close your eyes, and... 2006

close your eyes, and... by Miller et Bertaux
close your eyes, and... is a perfume by Miller et Bertaux for women and was released in 2006. The scent is woody-floral. It is being marketed by Lothantique.

Top Notes Top NotesCalabrian mandarin orange, Sicilian lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesPear, Gaiac wood, Jasmine, Turkish rose
Base Notes Base NotesHeliotrope, Almond, Cinnamon

Submitted by DeGe53, last update on 14.10.2020.

An intoxicatingly beautiful scent
So I was looking at some white floral suggestions for Spring, when I told the sales assistant that I was quite fond of pear when blended with white florals. She went a little off the beaten track when she suggested Bois de Gaiac et Poire, or as it is usually referred to as, Close Your Eyes And... yet I am rather glad that she introduced this fragrance to me.

Initially I found this fragrance rather rich, spicy and intoxicating. It had an interesting, soft incensey vibe, which would probably entice me more in Winter. The pear wasn't instantly noticeable on my skin, nor was it any different on the card. I found the overall blend very oriental and woody.

It's hard to review this fragrance because it is so complex and changeable. It's slightly dark, yet its moderate sillage makes it very soothing. The most dominant accords to my nose are gaiac wood, custardy heliotrope, almond, cinnamon and pureed pear. I also detect a warm vanilla accord in the drydown.

I am quite taken with Bois de Gaiac et Poire, and I find it ticks all the right boxes. Even the packaging makes me smile, with a twig attached with a ribbon on the outer box.

I can't say that this fragrance is particularly fruity nor citrusy, it also doesn't strike me as a typical floral. Woodsy and musky with a touch of vanillic warmth is a more apt description.

Popular Miller et Bertaux

l'eau de parfum #3 green, green, green and... green by Miller et Bertaux Tulsivivah ! by Miller et Bertaux Oh, ooOoh ...oh (mist, wood, wind and guitar) by Miller et Bertaux New Study | postcard by Miller et Bertaux l'eau de parfum #1 (for you) / parfum trouvé by Miller et Bertaux Study #17 by Miller et Bertaux OM Inspire... and smile by Miller et Bertaux A Quiet Morning by Miller et Bertaux Menta y Menta by Miller et Bertaux Study #23 | newsletter by Miller et Bertaux Indian Study / Santal +++ by Miller et Bertaux Shanti Shanti by Miller et Bertaux In, by Miller et Bertaux l'eau de parfum #2 Spiritus / land by Miller et Bertaux