Rose Silence 2015

Rose Silence by Miller Harris
Rose Silence is a popular perfume by Miller Harris for women and men and was released in 2015. The scent is floral-fresh. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesMandarin orangeMandarin orange
BlackcurrantBlackcurrant
Heart Notes Heart NotesRoseRose
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouliPatchouli
Kashmiri muskKashmiri musk

Submitted by Viola8, last update on 22.01.2022.

Rose silence Miller Harris
Rose Silence Miller Harris

I love the rose in perfume and the house of Miller Harris, I had no doubt that I would like Rose Silence.

Rose Silence is one of the most beautiful rose themed perfumes I have ever tasted.

Top notes, blackcurrant and mandarin.
Blackcurrant, here it is combined so well with tangerine. This tangerine doesn't have the sharpness of citrus, but it's not sweet either. Just fresh. I think patchouli further accentuates its freshness. Patchouli and musk are the base notes, but patchouli is already felt in the opening, while musk only appears in the drydown.
I don't feel anything woody in this patchouli, just very pleasant and fresh green.

The rose that comes is such a beautiful rose that you can't help but love it. I don't think it would bother even those who don't like rose in perfume. It's so smooth, crystalline, clean and clear. Not retro at all, on the contrary, a very modern rose, fresh, unobtrusive.
If you have ever smelled wet roses after a summer rain, it is this fragrance when they smell selfless, spectacular and unforgettable in their full glory.

The musk that joins the composition later softens the sharpness of the patchouli a bit and adds a little depth to the rose. Musk, by the way, is quite calm and measured in this perfume.

I think this perfume is wearable in all seasons and occasions. Unisex slightly more feminine, but a man could wear it, especially in combination with another, more masculine perfume.

Extremely elegant and refined perfume, elegant, gentle, unobtrusive.
In fact, you could not mix this rose with any other.

Rose lovers, be sure to try it.
Calm Rose
At TK Maxx I discovered Rose Silance at a fabulously low price, so I dared to make a blind purchase.

The fragrance was labeled as a men's fragrance, which surprised me somewhat.

But there I had also bought samsara as " men's fragrance " - so I know that the etiletings at TK are to be enjoyed with caution.

But this quiet rose is indeed unisex, as it unfolds very slowly and discreetly.
A really very calm rose - which doesn't bother me, since rose scent is supposed to have a calming effect on the psyche anyway.
Very gradually a soft sweetness appears - but this is kept in suspension by the aquatic mandarin.

The mild Leonardo da Vinci comes to my mind, which also develops its aroma very quietly.
Nothing soapy or citric disturbs this peace.

Silence at it s best.

A minimalist fragrance that can be worn by men and women alike - with an affinity for British understatement.

What do the Asians say?
The greatest revelation is silence

DorothyGrace
A green rose with no thorns
Spray a little I get a slightly sugary but not sweet, lemon zesty, green rose. Spray a bit more and I get some musky, peppery note. I don't notice much at all in the way of woodsy notes (actually I don't notice any at all rising above the rosey musk).

To me this smells very similar indeed to my 3 ml rollarball of English Rose perfume oil (that I used to buy from a seller on ebay) which is a little greener. Another similar is Musk Rose by Ajmal which has a stronger animal sweet musk and is a little more masculine.

I find Rose Silence a pleasant enough light smelling perfume but I don't find it any better than my 3 ml rollerballs of Arabian perfumes and really so similar that for me at least it does not warrent its department store price tag.

10 ml eau de parfum spray 2016

by Entenradio
by Entenradio
by HsChen
by HsChen
by Munu
by Munu

Popular Miller Harris

Vetiver Insolent by Miller Harris Violet Ida by Miller Harris La Fumée Arabie by Miller Harris Feuilles de Tabac by Miller Harris Étui Noir by Miller Harris La Fumée by Miller Harris La Fumée Ottoman by Miller Harris Noix de Tubéreuse by Miller Harris Le Petit Grain by Miller Harris Fleurs de Sel by Miller Harris L'Air de Rien by Miller Harris Le Pamplemousse by Miller Harris Scherzo by Miller Harris Perfumer's Library - No. 3 Veti Vert by Miller Harris La Fumée Intense by Miller Harris Terre d'Iris by Miller Harris Fleur Oriental by Miller Harris Tangerine Vert by Miller Harris La Fumée Alexandrie by Miller Harris Poirier d'un Soir by Miller Harris