Fleur Oriental (2000)

Fleur Oriental by Miller Harris

Fleur Oriental is a popular perfume by Miller Harris for women and was released in 2000. The scent is floral-oriental. It is still in production.

Lyn Harris

Amber, Carnation, Heliotrope, Jasmine, Musk, Orange blossom, Rose, Vanilla

Submitted by Seglein, last update on 13.09.2017

2.5 5.0 7.5 8.0/10

Dalmajen
Familiar, With A Twist...
I was taken aback this morning when I decided to test my new sample of Fleur Oriental. I had ordered three samples from this house, when I purchased my LADDM. I liked the reputation of this house, and read through most of the descriptions, before choosing my new samples.
The notes in this fragrance are very attractive, with the exception of the carnation. Fortunately,this carnation comes across like a mild cinnamon. When I sprayed on my wrist, and arm, I walked around for a few minuets, and Bang! I just couldn't believe how similar it is to my Tauer Une Rose Chypree! A slightly fresher opening, but, almost identical! This is only the opening mind you, not the whole development). I was so convinced it was just like my Tauer, I sprayed both fragrances on paper strips. On the paper strips, the Tauer opening is much more intense than the Fleur Oriental, but, they are really close! It smells much more like the Rose Chypree on my skin though.
Well, that was a good start to the journey! When the middle notes started to develop, I was very impressed, as the floral notes compliment each other perfectly!. Then came the wonderful dry down..Such a lovely ending..just the right amount of vanilla, warmed through by the rich amber. This is a vintage smelling fragrance, without being overbearing or complex. I would highly recommend this to anyone wanting a nice and genuine Oriental floral. Of course, it boosted my opinion of it, as it was truly familiar, with a twist!
7.5 7.5 7.0/10

Sweet Carnations!
Miller Harris FLEUR ORIENTAL is a sweet and spicy perfume which stands out from the crowd with its combination of vanilla and carnation. The scent also seems somewhat woody to my nose, though no woods are listed as notes. I don't think that I have ever smelled a carnation-centric scent quite this sweet. I don't think that it is too sweet, but it's definitely very different from some of the carnation-clove perfumes I've sniffed (including Caron BELLODGIA).

FLEUR ORIENTAL smells multilayered and complex, and the ingredients seem to be very good, as nothing disintegrates at all. This is the quality which I expect from a niche house, and I am beginning to understand why Lyn Harris has such a following...

Hajuvana 3 years ago
Boozy carnation amber with an emergency brake. Just when things start to get out of hands ...they don't. Nice work!+2

by Lasisa
by Sherapop
by GitaOgg
by GitaOgg

Popular Miller Harris

Feuilles de Tabac by Miller Harris L'Air de Rien by Miller Harris La Fumée by Miller Harris Fleurs de Sel by Miller Harris Noix de Tubéreuse by Miller Harris Terre d'Iris by Miller Harris Fleur Oriental by Miller Harris Violet Ida by Miller Harris La Pluie by Miller Harris Le Petit Grain by Miller Harris Étui Noir by Miller Harris Figue Amère by Miller Harris Vetiver Insolent by Miller Harris Cœur de Fleur by Miller Harris Tangerine Vert by Miller Harris Fleurs de Bois by Miller Harris Rose en Noir by Miller Harris Geranium Bourbon by Miller Harris La Fumée Arabie by Miller Harris La Fumée Ottoman by Miller Harris