Noix de Tubéreuse (2003)

Noix de Tubéreuse by Miller Harris

Noix de Tubéreuse is a popular perfume by Miller Harris for women and was released in 2003. The scent is floral-powdery. It is still in production.

Lyn Harris

Amber, Fig, Green clover, Iris, Mimosa, Tonka bean, Tuberose, Violet

Submitted by Seglein, last update on 20.08.2019

7.0 7.0 8.0 8.0/10

Bienvenue chez l'amour fou
It's late summer on the coast of northern France. There are no more guests on the beach, only corpses. Nobody here lets themselves be seduced by the low season.

He stands on the balcony of the apartment and waits for his love. You have a date here, 400 km away, for a long weekend. He's already prepared dinner. The white wine, a Frenchman, still cools. He's taken the bed, but he's not sure if she's really coming.

She's in the car, it's getting dark. She is afraid to get out and look for the apartment because she is not sure if he will be there. She'll have to replenish the scent just in case. From her hand luggage she rummages "Noix de Tubéreuse" from the British house Miller Harris. A splash on each wrist. The décolleté also gets a spray. The scent says: Courage. Go to him. There's three of you now. To the left of the young woman stands the girl, well-behaved and in love, and to her right the lady, a femme fatale, a slut. Wrapped in her scented dress, the woman types in the access code of the apartment door.

The two smell each other - he is wearing Ambre Sultan, by the way - and already know that the courage was worth it. They agree: This is crazy, and the best part is anyway.

Noix de Tubéreuse is a romance, an amour fou, a liason dangereuse - the dominant tuberose combines with the other scents of the pyramid to form a big whole. I can't filter out individual grades here. When the fragrant white flower enters the room, everything is already clear. That's a scent to take to bed with you.

The liaison is very durable and a fragrance process for me hardly noticeable. Only the fragrance gets warmer and closer to the skin over time. The tuberose then only wants to cuddle before quietly saying goodbye. What happens in France stays in France. But Miller Harris is the daughter of a British woman, who comes home with us.
8.0 9.0 9.0 9.5/10

Polyanthes
My no.1 for a powder fix. ...
A fun and slightly nutty (pun intended) take on tuberose. Is no one else getting nuts? A bit of almond, macarons and marzipan? This is heading into yum-yum-ti-tum gourmand territory, I want to eat it rather than wear it.
Powder puff sugar on creamy heliotrope (not listed but I'm getting it, must be the mimosa) and sugared almonds ensconce a pillowy, substantial tuberose. Tonka stonker - yes, powdered violet - yes, honeyed clover, yes and dusty pollen laden mimosa making this a crazy, fun, nutty sweet composition that seems to be about a scrumptious edible tuberose.
Posh sweeties for grown up kids. Layers of dusty pink fluffy chiffon. A birthday party perfume.
For those looking for a Tuberose soliflore, this is not the place to go, better to come at this from liking playful, powdery, sweet and comfortable compositions.
Noix de Tuberose wafts and radiates beautifully in my personal space and keeps partying on my skin long past my bedtime.
A fitting image for this perfume is Hermione Granger in that fabulous pink floaty, frilly dress at the Yule ball, she is having a wonderful, head-spinner of a time but is a bit out of her depth and it all ends in tears. But it's going to be ok because her friends are for real.
I know it's classified as a floral oriental, but I smell this as a very good and interesting floral gourmand, contemporary, but with a classic feel to it.
Sillage is moderate/good and longevity great on my skin.

Edit: I wore this out on a really chilly January day and it showed itself to be less edible sweet and more floral - soft, rich, creamy tuberose powdered with almond-like heliotrope and mimosa - I really enjoyed it, very comforting, friendly and easy to wear.

Edit: I'm addicted - This has become my number 1 for a powder fix - just lovely in chilly weather, I think it will also be wonderful in the Spring - full bottle worthy.
7.5 7.5 7.5 8.0/10

Fresh, Clean, Natural, in a phrase: Miller Harris Tuberose
Right after a bath I'm very picky about which perfume to put on because I know that I won't be bathing for at least a day. I rarely try a completely unknown entity upon surfacing from the tub. No, mystery scents are best tested with an abundance of bubbles on the horizon!

I've been noticing that I gravitate more and more toward a cluster of truly dependable houses when post-bath perfuming time arrives, and Miller Harris is one of them. I know that I can count on whatever I wear from this house to smell natural and appealing rather than synthetic and scary. Tonight I have donned NOIX DE TUBEREUSE and reaffirmed my love both for this scent and for this house.

NOIX DE TUBEREUSE is a fresh and natural-smelling tuberose with a clarity I've found lacking in some other niche tuberose soliflores. Nothing here is vague or thick or artificial smelling. The tuberose is slightly green and not that sweet, perhaps because of the clover and the iris? The composition also boasts mimosa, in addition to amber and fig, but mostly this is a fresh bouquet of tuberose.

Nothing like FRACAS (which I also love, but for other reasons), NOIX DE TUBEREUSE might lie a bit closer to CARNAL FLOWER (of which I am not however very fond). I feel that I'm in the midst of a bunch of fresh-cut tuberose, with the stems still attached to the petals. I've seen fields of lavender. Are their fields of tuberose? NOIX DE TUBEREUSE is just that to me.

A perfect post-bath and pre-bedtime choice for tuberose lovers!

by HsChen
by HsChen
by Boszka79
by Boszka79

Popular Miller Harris

Feuilles de Tabac by Miller Harris L'Air de Rien by Miller Harris Fleurs de Sel by Miller Harris La Fumée by Miller Harris Noix de Tubéreuse by Miller Harris Terre d'Iris by Miller Harris Fleur Oriental by Miller Harris La Pluie by Miller Harris Violet Ida by Miller Harris Le Petit Grain by Miller Harris Étui Noir by Miller Harris Vetiver Insolent by Miller Harris Figue Amère by Miller Harris Cœur de Fleur by Miller Harris Tangerine Vert by Miller Harris Fleurs de Bois by Miller Harris Rose en Noir by Miller Harris Geranium Bourbon by Miller Harris La Fumée Arabie by Miller Harris La Fumée Ottoman by Miller Harris