Menta y Menta (2019)

Menta y Menta by Miller et Bertaux

Menta y Menta is a new perfume by Miller et Bertaux for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is fresh-floral. It is being marketed by Lothantique.

Spearmint, Morrocan mint, Tea, Citrus zest, Coffee, Jasmine

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 20.08.2019

10.0 4.0 4.0 10.0/10

Mint makes you spontaneous

Actually, I had a list in my pocket. A list of perfumes I wanted to test. To keep me from doing exactly that: Spontaneous tests and spontaneous purchases. But most of the time it comes differently than you think. While I was still standing around with my list in one hand and my mobile phone in the other (a permanent link to the perfumery community is an absolute must for me on these excursions), a lady entered the store to pick up an ordered fragrance. The saleswoman sprayed the perfume on her hand once more so that she could also let her male companion sniff it - and in the thousandth of a second in which a single minty-cool scent molecule hit my nose, I knew: Uiiiiii, this visit will be more expensive than planned.
And there's not much to Menty y Menta and not much to it. Only wonderful fresh mint and a little around it. I appear here without further ado as a mint fetishist: chocolate mint, ginger mint, pineapple mint, Moroccan mint, peppermint, straw mint, apple mint, they all found a place on my balcony over the years and were eaten with pleasure in mojitos, hugos, water, teas, pasta dishes, puff pastries and much more. And every visit to my balcony involves rubbing the leaves to release their fragrance. So you see, a severe case of mint addiction.
It's not like that with perfumes, though. Mint here often reminds me of toothpaste (if it is really recognizable) or of flower water (if it was used more discreetly). But Menta y Menta actually just smells fresh of mint - with the slight pungency that most mint varieties have in nature. Maybe there is still a hint of lemon to be guessed at, a kind of ice-cold water with fresh mint leaves and some lemon slices. I don't smell coffee even after x attempts, I can only guess a delicate floral note.
By the way, the shelf life is about the same as that of a lemon mint water from my kitchen, so actually non-existent. Menta y Menta is a little scented water that is best taken for a walk in your handbag on hot days and generously sprayed on whenever you need a little refreshment. An overdose is completely impossible!
And yet: a wonderful companion through the hot summer days. And since a nice soap boiler on the craftsmen's market told me that mint promotes concentration, the remains of the scent are now transported to the office, since the hot summer days are a thing of the past. Let's see if he's right! And even if not, Menta y Menta simply reminds me of the carefree hot days of my summer holiday. Also good - or maybe even better...