l'eau de parfum #2 Spiritusland

l'eau de parfum #2 Spiritus / land by Miller et Bertaux

l'eau de parfum #2 Spiritus is a perfume by Miller et Bertaux for women and men. The release year is unknown. The scent is spicy-woody. It is being marketed by Lothantique.

Spices, Ginger, Rose, Sandalwood, Tobacco, Teakwood, Frankincense

Submitted by DeGe53, last update on 21.08.2019

7.5 7.5 5.0/10

Sharp and Spicy Incense
Having now reached the bottom of my vial of Miller et Bertaux SPIRITUS, it's time to weigh in. That's right: it's now or never, as I'll not be adding a bottle to my collection.

What an enigmatic composition this is. The opening packs a punch of what seems to my nose to be coriander. There is some serious sinus-clearing activity going on. Shortly thereafter, I start noticing other spices, including probably ginger but more likely galangal. This is on top of a dominant frankincense foundation. The overall composition seems rather culinary to me, and I do not detect much in the way of flowers, whether rose or otherwise. I wish that I could figure out what the other spices are. Maybe turmeric? I don't know but they are dense and slightly oily, it seems.

All of this may not sound very appealing, I realize, but the spices are kept in check by the frankincense so that the overall effect is not unpleasant at all and even somewhat likable. There is a sharpness here, and combined with the fat-soluble spice mixture, I suspect that SPIRITUS could turn into a rank soap scent on some skins. It's definitely pushing my own limits on culinary spices, but people who wear Serge Lutens perfumes well may like this one a lot.
5.0 10.0 10.0 8.0/10

Opium on Steroids
An esoteric scent of the opening of ginger
sweet and leafy nuances' with fiery and dry cardamom left drying outside to capture the intoxicating properties of it's scent spices of cinnamon and curry
makes it defined dries to an powdery touch
of Rose. the drying down is deep of Tobacco plant used in some south american
rituals and incense floating in a fixed
time around a deity like ghosts.

this scent conjures images of an Taoist
temple on a highest cliff octagon shaped
ceiling with beautiful tapestry of dragons standing side by side the Eight
statues represent the eight Immortals
with it's bright colors of Red gold and black with incense in a shape of coils
burns though the all the night.

the silver gilt of the full moon from with it's white beams that illuminates
upon porcelain faces.