Shanti Shanti 2008

Shanti Shanti by Miller et Bertaux
Shanti Shanti is a perfume by Miller et Bertaux for women and was released in 2008. The scent is floral-woody. It is being marketed by Lothantique.

Top Notes Top NotesCardamom
Heart Notes Heart NotesBulgarian rose, Iris
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Sandalwood

Submitted by DeGe53, last update on 12.06.2019.

An Evolving Rose Journey
Testing perfumes with non-literal names is a lot of fun. With zero preconceptions, I am afforded the opportunity to try to figure out what the perfume was intended to be. In the case of Miller et Bertaux SHANTI SHANTI, the answer was clear within a couple of seconds: rose.

A rich rose this is, with petals piled up to the sky, but SHANTI also evolves quite a bit. Initially the rose note seemed only to be rose petals, but then the composition began to manifest some greenness, leading me to believe that we might be moving toward tea rose territory.

That impression was dashed within a couple more minutes, as the greenish quality faded and the rose began to smell ever-so-slightly sour to my nose, reminding me just a tiny bit of Hermessence ROSE IKEBANA.

Next an unidentifiable spiciness began to emerge. I was not sure at all what the spices were, but as they continued to crescendo and the rose faded a bit, I came to realize that this composition must contain cumin and pepper, as I kept thinking of The Different Company ROSE POIVREE. I greatly prefer SHANTI SHANTI because the spices are kept in check and never reach the point of smothering the rose.

I do not smell any cardamom or much in the way of patchouli in this composition, but I do smell a spicy rose! (I confess that my failure to detect patchouli may have something to do with the fact that I was wearing Juliette Has A Gun VENGEANCE EXTREME last night...) All in all, this is a fine rose perfume with significant development and lots of interesting twists and turns.

Sweet roses with a dash of spice
Shanti Shanti, although not predominantly rose, is undeniably rosy and sweet. This fragrance tickles the senses, with it being somewhat exotic and unique.

This tends to have a much drier rose note than what many people may be used to. In some ways it reminds me of potpourri. It has a slight dusty and spicy feel to it.

Shanti Shanti sits on the skin rather lightly. Had this scent been stronger, I would have said that it would make a marvellous Winter scent, however with its subtlety, I'd also recommend it for Spring wear.

In the heart, the notes like patchouli and intensified spices, become more apparent. Iris tends to soften the rose note a little, creating a powdery and feminine quality.

This is a rose scent, far from those typically conservative, 'English Rose' type scents. Shanti Shanti, like its foreign and enticing name, speaks exoticism.

This fragrance felt very velvety and rich on my skin, however the lasting power wasn't all that impressive, although I must admit that I wasn't disappointed either. I do really suggest this fragrance for those hardcore rose lovers that are searching for something that little bit adventurous.

by Maris
by Maris

Popular Miller et Bertaux

l'eau de parfum #3 green, green, green and... green by Miller et Bertaux Tulsivivah ! by Miller et Bertaux Oh, ooOoh ...oh (mist, wood, wind and guitar) by Miller et Bertaux New Study | postcard by Miller et Bertaux l'eau de parfum #1 (for you) / parfum trouvé by Miller et Bertaux Study #17 by Miller et Bertaux OM Inspire... and smile by Miller et Bertaux A Quiet Morning by Miller et Bertaux Menta y Menta by Miller et Bertaux Study #23 | newsletter by Miller et Bertaux Indian Study / Santal +++ by Miller et Bertaux close your eyes, and... by Miller et Bertaux In, by Miller et Bertaux l'eau de parfum #2 Spiritus / land by Miller et Bertaux