Missoni Acqua 2007 Eau de Toilette

Missoni Acqua (Eau de Toilette) by Missoni
Bottle Design Stephen Burks
Missoni Acqua (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Missoni for women and was released in 2007. The scent is aquatic-floral. It was last marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot MelonMelon NarcissusNarcissus GrapefruitGrapefruit
Heart Notes Heart NotesFreesiaFreesia Lily of the valleyLily of the valley PeonyPeony VioletViolet
Base Notes Base NotesIrisIris JasmineJasmine

Submitted by Dala, last update on 20.11.2020.

Icekat
Synthetic flowers drowning in aquatic mess
This is certainly not my cup of tea. I love aquatic and clean scents in summer time. I also enjoy fresh and crisp floral scents. This one is trying to bring both worlds together and it does not work at all for me.

The composition is synthetic beyond redemption and, I thought I would never ever say it about a perfume, but it does remind me of a household cleaner. The opening is very sharp and crisp with a blast of alcohol. Then the scent settles to a strange aquatic with peculiar sweet note which I could not recognize and definitely did not like.

What I loved about this scent is the bottle. It is fun and eclectic. The juice color is a beautiful turquoise. It is such a shame that the scent failed to live up to the expectations I had. Overall score 4/10.

This review is for EDT version

Refreshing spritz for Summer days
I'm not big on aquatics. They often strike me as being too artificial, salty or headache-inducing. Missoni Acqua, while still not my cup of tea, is one of the nicest aquatics I've managed to try.

Opening with some pleasantly refreshing citrus and melon notes, Missoni Acqua has quite a tranquil, beachy feel to it. The floral heart, while somewhat synthetic, managed to impress me with a soapiness that I rather enjoyed.

I like the Summery feel that is portrayed in this fragrance. I'm just heading into Summer now and it makes me so excited for beach season, sun hats and pina coladas.

Watery and fresh, while Missoni Acqua is not particularly complex, the simplicity works. There is a sense of cleanliness, but it's not too dominating like some aquatic scents tend to be. I liked that this fragrance focused more on the fruity aspect rather than the synthetic, oceanic quality.

It was funny how the bottle design made me think of a swimming pool, so everytime I smelt this fragrance, for some strange reason I was surprised to discover that it didn't smell like chlorine.

Some mention a pinch of sweetness in Missoni Acqua, however I disagree, the natural, juicy melon note is what gives this fragrance that quality. The lasting power is so-so, however I consider that a pleasing aspect seeming that in hot weather it's nice to refresh yourself with a few spritzes here and there.

Not an aquatic
Not aquatic at all! It's a sweet, white floral that's on the edge of cloying for me. The LOV, freesia & jasmine are amplified on my skin. I don't wear white florals well - not surprisingly, I can't wear this either. Reluctantly my bottle
goes up for swap.

Feb
2011

by Ineverwas
by Ineverwas
by Digindirt
by Digindirt

Popular by Missoni

Missoni Wave by Missoni Missoni (1981) (Parfum) by Missoni Missoni Parfum pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Missoni Missoni Uomo (Eau de Toilette) by Missoni Aria Missoni (Eau de Toilette) by Missoni Missoni (2015) (Eau de Parfum) by Missoni Missoni (2016) (Eau de Toilette) by Missoni Missoni (2006) (Eau de Parfum) by Missoni Missoni Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Missoni Molto Missoni by Missoni Olympios (Eau de Toilette) by Missoni Missoni Colori - Arancio by Missoni Missoni Colori - Giallo by Missoni Missoni Colori - Rosa by Missoni Noi Donne by Missoni Aria Missoni (Parfum) by Missoni Noi by Missoni Missoni Parfum pour Homme (After Shave Lotion) by Missoni Noi Uomini by Missoni Olympios (After Shave Lotion) by Missoni