfactory. It becomes a little more lovely and possibly more flowery, rosier. This is neither bad nor unpleasant. Nevertheless, it remains for me a clear decline to the prelude. The tingling's getting weaker. What is left behind then looks a little stale and colourless. Only a little later in the course of the fragrance does it become rounder and more harmonious again. The cedar flashes in this phase very beautifully transparent through. The base also reminds me of other Miller Harris perfumes. There seems to be a common basic DNA.

All in all, a very pleasant and successful fragrance, even if the tension from the prelude cannot be completely maintained. The durability was astonishingly solid, but rather very close. By the way, the start is clearly unisex. But when all is said and done, I'd rather place him on ladies. I personally miss a few corners and edges to want to wear it myself regularly.
9.0 4.0 5.0 7.0/10

"Just my 2 Cents" ...
... because what began as a statement ended with this comment :-)

When spraying on Cassis en Feuille, I am approached by a greenhouse scent that is extremely pleasant and has been perfectly described by Parma in its oscillation between green floridity and astringent fruit aroma. But for me this lasts only two minutes at first and a more acidic phase follows, which smells like a mixture of rhubarb and honeysuckle for me and which I least like, whereby I have to admit after repeated testing that a bit more citric freshness comes into play here, which somehow does the scent good.
With a little imagination you can also imagine the green tomato leaf in a mixture with flowers, but I would never have typed on it blindly.
Finally it becomes even more sweet, flowery-fruity with (too little for me) green accents. It's beautiful, light, discreet, pleasant.

If, as here, the scent tissue is very fine and the habituation effect of the nose is taken into account, you will soon have a very close body odor. I don't think my thing is that much understatement. If I already use an expensive, rare perfume, I want to be able to smell and enjoy it for some time.
In spring (so if there are medium temperatures and no extremes) the fragrance could unfold even better, perhaps one should mention that for the sake of justice.

All in all, a medium good, but not convincing impression remains with me. The course of the fragrance is over after half an hour, afterwards the perfume simply gets weaker. In view of the pyramid, especially because of the currant in combination with tomato leaf and rose geranium, I would have expected more. I also hoped for a more unisex scent instead of a rather feminine one - but that's how it is with the ideas :-)

1000 thanks to Parma for the long awaited rehearsal!

by LadyViolet
by LadyViolet

Popular Miller Harris

Feuilles de Tabac by Miller Harris L'Air de Rien by Miller Harris La Fumée by Miller Harris Fleurs de Sel by Miller Harris Noix de Tubéreuse by Miller Harris Terre d'Iris by Miller Harris Fleur Oriental by Miller Harris Violet Ida by Miller Harris La Pluie by Miller Harris Le Petit Grain by Miller Harris Étui Noir by Miller Harris Vetiver Insolent by Miller Harris Figue Amère by Miller Harris Cœur de Fleur by Miller Harris Tangerine Vert by Miller Harris Fleurs de Bois by Miller Harris Rose en Noir by Miller Harris Geranium Bourbon by Miller Harris La Fumée Arabie by Miller Harris La Fumée Ottoman by Miller Harris