OM Inspire... and smile

(2010)
OM Inspire... and smile by Miller et Bertaux
Where to buy?
OM Inspire... and smile is a perfume by Miller et Bertaux for women and men and was released in 2010. It is being marketed by Lothantique.

Top Notes Top NotesClove, Resins
Heart Notes Heart NotesPepper
Base Notes Base NotesWoods, Vanilla, Frankincense

Submitted by DeGe53, last update on 11.02.2017

Resinous understatement
Cloves as first prominent note? Personally at the opening I get mostly a peppery resinous-patchouli blend, silky and clean, with a bold woody vein reminding me of cedar (guess it’s the incense). I also get something powdery, while the cloves note is just barely perceivable and really discreet, and also with a “substance” different than usual – more rooty and woody, and less harsh and pungent (not sure if because of the dose or the quality of materials, either way it’s good for me as I personally can’t stand cloves). Shortly a fairly pleasant, sharp, neat and cozy woody-spicy Oriental scent, not that original and honestly for me a bit boring and too tamed down to “say” something; but solid and nice. Really close to skin for me, but the persistence is longer than I expected.

6,5-7/10
Sillage 7.5/10
Longevity 7.5/10
Scent 8.0/10
3 Awards
Irisoid Cedar--at least to my nose!
Miller et Bertaux OM reminds me vaguely of a few different haute niche iris and cedar perfumes. The funny thing is: there are no flowers listed in the hierarchy of notes! Could this be a decanting error? I suppose, or perhaps the combination of ingredients in this high-quality perfume is somehow tapping into my memory of others in the same general olfactory neighborhood. I'm thinking of BOIS D'IRIS, among others.

The cedar presentation is really quite beautiful, and I do aver that this composition has major yoga OM potential! Very calming and serene and balancing. In fact, I have a hard time believing the note hierarchy listed above. I smell no cloves (to which I am hypersensitive, by the way), and the resins and frankincense must also be minimally present. Comrade Aromi seems to agree with me about how low-key the clove and other usually hard-hitting elements are--see below.

This is an excellent creation, but it's definitely a case where my nose does not agree at all with "the official story" of what it is supposed to be! I'm going to pm my perfume pal Gojira, who has a full bottle, to ask him what he thinks...