Missoni Wave 2020

Missoni Wave by Missoni
Top 56 in Men's Perfume
Missoni Wave is a popular perfume by Missoni for men and was released in 2020. The scent is fresh-aquatic. It is being marketed by EuroItalia.

Top Notes Top NotesItalian mandarin orangeItalian mandarin orange Marine notesMarine notes
Heart Notes Heart NotesEgyptian pelargonium Clary sageClary sage LavenderLavender RosemaryRosemary
Base Notes Base NotesOakmossOakmoss PatchouliPatchouli Haitian vetiverHaitian vetiver Vanilla orchidVanilla orchid

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 24.05.2022.

The face of the advertising campaign is French ballet dancer Mickaël Lafon.

Love It, But!
This is a very nice fragrance. Got it in the mail yesterday and was love at first sniff. Unfortunately, something in it gives me a really bad allergic reaction. I had to take allergy pills to keep me from non-stop sneezing. Whatever chemicals they are using makes my nose start burning inside really bad. I was hoping it was just the pollen and grass outside since it's late Spring. Looks like I'll have to return it to fragrancex. Sucks, because I really like the smell. Aquatic, sweet, creamy, floral. Great price as well.

Chanel Allure Homme Sport and Versace Pour Homme BUT on the synthetic side
Chanel Allure Homme Sport and Versace Pour Homme but on the synthetic side. It can cause you serious headache if you are sensitive. It does not have the quality near Channel niether Versace. It is more like a ZARA quality thing. I can only confirm that lasts long 8 hours with 5 sprays on cloathes. It worths those 25-30 eur, and not a dime more than that. Just a fake viral thing. Dont aspect WOW `cos its not going to happen

Skapa6
Best bang for buck freshie
This is pretty much versace pour homme on steroids. Smells better and doesn't dissapear in 30 minutes. Just FYI while this does smell like VPH it does not smell like Chanel AHS extreme, it doesn't have any sweetness, smelling them side by side feels very different.

The longevity and projection are average, but in a good way. Pretty good for a fresh fragrance for summer use.

My favorite thing is the bottle quality, the magnetic cap is awesome, if you care about these kind of things it's a huge plus in this one.

Overall this is amazing for the price.

Good. But great?
Missoni Wave has been compared to Chanel Allure Homme Sport and Versace Pour Homme. To me, it is a hybrid of those two - the opening resembles a slightly aquatic version of Versace Pour Homme's opening and the dry down is a dirtier expression of Chanel Allure Homme Sport's dry down. I had sprayed once on my wrist, once to the chest and twice to each side of the back of the neck. While getting pleasant wafts of airy and aquatic Wave, I was also perceiving the contrasting heavier dry down, especially when I put my nose to my wrist. The incoherence was a bit discombobulating. I also expect the dry down to be potentially nauseating in high heat if applied heavily. Wave is nonetheless a good scent, especially for its price point, but I would not say that it is better than either Chanel Allure Homme Sport or Versace Pour Homme.
The fresh insider tip
Take out the tonka bean in Chanel Allure Home Sport Extreme and add the opening of Versace pour Homme. That's pretty much what Missoni Wave smells like. It's a very classic shower gel scent for everyday / sports / leisure with a solid sillage that I don't even notice on myself after about 90 minutes. On the skin it lasts a total of about 7 hours, which is decent for a fragrance of this variety. He does not develop thereby great. This all sounds perhaps at first little spectatkulär. The beating argument for this perfume, however, is the price-performance ratio. You can usually get 100 milliliters for under 30 euros, and for that Missoni Wave is in my opinion a real steal. The fragrance I like even slightly better than the "big" AHS Eau Extreme, and especially significantly better than the comparably priced Versace pour Homme.

The bottle is very beautiful, by the way. Matching the name in turquoise blue held and provided with a magnetic metal cap.

Who likes fresh shower gel fragrances, which I can warmly recommend to ride this "wave" times
The fresh aquat...
The fragrance smells to me like a mixture of Allure Homme Sport and A little Versace pour Homme, very fresh and aquatic. The durability is very very good just like the silage one perceives this fragrance all day. Am positively surprised, price / performance is unbeatable
Hi, I'm the elegant Aquat
Hello everyone,

i'm Missoni Wave and would like to introduce myself to the community today.

I have only 41 reviews here and feel neglected. I think a lot more people should get to know me, I'm likeable, really!

I would describe myself as an "elegant aquatic". With the colleagues and colleagues who represent the "shower gel faction" I have nothing to do. Without wanting to sound arrogant I would like to claim: I play there simply in another league. That shows not least also my quite attractive appearance, if I may say that so once.
My dress is characterized by a wonderful course of blue tones which only emphasizes my attractive figure. On the head I wear a very nice little cap, which completes the overall picture with regard to the value. Even if you touch me or hold me in your hand, it should feel good, at least that's what I've heard.

But well, let's get back to my inner values. As a born Aquat, I naturally possess the task of bringing a certain freshness with me - point of honor!
However, I combine and unite this freshness with notes, which can be quite titled the attribute of elegance. My tangerine side I present with a neat shot of creaminess, some also say, with a touch of (magic) powder.
Of course, I make sure not to swing the powder puff too much, just a touch!
In addition to the fresh components, I also want to show my harmony-needy side, so I am said that my effect is very harmonious and warm.

Compared to many of my industry partners, I am quite fit endurance-wise.
Of course, I don't come close to our endurance boss, but my wearers are quite satisfied. Megamare, after all, is also a daredevil, a bully! I, on the other hand, am charming, accommodating, and as I said before, extremely elegant.

So, let me visit you once and give me a chance to convince. I can definitely upgrade the image of the Aquaten a bit.
The moment is a wave..
...in the unchanging sea of time. - Andreas Tenzer

Scents like waves are fleeting and difficult to capture, yet here I would like to at least try to "capture" "Wave" by Missoni a little by trying to describe this one.

After I got in the fall to a purchase this fragrance as a sample and there is still no detailed commentary on this, I thought I can do just the beginning.

Missoni was me until then no real term, but evil tongues claim that the fragrance house is strongly oriented to Chanel. First we had "Missoni Pour Homme" as a slightly more old-fashioned version of "Bleu de Chanel Parfum" and so now "Wave", which tries to emulate "Allure Homme Sport". This is certainly not to be dismissed, although the fragrance also reminds me above all of "Versace Pour Homme", as I once owned a whole bottle of this a few years ago. Probably the fragrance is somewhere in the middle between these two, ie a little less citrusy than the Versace and a little creamier than both.

The nose behind Missioni "Wave" is Christophe Raynaud, who was already responsible for 1 Million Privé, and this is supposed to be the best of the 1 Million series. So now something for the summer...

Fragrance

So how can you describe "Wave" now, if you do not know "Allure Homme Sport" or "Versace Pour Homme". The fragrance starts quite clearly with maritime notes. That doesn't mean much at first, at least not to me, so I'll try to describe these "maritime notes" a little more precisely. To put it bluntly, the fragrance is reminiscent of the smell of the sea; that means, above all, salty like a fresh sea breeze blowing around your nose. Or to paraphrase the fragrance's name - the opening smells like you're standing in the ocean and being washed over by a wave of cool, fresh water, leaving behind the salty taste on your tongue and the slightly seaweedy scent in your hair. However, this is also joined by a note of orange, which also gives the prelude a slightly citrus note. Here, however, the fragrance also reminds of a typical "Freshie" or deoduft, like so many other blue fragrances, which hit the same notch a la Dior Sauvage, Dylan Blue etc.

After about 30-60 minutes, however, light floral notes come out and gave the fragrance a certain delicacy and sweetness. Since I like a floral freshness anyway as a fragrance DNA very much, the fragrance turns at the latest here for me in something quite pleasant or less arbitrary.

The Drydown then is for me but the real highlight of the fragrance, because it develops here a certain creaminess, about like dry, sweet and creamy wood. A vanilla note can also be made out here with a little imagination, but the fragrance always retains its freshness.

Overall, Missoni with "Wave" the wheel, or the perfume, certainly not reinvented. But it is a rock-solid fragrance that throws together the tried and tested and a small note of its own, especially in the drydown, can still flow in. The scent seems clean, soft and aquatic, like freshly washed laundry hung out to dry on the beach. So he does a lot right and, the reviews show it, certainly comes to the masses also good.

Durability and sillage are quite passable, just for a fresh fragrance. With me, the fragrance remained about 6-7 hours on the skin and was consistently well perceived. So here too "Wave" can score and has the nose in front of many other comparable representatives of this fragrance direction or at least on par.

It is perfect for spring and summer and fits especially for the slightly younger age group. The fragrance is marketed as a men's perfume and so I perceive him. Despite the floral notes in the middle part, the fragrance never seems feminine and always exudes a certain masculinity, possibly due to the vetiver, which is listed as a base note.

So how do I personally rate this fragrance? "Wave" is overall a fine, round fragrance that does many things right and will certainly find its audience or buyers. In addition, I can imagine that "Wave" could anchor the Missoni fragrance house for the broader masses stronger on the fragrance map.

For me, however, it is then ultimately a little too generic, in the sense of nothing special, and ultimately also seems a little too synthetic. This is him in this price range (about 25 € for 50 ml) but also to forgive, he raises but not at all the claim to be something special or exclusive. So who is looking for a cheap and quite pleasant alternative to "Allure Homme Sport" or "Versace Pour Homme", this fragrance is recommended.

PedroCabralPedroCabral 3 months ago
Perfect! For me, better than VPH and AHS. The performance is much better!
JMWeedJMWeed 5 months ago
A perfect blend of what’s best in the AHS line. An excellent fresh scent with very good performance, best bottle with magnet top, low price.
Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 1 year ago
It sits between Versace signature and Allure Homme sport. Anytime anywhere
JamPetrarkaJamPetrarka 1 year ago
Basically Chanel AHS with better performance. Great everyday scent for an amazing price/quality ratio.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 1 year ago
Similar to Chanel Allure Homme Sport and Versace pour Homme. Fresh opening with mandarin orange and marine notes. Sweet lavender in the base

by Stephan78
by Zauber600
by Marathonisti
by Marathonisti

Popular by Missoni

Missoni Parfum pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Missoni Missoni (1981) (Parfum) by Missoni Missoni Uomo (Eau de Toilette) by Missoni Aria Missoni (Eau de Toilette) by Missoni Missoni (2015) (Eau de Parfum) by Missoni Missoni (2016) (Eau de Toilette) by Missoni Missoni (2006) (Eau de Parfum) by Missoni Missoni Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Missoni Missoni Acqua (Eau de Toilette) by Missoni Molto Missoni by Missoni Olympios (Eau de Toilette) by Missoni Missoni Colori - Arancio by Missoni Missoni Colori - Giallo by Missoni Missoni Colori - Rosa by Missoni Noi Donne by Missoni Aria Missoni (Parfum) by Missoni Noi by Missoni Missoni Parfum pour Homme (After Shave Lotion) by Missoni Noi Uomini by Missoni Olympios (After Shave Lotion) by Missoni