Violet Ida 2019

Violet Ida by Miller Harris
Violet Ida is a popular perfume by Miller Harris for women and was released in 2019. The scent is powdery-floral. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Mathieu Nardin

Top Notes Top NotesItalian bergamotItalian bergamot
CarrotCarrot
Heart Notes Heart NotesOrris butterOrris butter
HeliotropeHeliotrope
Base Notes Base NotesVanillaVanilla
LiquidambarLiquidambar

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 15.08.2021.

Hirondelle
The secret garden OR what you didn't really want to know
Sometimes I think that with some things it would be better not to know everything, or not to reveal everything. It's like when your partner tells you a story about an ex-girlfriend that you wouldn't have liked to know about, but that still sticks in the creases of your brain, and you can't get rid of it... And yet it is the totality of all our partner's experiences that makes him so attractive to us. Transferable to perfume? Of course!

Violet Ida totally blew me away, warm, powdery, but somehow special. Something was different, but nothing that would have stuck out disturbingly. Iris, heliotrope, all wonderful, tested, bought, loved(, married...). And then I went on Parfumo.

Carrot.
Seriously?

But the first overall intuitive impression (bottom-up) was wonderfully harmonious - how does that go together with vegetables?! First of all, I pay tribute to Mr. Nardin, because when you compose a perfume through the top-down process, you have to be able to imagine the intuitive bottom-up process of a tester smelling a perfume from scratch. Have that vision that he totally hit the mark with me. And when you think about all the taste associations I have with carrots, suddenly it's not so far-fetched that this note blends pleasantly into this pot pourri extremely harmoniously. Carrot soup in winter (with crème fraîche ...and a hint of ginger). Delicious. Also, this creaminess of the finely pureed soup, it's as if this tactile component has been translated into olfactory. Grandmother's sweet carrots with roux (by the way, one of her house daughters, i.e. young girls in home economics training in the sixties noted "sweat soup" instead of "roux"). Slightly stale kitchen smell, but still just before it tips over into the unpleasant.

Wow. The scent is a dream when sprayed on. Also has something slightly scratchy, biting (carrot herb!?). The scratchy disappears quickly, however, it could have remained quietly, because quite soon the fragrance is round, soft, a tad too mainstream, also it flies then quite soon, there remains a bit of vanilla ambra, but no longer reminiscent of the dream top note. In the top note, however, is near perfection.... mostly thanks to the carrot! It would have benefited from a little more grounding as it progressed, perhaps some pink pepper, raspberry leaf, or a tiny touch of vetiver or cedar, or mysoresandwood or just more iris (there is no such thing as iris overkill for me), Mr Nardin might have gone over it once with Anatole Lebreton. Together, they would then have served up the perfect mix of Incarnata and Violet Ida.

All in all, however, he is wonderful, has just something of a secret (vegetable) garden, of which you better do not know everything, if you want to completely wallow in fascination.
Paris91
Carrots I leave to the rabbits
I don't like carrots! Especially not raw. But also not cooked. If they're raw in a salad, I have to force myself to eat them.

Well the start of VI is really very "carroty" with a touch of baby powder. Eig. pleasant, I wouldn't mind a touch of carrot. There's no bergamot. In the hope that the carrot will disappear soon, I dedicate myself to other things on the side.

So after about 10 minutes it becomes more and more powdery, i like. Fortunately not powdery a la baroque musty, because I don't like that at all (I just say Love, Chloe). No, more in the sweet, light powdery direction Heliotrope and vanilla are a great match here. Not too sweet, but slightly vivacious and also make Violet Ida warm, which is not the case with all iris scents. I just say IV d'iris. He was just too cold for me and had to leave my collection again.

I had written in my statement that it becomes slightly creamy over time (due to the iris butter). Hmm, today that's not the case. Could be temperature-related. When I tested it for the first time it was not as cold as the last days. Today it lies on the skin more like a powdery, flowery veil. But I like that too :) The H&S is ok, but in this weather you don't use lighter scents for that long anyway.
I must say that I found him quite pleasant at the first test, but he didn't really knock me off my feet. Honestly, neither did I today. But I really like him now. Right now is simply not the perfect time for this fragrance. At the moment, Manifesto L'Elixir and other Wummser are more likely to get on my skin. But I can well imagine that I will wear Violet Ida more often in the first days of spring. Let's see if we need a bottle after the test tube :)
Augusto
Charming violet peeps through an apart-sweet powder cloud
A surprisingly aromatic sweetish bitter attack, almost like liquorice. The immediately recognizable violet behind it becomes softer and softer within a few minutes, golden sweet with heliotrope, and Ida is probably a new variety of fluffy iris.
Powder, vanilla. And of course the charming brittle green-sour violet charm. Amber at the end with a little bit of sweetness, very nicely done, but unfortunately it doesn't last longer than 4 hours. Maybe the fragrance has to be applied rather generously, but then it would certainly be quite powdery and voluminous, I could imagine. But why not carry a golden beige iris violet cloud around with you when it's so finely tuned?

Powdery Iris Bliss

Violet Ida is like a powdery iris lover’s dream! It’s PERFECT!! Soft, powdery, silky, buttery orris, not the formal stoic sort of iris but the friendly kind. This perfume smells like kindness, a beautiful heart, a smile, a friendly hug. It’s the scent of the sweet girl next door or the princess in a storybook. Or even a baby wrapped up in a violet blanket. It smells innocent and pure yet still all grown up. It’s the scent you fall in love with and take home to meet mom.

"Ida represents goodness, tenacity and morality in a world of desperate cruelty”

☝️ It smells like that. It smells sweet, lovely and kind. This is one beautiful iris fragrance and anyone who loves powdery iris will fall head over heels for it. Violet Ida steals your heart.
Sable Or 2.0 - only better
Already with the first sprayer I can notice the similarity to "Sable [email protected] Privé"!
The Ida, however, sprays a slightly alcoholic note at the first moment, which the Sable Or lacks...
The Ida reminded me briefly of Iris Ganaché too... (?)

If one compares the two 1:1 (one left, the other right) one notices that the slightly mineral note is completely missing in the Sable Or of the Ida. I don't think that's tragic, because this mineral note has "disturbed" me at the Sable Or to be honest...

So far so good...

With the Ida, I perceive the iris much more tenderly or butterier than with the Sable Or. It melts softly and literally tears... The iris is neither dust-dry nor carny... simply very fine-buttery-powdery and devilishly good!

At Sable Or the iris is a bit drier... not dusty either, but a bit earthier... Also a slightly smoky spice comes out with the Sable Or, which is not to be noticed with the Ida in my opinion so... And that's a good thing, because exactly THIS must be the difference between the two fragrances...

The Ida is - just like the Sable Or - with me rather very closely... You have to get a little closer to each other to smell the Ida ;-P

The shelf life of both fragrances is very similar and slightly above average...

The bottle has the Sable Or in front of the Ida, clearly...

Conclusion:
I like the Ida a lot better than the Sable Or because of her tender butter melt powderiness, which is anyway hardly to be found any more... I will probably keep my filling of the Sable Or a little longer before it ends up in the souk ;-)

All in all I find Violet Ida an absolutely successful fragrance... I'd say 8 out of 10 points (deduction because of S&H)
Cafenoir
Ida and how to see the world
This is about perfume and so the title may be a bit theatrical and the terms "the world" and "sees" may be replaced by "perfume" and "smells". Maybe I'm a little too "philosophical" at the moment, I hope you check it out for me ;).

For me, Violet Ida is a prime example of the fact that we humans not only have different preferences, but also perceive things differently, in the concrete case the noses somehow tick differently. Of course this is not a new insight, but in this example it is so striking for me that I take it as an occasion for a comment. My own perception of this fragrance differs from the predominant findings here so far, and also from the impressions of the perfumes, where I otherwise tend to think of similarities to mine. This shows me that we can always be surprised.

So yesterday my bottling arrives. My odor-sensitive lover smells at the sprayer and says: it smells somehow like vegetables. Between frightened and disbelieving I open the PC to look for the pyramid, and lo and behold : carrot. I spray the scent on, 1 spray to each neck, another one distributed on both wrists and immediately notice some citric tart, less the carrot, but I am irritated because I expect an iris scent. But seconds later it does show itself, and the irritating impression is gone. To the Iris joins a fine sweetness (Heliotrop) and I think " promising ", although the man at my side is still not enthusiastic. In the further process a powdery sweetness (heliotrope and vanilla) dominates for me the smell, the fine and at the beginning for me beautiful iris can not assert itself unfortunately with me, she flashes up only completely occasionally and contributes something buttery. The fragrance is extremely long-lasting, which is sure to please its lovers. For me personally about 6 hours durability would have been enough, because during this time I find him quite beautiful and balanced and he gets from me the '8', then it becomes too sweet to me.
The " vegetable man " finds him, by the way, in the course with me also mainly powdery-sweet. We occasionally have the same opinions about scents, not always.

It will come as no surprise to me that Violet Ida is not a fragrance twin from Sable Or. But of course I think that others here feel him that way, and that's why I envy these noses.

Just as I can only see the world with my eyes, I can only smell with my nose. And I can be open to and curious about the perception of others, which makes my world a little more diverse. So I am looking forward to further impressions about this and other fragrances.
Bunker reflex
"Ida Violet" starts with exactly the dry, dry, mineral iris note that I love so much. Those who know my scent preferences know that this is the note that represents the holy grail for me. I know them for example from the limited Armani Privés like "Sable Or" or "Nuances". Unfortunately it disappears there very quickly in contrast to here.
The first time I tested it it was an excited anxiety and I constantly expected that this note would disappear into thin air as so often. I couldn't and can hardly believe how long she remains present (in pure form a good half an hour and in the background she accompanies the fragrance to the end).
Then something lightly lipsticky or the smell of expensive makeup is added very gently, the wonderful iris note still there, halleluja.
The description at Miller Harris mentions the smell of expensive fabrics. I can't see it on my skin, but I can see it when I spray it on clothes. I hope you know what is meant by this, no smell of paint or even chemicals, but it creates the impression of really expensive precious fabrics, hard to describe, but somehow so dull and tart.
Very gently the fragrance changes into something warm and powdery, I smell my roasted chestnuts, that means there is also a hint of smoke and "Ida Violet" reminds of "Castaña" in this phase. But while "Castaña" also radiates something brittle, as if you've captured the cracking of the shell, this is more about chestnut puree, all soft and flowing.
In the final phase, the flow literally turns into the most delicate melt. If you let the scents Liquidamber and Irisbutter melt on your tongue, you will get an idea of the melt-in-the-mouth quality in the base.
Vanilliger Amber comes to the fore, which has a minimal sweet-smoky and also fresh quality (as if a trace of musk would mix in here).
It's a fragrance that makes you feel good, but unlike a pure cuddly fragrance, which you prefer to be alone on the sofa with, it also has something sublime, with which you like to go outside.
The bottle is simple and of high quality (matt purple glass and heavy gold stubble), the spray head distributes pleasantly fine and dosable.
It is a rather body-near scent, thus less suitable for going out, but well office suitable. The shelf life is excellent, sprayed on in the evening, it is still noticeable the next morning.
Unisex he is.
The wheel wasn't reinvented here either, but it has colorful shiny spokes and has taken my scented heart by storm. I had ordered a 50ml bottle and I confess at this point that I have ordered a 100ml bottle in the meantime. Even though reason and mathematics show that I probably wouldn't empty a 50ml bottle as soon as I would, given the size of my collection, the approaching Brexit and the questionable replenishment possibility associated with it make me play it safe.
I give the 50ml bottle (almost full) gladly to good hands (nose;-), therefore announce you gladly with interest, first come first serve.
I've also read that sharing is under consideration, yeahaaaa, please do that

by Sweetsmell75
by HsChen
Nachts... für Fresh21
by Kate130

Popular Miller Harris

Vetiver Insolent by Miller Harris Feuilles de Tabac by Miller Harris La Fumée Arabie by Miller Harris Étui Noir by Miller Harris La Fumée by Miller Harris La Fumée Ottoman by Miller Harris Noix de Tubéreuse by Miller Harris Le Pamplemousse by Miller Harris Le Petit Grain by Miller Harris L'Air de Rien by Miller Harris Fleurs de Sel by Miller Harris Perfumer's Library - No. 3 Veti Vert by Miller Harris Terre d'Iris by Miller Harris Fleur Oriental by Miller Harris La Fumée Intense by Miller Harris Tangerine Vert by Miller Harris Rose Silence by Miller Harris La Fumée Alexandrie by Miller Harris Poirier d'un Soir by Miller Harris Rose en Noir by Miller Harris